Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Official Thief Soundtrack / Music / Composer - Luc St.Pierre - NEW "Firequake" ?

Official Thief Soundtrack / Music / Composer - Luc St.Pierre - NEW "Firequake" ?

Eric Brosius was god. And his masterpiece was the soundtrack of TDS.

Originally Posted by pwyll
    If you ask me his masterpiece was ambient of TDM.

It almost hadn't gamey elements and still felt so... can't explain how it felt, it felt just...

My favourite was always the The Dark Project soundtrack. Except for the music when you go into the Overlord's Fancy, I mean Jesus Christ...

Originally Posted by Fps Sasha
    Looks like Luc St. Pierre is the official composer for Thief, taffers and tafferettes. Here's a link to his site:

http://www.lucstpierremusic.com/

I wonder if Luc intends to update his site at some point as it only shows a mini biography at the moment.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Viktoria

I wonder if Luc intends to update his site at some point as it only shows a mini biography at the moment.
    Ah, that's his home page. If you click on his name at the top left, you're brought here:

http://www.lucstpierremusic.com/component/content/

Thank you.
    signature image

Here is some background ambience I extracted from the companion app... I have to say I really like what I hear!

*link removed*

It's great... Anyone recognise what sounds like the pipe music from the Bonehoard near the end?

There are a few gods. Personally I think some of the greatest modern compositions exist in video games these days.

For the present, don't post any content from the companion app please.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...0&postcount=74
    signature image

Originally Posted by janiashvili
    If you ask me his masterpiece was ambient of TDM.

It almost hadn't gamey elements and still felt so... can't explain how it felt, it felt just...
    TDM OST is not composed by him, I think.

The dark mod intro music. Good lord thanks for reminding me. It's more exquisite than the actual game, and I'm not being hyperbolic.

TDM OST is not composed by him, I think.
    ugh... I meant TDP....

Sorrry!

Originally Posted by garryengly
    Here is some background ambience I extracted from the companion app... I have to say I really like what I hear!

*link removed*
    I wish I could have heard it. Makes me wonder: once the app is released for all mobile platforms, will taffers who don't have smartphones or data plans to support it be able to view and hear the media in the app through posts people make in this forum, like garryengly, or would that be prohibited? Just wondering, to help prepare for the future.

I think in TDP the tracks lack variety. They all sound the same. And most importantly - during the same track nothing happens. It's one and the same boring sound all the time. Only in the end missions there is some action but still nothing special.

While in TDS every track has its own mood and vibe.

I think in TDP the tracks lack variety. They all sound the same. And most importantly - during the same track nothing happens. It's one and the same boring sound all the time. Only in the end missions there is some action but still nothing special.

Sorry, but I completly disagree. Ever heard the soundtrack of "The Sword"? Or "Assasins"?

Deadly Shadows is Eric's best work in the Thief series; absolutely agree with that sentiment.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

It's great as compositions, but for a Thief game, I prefer less reliance on music scores and more on a variety of organic droning ambients. I haven't played TDS much, so I can't remember how many droning ambients they had vs. full music tracks, or what their ratio was.

Just heard "The Sword" and there are the same tunes in "The Keepers Library" and "The Pagans" in TDS. They are obviously composed by the same person.

I think we are arguing here whether Eric is awesome or great. Perhaps we are both right.

You sure? In TDP most of the ambience I hear in each mission is made up of sounds that are relevant to that mission. The droning hammer sounds in Undercover ring a bell as an example. edit: Oh I forgot to mention the choir singing that comes in now and then.

The music in TDS still had some of that flavour, but I felt like it was a teensy bit louder than in the previous games...Maybe that's just me.

Originally Posted by Domey
    I like the piano in the Out of the Shadows trailer too, but again -> the original trailer is so much better and has a wonderful music. I will ask Paul if I'm allowed to share a little snippet
    You're from Austria? Hmmm suddenly I trust your opinion on music composing more than other people..

Honestly I am glad this thread was posted, here we've all been fretting over voices and controls- but music! How refreshing to fret over something totally new! All I hope for in a good Thief game is music to match the mood.... which might be tough, since the mood could change from dicey and dangerous to calm and serene in a few moments.

EDIT:
    Since people are sharing such stealthy music, Derpette wishes to share some too! This is from a stealth game I used to play, and still do when I'm feeling.... stealthy.

http://youtu.be/lpS6z_1kaso?t=30s

Ha Tenchu I love that series!!
    *high five*
    Stealth Assassins is my favourite. This music is pretty stealthy:

Originally Posted by Ape Beast
    ...The droning hammer sounds in Undercover ring a bell as an example. edit: Oh I forgot to mention the choir singing that comes in now and then.
    TDS hammer sounds and choirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYq3-7l0Vs

I love the old... and I remain curious for the new.
    Looking forward to hearing more of Luc's work.
    signature image

While agreeing that TDS had better music, I disagree TDP sounded worse.

Thing is, TDP hadn't music at all! What it had was source of sound rather than actual music.

Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last