Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: "OPEN FOR BUSINESS" - THIEF Merchants/Traders & City/District Map - All Discussion

"OPEN FOR BUSINESS" - THIEF Merchants/Traders & City/District Map - All Discussion

To the left of Jeweller (bottom left corner):

PRINT SHOP - NEWS PAPER

Totally missed that one, thanks.
    Summary updated.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

We have "Stonecutter's Court" confirmed. Summary updated.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...postcount=1489
    signature image

Reynard's Coffeehouse

(click image to enlarge)

______
    |Offices|
    | Toilet |
    -----------

above coffeehouse

Haha... pretty sure that's offices TO LET, not offices toilet...

I chuckled.

Thanks for the new trade names/images. First post/first page updated.
    signature image

"Blackfurrow" (2:26 - http://youtu.be/MNP4Yh3jg6k?t=2m25s)

Originally Posted by knox140
    Haha... pretty sure that's offices TO LET, not offices toilet...
    well they have already spelt koala wrong (says the aussies in the forum) hehehehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koala

maybe they are going to include drop bears as a new enemy

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear

There is no Garrett, only Zuul!

Haha, koala bear fangs are bigger than I thought.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    Many thanks DF, 1st page updated.

Do we have any good district map images yet? I would like to add to first page if so.

Update:
    Forgot which thread it was, but someone mentioned that we were going to get a map of the city soon? Is that still happening?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Update:
    Forgot which thread it was, but someone mentioned that we were going to get a map of the city soon? Is that still happening?
    You mean this?

signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Okay... I've been partying lately and I'm not up to date...

Thank you.
    signature image

Pretty sure the island at the bottom of the map reads Moira Sanitarium (I would spell it sanitorium, most resembling sanity, but there are many different spellings of it and they both appear to be valid and the pic looks like an "a" not an "o" ). This would be an interesting Easter egg throwback to TDS where Lady Moira went insane in her denial that Captain Moira was dead. She's so beside herself she's convinced that Garrett is Ginny the maid. You can even bring her a bottle of wine! Hehe!
    Possible Spoiler

Dear me! I just noticed the haunted cathedral in the map. If I remember correctly that was set in Old Quarter in TDP? It looks like it could be the "Old" Old Quarter in this case... They even have a retaining wall!
    "This city could do with more red." "That's our lives your talking about!" "I'll probably be horrified once I'm sober."

It's a pretty pixelated map. I wonder if someone has the time to post a better scan? I can wait for Feb. 25th, though, if need be...

It would be nice to have a better map, agreed.

__

I watched the lockdown preview again and noted the following Stonemarket areas:

Serendi Jewellery shop
    Stonecutters Court
    Stonecutters Court West
    Blackfurrow
    Traitor's Gate
    Backway
    Townehouse

Added to first page summary.
    Did I miss any more?
    signature image

It wasn't a location listed on the HUD, but the building straight ahead at 3:50. At 4:45 the sign in the top right corner of the screen reads LIQUOR STORE as the lightning illuminates it. I can't tell if there is another word after, to me the sign looks like there's room for more.
    "This city could do with more red." "That's our lives your talking about!" "I'll probably be horrified once I'm sober."

Thanks for that... summary updated.
    signature image

edios? is the map in game like the older thief games?please tell me no.

I really hope the in game map is a little more manageable in getting around? it was just useless in the old thief games the writing wasn't even legible. the boxes and lines was a joke, It was clear to me that Leonardo devinci had nothing to do with it, but the children around town leaving drawings around, had been mistakenly used as maps by the adults.
    a blind person can make better maps finger painting, bit*h.

Originally Posted by eternalsoul2012
    I really hope the in game map is a little more manageable in getting around?
    The levels in new Thief are rather small. You will not need a map in order to find anything.
    Try my Thief 2 fan mission Old Comrades, Old Debts.
    signature image

The maps in the old Thief games were supposed to be rough estimates, since Garrett didn't have a magical map machine. Also, if you use them in conjunction with your compass, they're actually pretty easy to navigate.

Anyway, you're in luck, because the new maps are much more detailed.

They were hand drawn by the thief based on information they gathered before starting the mission...

But lucky for you the immersion breaking mini map is there to tell you where everything is.

That was the point. The maps were deliberately low in detail so you had to mostly rely on your brain to find your way around. I personally liked the plain maps, they encouraged exploration while, at the same time, stopping the open levels from being too unmanageable.

But in this game you get a minimap a la Assassins' Creed, which has a lot more detail.

Yes, someone calling the old maps "useless" because they don't show you exactly where everything is is really missing the point, big time. It's a little disappointing that some"fans" actually feel this way.
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

Originally Posted by brethren
    Yes, someone calling the old maps "useless" because they don't show you exactly where everything is is really missing the point, big time. It's a little disappointing that some"fans" actually feel this way.
    In all fairness, getting a "map" like this

is practically useless
    (I mean the level is pretty much linear anyways, but still)

There's being vague, then there's useless, and Thief had plenty of those

I'm a fan of the minimal map too... for Thief - but I do get your point, NyteSama.
    signature image

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last