Thread: Official Thief Soundtrack / Music / Composer - Luc St.Pierre - NEW "Firequake" ?

Official Thief Soundtrack / Music / Composer - Luc St.Pierre - NEW "Firequake" ?

bro Viktoria my lady i am calling you 'my lady', 'bro' isn't a reference or anything else, it's a way to start a message, like 'dear' or something like that you know how i luv ppl on this forum i can hardly write here without this word in the beginning u know if i could grab all of you and cuddle cuddle cuddle
    bro in eidos i trust

Originally Posted by zwanzig_zwoelf
    ...if i could grab all of you and cuddle cuddle cuddle
    So long as its just a 'friendly'.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

bro Viktoria my lady i would never cuddle you in more than a friendly way unless you want it
    bro in eidos i trust

Ahem. I don't want it, I have a bf. He's my soulmate, the man of my dreams, my lover and My Heart's One True Keeper.
    Do I need to go on?
    But thanks for the offer anyway. You are thoughtful.
    signature image

bro Viktoria my lady relax i said 'if you want it' not 'even if you don't want it' but by 'more' i meant 'brotherly' or 'sisterly' manner
    bro in eidos i trust

I joke with you; so I am relaxed.
    signature image

I found a collection of Thief tracks in YouTube. These are not included in the official soundtrack but they are very good. Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhfhMXo_wYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdHdRyZNpAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcWm1oOUno

bro in eidos i trust

I was always wondering why not to give fans ALL the best tracks? And who chooses which are and which aren't placed on cd? It concerns other games, too, for example Darksiders 2 (at least this game had 2-cd soundtrack, but still many great themes didn't show officially on cd).

Thief 2014 has great soundtrack (these soundcloud and youtube unofficial tracks are even better), but their shortness make me think some of them would be better when mixed with other. 2min+ tracks are good enough for me but shorter ones are, well, too short. And don't even dare to write me here that tracks can be looped - it's not what I mean;-D
    My english isn't perfect, sorry...

Originally Posted by bartekb8
    One of my top favorites. Very heavy theme, moody, brilliant.

Elements of Thief 2014's soundtrack (that track a prime example) reminds me heavily of Tron: Legacy's soundtrack. Especially the first minute of that Thief Taker General track, and then a bit later in it. Almost indistinguishable from tracks in Tron: Legacy to an unsuspecting ear.

The horn swells combined with somewhat hurried beats in the background, some of the chords, the instruments, tempo and style of strings over horns, etc. in the soundtrack, in general, are definitely reminiscent of Tron: Legacy. Could copy and paste it over to that movie and be fine. Since one of Thief 2014's artists had also done art for Tron: Legacy, it makes me wonder if EM or Luc St. Pierre purposely mimicked Tron: Legacy's soundtrack. Too many similarities at times to be mere coincidence, imo. Or someone high up may have said, "I love the Tron Legacy soundtrack, please be influenced heavily by it when creating ours."

I'm not judging that decision, I'm just observing. But if I'm to put my judging hat on, then yes, I don't want to hear Tron: Legacy or Batman when I'm playing Thief. Symphonic and orchestral pieces can be found in every other movie and piece of media, so it can be a bit tiresome for me; especially when classic Thief already had an established sound and style I liked and expect for any Thief game. Eric Brosius' work is signature Thief and I would far prefer Brosius over Tron Legacy/Batman symphony for any Thief game.

I was always wondering why not to give fans ALL the best tracks? And who chooses which are and which aren't placed on cd? It concerns other games, too, for example Darksiders 2 (at least this game had 2-cd soundtrack, but still many great themes didn't show officially on cd).

