Page 4 of 11 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: Official Thief Soundtrack / Music / Composer - Luc St.Pierre - NEW "Firequake" ?

Official Thief Soundtrack / Music / Composer - Luc St.Pierre - NEW "Firequake" ?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,186
    Perhaps someone on the credits is the de-composer. (*EDIT Yes, that was mean *EDIT AGAIN but Weir did say someone did surgery on his soundtrack on the trailer, and it wasn't goblins).

  2. #77
    Hey guys!

    I just registered to the forum to break you this, I didn't see this on the forum so here you go.

    You can listen to 0:30 snippets from the official game soundtrack from Luc St. Pierre, which is going to be released next week alongside the game here:
    http://www.sumthing.com/p/thief/


  3. #78
    against me knowing better i bought the game and am playing it currently. lots of things stand out as annoying, but most of all currently the terrible action music. i cant imagine how anyone familiar with the series can say, hell yes lets use that driving pulsating music for when the player got discovered.

    i reload everytime i hear it, i dont even try to "live" with the consequences of being discovered, because that music is so insanely annoying. unfortunately, there are places you can't even do that, when being discovered is a fixed event in the story.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,186
    Originally Posted by mvs
    against me knowing better i bought the game and am playing it currently. lots of things stand out as annoying, but most of all currently the terrible action music. i cant imagine how anyone familiar with the series can say, hell yes lets use that driving pulsating music for when the player got discovered.

    i reload everytime i hear it, i dont even try to "live" with the consequences of being discovered, because that music is so insanely annoying. unfortunately, there are places you can't even do that, when being discovered is a fixed event in the story.
    I don't mind the music in itself, but it definitely has a 'time for some kick-ass action' vibe to it rather than 'time to prevent my ass from being kicked'.

  5. #80
    I wonder if there will be some additional soundtrack for Thief? I mean original soundtrack is pretty good but there are much more cool ambient music in the game which isn't included on the cd?
    My english isn't perfect, sorry...

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by bartekb8
    I wonder if there will be some additional soundtrack for Thief? I mean original soundtrack is pretty good but there are much more cool ambient music in the game which isn't included on the cd?
    Yes, there will be... I'm listening to it right now.
    I love it! It will be released on/after the 25th.

    Here is a teaser for you that has permission to be shared:


    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  7. #82
    Great news! And great song! It's just something what I'm looking for.
    Thanks, Viktoria :-)
    My english isn't perfect, sorry...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Luc has updated his website:
    http://www.lucstpierremusic.com

    You'll find more music here:
    http://www.lucstpierremusic.com/soundtracks
    https://soundcloud.com/lucjvstpierre/sets

    Anyone have any favourites?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  9. #84
    Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Luc has updated his website:
    http://www.lucstpierremusic.com

    You'll find more music here:
    http://www.lucstpierremusic.com/soundtracks
    https://soundcloud.com/lucjvstpierre/sets

    Anyone have any favourites?
    Meeting Orion. It has a nice Thiefish ambiance, it also has a nostalgic feel to it, almost like the music of the old games but with a modern and cinematic wibe.

    Also like the Garrett theme.

  10. #85
    Too bad all of them are so short... Oh well, you can't get everything in the end.
    I have a question: how can I obtain these tracks?
    My english isn't perfect, sorry...

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    Meeting Orion. It has a nice Thiefish ambiance, it also has a nostalgic feel to it, almost like the music of the old games but with a modern and cinematic wibe.

    Also like the Garrett theme.
    Agreed, I liked Meeting Orion immediately. I like the House of Blossoms track too.

    Originally Posted by bartekb8
    I have a question: how can I obtain these tracks?
    I shall ask for you. Stay tuned.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by bartekb8
    Too bad all of them are so short... Oh well, you can't get everything in the end.
    I have a question: how can I obtain these tracks?

    Okay, I have some extra information.
    The reason why the tracks are short/limited with the new OST is because of the proximity with the Director's cut release date. We are right now 30 days after the release date of the official OST and songs of the Composer's cut at this time would only be available in streaming and in limited quantity.

    Do watch this space in the meantime. Luc has more music to release... as well as some special re-arrangements.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  13. #88
    So there is more of it, excellent
    Thanks for your efforts, Viktoria, I appreciate it :-)
    My english isn't perfect, sorry...

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047

    You're welcome.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  15. #90
    Hi there, Viktoria! Any news on the expanded soundtrack release? I'd really like to be able to listen to the entire thing!
    "When the progress of time ceases, the evil one will be pointed out for all to see."

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    The THIEF Director's Cut Original Soundtrack is available at EM's store and includes 20 tracks by Luc St. Pierre.

    http://store.eidosmontreal.com/brand...oundtrack.html
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  17. #92
    Originally Posted by Viktoria
    The THIEF Director's Cut Original Soundtrack is available at EM's store and includes 20 tracks by Luc St. Pierre.

    http://store.eidosmontreal.com/brand...oundtrack.html
    I already own the Director's Cut Soundtrack as part of the Master Thief Edition, but there are several pieces of music that are not featured in the soundtrack, such as the one you linked to in an earlier post! When can we get to hear those?

    EDIT: Nevermind, found them all on SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/lucjvstpierre...thief-outtakes!
    "When the progress of time ceases, the evil one will be pointed out for all to see."

  18. #93
    bro soundtrack is so cool i never had an orgasm when i listen to music but here its just awesome i like it like cool stuff and things but there are little to no wubwubwub and im not happy with that id like more wubwubwub in next thief
    bro in eidos i trust

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by Verrenus
    I already own the Director's Cut Soundtrack as part of the Master Thief Edition, but there are several pieces of music that are not featured in the soundtrack, such as the one you linked to in an earlier post! When can we get to hear those?

    EDIT: Nevermind, found them all on SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/lucjvstpierre...thief-outtakes!
    Apologies for misunderstanding.. I thought you had noticed the link to the soundcloud playlist a few posts above.
    All updates are added to first post/first page of this thread too; for easy reference.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  20. #95
    Nothing memorable in the Thief OST except for the menu music. Everything else is generic, random, soulless sounds. I feel disappointed with the game music. I expected more given the DX:HR great soundtrack.

  21. #96
    bro uprising theme is so cool im like wow cool theme like post rock so so depressed gotta rebel getting into my suv and driving around the city listening to the police and stealing popcorn from street vendors
    bro in eidos i trust

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    FYI:

    Luc St. Pierre talks 'Thief' on Top Score
    Feature audio interview.
    by Emily Reese, Minnesota Public Radio
    http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...hief-top-score
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    The Hollywood Music Media Awards 2014
    Luc St Pierre has been nominated for Thief under the visual media category.

    http://www.hmmawards.org/hmma-2014-m...edia-nominees/
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

  24. #99
    bro oh i just listened to the soundtrack again someone said its intimate now i cant listen to it why do you do that i just felt like im gonna get hugged by the composer if i listen to it again
    bro in eidos i trust

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    Originally Posted by zwanzig_zwoelf
    bro..

    Shouldn't you be calling me 'sis/sister'?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 4 of 11 First First 12345678 ... Last