Thief 2014 has great soundtrack (these soundcloud and youtube unofficial tracks are even better), but their shortness make me think some of them would be better when mixed with other. 2min+ tracks are good enough for me but shorter ones are, well, too short. And don't even dare to write me here that tracks can be looped - it's not what I mean;-D
    I'm sure we'll get some remixes soon... just as we have for the (awesome) DXHR soundtrack.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    I'm sure we'll get some remixes soon... just as we have for the (awesome) DXHR soundtrack.
    I hope so :-)

Regarding only the outtakes... anyone have a favourite track?

https://soundcloud.com/lucjvstpierre...thief-outtakes

Luc also has a Facebook account, fyi:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Luc-S...77891012298170
    signature image

bro can i add him to friends and tell him how i like his music and make suggestions about what he should write for the next thief i think hell like my ideas :P
    bro in eidos i trust

I don't see why not, others have.
    I am sure he would be happy to discuss the Thief soundtrack with bloggers if they wish, and answer any questions he can.
    signature image

Originally Posted by zwanzig_zwoelf
    bro can i add him to friends and tell him how i like his music and make suggestions about what he should write for the next thief i think hell like my ideas :P
    Do any of the newly released tracks sound like classic Eric Brosius "Thief" tracks? If so, I'll give a listen to the specific tracks. If not, I won't... sorry to say, but I don't really need to hear more horn swell-filled tracks, and ones that I personally find reminiscent of Batman and Tron Legacy rather than Thief

I love this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFVTcfg_vzA
    Ripped from the game (chapter 6), but unfortunately cut too early, when music goes fast in a very interesting way. I don't remember this song.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    Do any of the newly released tracks sound like classic Eric Brosius "Thief" tracks? If so, I'll give a listen to the specific tracks. If not, I won't... sorry to say, but I don't really need to hear more horn swell-filled tracks, and ones that I personally find reminiscent of Batman and Tron Legacy rather than Thief
    bro first 3 thief games are boring the only game i bothered to play more than 10 minutes is thief 3 and its awesome others look like mobile games i dont like them also luc managed to make the music nice its best music in thief series eric brosius did a bad job on first 3 i dont remember anything apart from cheesy jrock in the cutscene here it feels warm and intimate like a drink with a best friend near the fireplace or hugging your dying brother and sometimes it goes wubwubwub like im having a nice time kissing and hugging with my sister while on first 3 games it was like wooo wooo wooo booooooorrrrriiiinnngggg
    bro in eidos i trust

"bro viktoria".. now I've seen it all.

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more horn swell!

Stop provoking, Zwanzig. It's a matter of taste. Music in old trilogy is more neutral but fits to games perfectly. Music from Thief 3 is great to listen out of the game, too. And man, if you're writing down that Dark Project and Metal Age are boring games it just means you were playing them way too late to see and appreciate their greatness. To me, TDP and TMA are more than sum of ALL games I've ever played. And I've been playing games since zx spectrum golden times.
    PS. And have some respect for the grandfather of stealth games. There would be no Thief DS and others without The Dark Project.

Originally Posted by pirate1802
    .. now I've seen it all.
    I've seen far more....

To me, TDP and TMA are more than sum of ALL games I've ever played.
    I'm right by your side on this one; though I would also include Deus Ex in that line up.
    signature image

Stop provoking, Zwanzig. It's a matter of taste. Music in old trilogy is more neutral but fits to games perfectly. Music from Thief 3 is great to listen out of the game, too. And man, if you're writing down that Dark Project and Metal Age are boring games it just means you were playing them way too late to see and appreciate their greatness. To me, TDP and TMA are more than sum of ALL games I've ever played. And I've been playing games since zx spectrum golden times.
    PS. And have some respect for the grandfather of stealth games. There would be no Thief DS and others without The Dark Project.
    bro im not provoking im just stating my opinion if you dont like it relax im not your enemy and im not here to see you going mad i just told my opinion that i didnt really like the early thief series but kinda enjoyed thief 3 well there are series that are simply out of luck but here we got an amazing reboot also i think that grandfather of all stealth games is metal gear solid
    bro in eidos i trust

Page 5 of 11 First First 123456789 ... Last