Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 143

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS - Forum Migration

  1. #101
    So, now I'm supposed to make a third account?

    OK. Just tried. Nickname is taken and does not appear on user list so I'm guessing it's still "mine".

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I know, I explained what changed earlier
    May I ask where exactly? I'm having problems finding the post. And how does this affect my "2 nicknames situation".

    Edit: Found it.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    FLORIDA, USA
    Posts
    364
    Why when I made a username with the new SQUARE ENIX forum... a 5 was put on after "jack_raider" .. "jack_raider5" ... I don't want this.
    "Well you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours."
    signature image

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_Raider View Post
    Why when I made a username with the new SQUARE ENIX forum... a 5 was put on after "jack_raider" .. "jack_raider5" ... I don't want this.
    That's probably your SE ID, not your nickname. Login on the forum part and click on "my profile" to see what your forum nickname is.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    2,845
    Hi Driber,

    This is my SE account. But I have different e-mails for these two accounts. Do I need to change e-mail settings to merge properly?

    Regards

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Hi Driber,

    This is my SE account. But I have different e-mails for these two accounts. Do I need to change e-mail settings to merge properly?

    Regards
    It shouldn't be a problem to use different email addresses for your EF and SEF accounts. Just make sure both are functional, in case you forget your password for either of them and need to retrieve / reset it

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  6. #106
    Quick question, I signed up with SE when they were linking TR to the online counter (kills, miles etc) so would this be the same account now? Just tried to put my username and it seems someone has already took it dammit.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    Quick question, I signed up with SE when they were linking TR to the online counter (kills, miles etc) so would this be the same account now?
    Why don't you just try it

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  8. #108
    So I registered J_B_G_ on the SE much to my disdain. I can live with it though. Any eta on the move?

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    ^ No ETA yet. We're still working on the account migration tools.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    630
    I really like how you guys are actually giving updates as to what's going on instead of just announcing a move and then unexpectedly pushing it through. Kudos.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom, West Midlands
    Posts
    1,821
    The whole migration process is going to confuse the hell out of me. i'll just start fresh..

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    I really like how you guys are actually giving updates as to what's going on instead of just announcing a move and then unexpectedly pushing it through. Kudos.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    The whole migration process is going to confuse the hell out of me. i'll just start fresh..
    The migration tool as far as I've been able to test is actually pretty straight forward. I expect in most cases the process to only take a couple of minutes. We will also have a list of clear instructions for everyone so they know exactly what to do when the migration begins.

    But if you still rather start fresh, that's of course up to you

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Northern Wilderness
    Posts
    302
    so it seems i have already registered over there as i could use my facebook acount to log in. i even had a new(old) username that i use other places. But i could not change it back.I understand that some usernames have been reserved? Is there a way for me to have it changed back if this is the case? I dont think anyone else have registred my name as a search for gorechild came up empty.
    signature image

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    so it seems i have already registered over there as i could use my facebook acount to log in. i even had a new(old) username that i use other places. But i could not change it back.I understand that some usernames have been reserved? Is there a way for me to have it changed back if this is the case? I dont think anyone else have registred my name as a search for gorechild came up empty.
    Doing a forum search for your username and seeing no results doesn't mean the username isn't already taken. If the person didn't use the forum yet, the name wouldn't come up in a search.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    532
    Wish I'd seen this earlier. Tried changing my nickname on my SE account, but it says it's already taken. So it looks like I won't be bringing this nickname with me.

    Also Driber, I asked a while ago on the SE boards about not being able to change my e-mail associated with the SE account. Last I heard you said that someone was looking into it, but I've not heard back yet.
    signature image

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    ^ If your SEM profile doesn't have an option to change email address, you can contact SE support and they will do it for you. Link to support is at the bottom of SE forums.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Hello Driber, I registered, too.

    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/7067531 ---> this is my account over there. There is no significant difference between my username here and there.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    ^ Great!

    FYI - a SEM profile link isn't share-able with others. Log out there and click the link to see for yourself, heh. You'd have to go to SE forums and there click the "forum profile" link

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ^ If your SEM profile doesn't have an option to change email address, you can contact SE support and they will do it for you. Link to support is at the bottom of SE forums.
    Ok. Thanks Driber.
    signature image

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ^ Great!

    FYI - a SEM profile link isn't share-able with others. Log out there and click the link to see for yourself, heh. You'd have to go to SE forums and there click the "forum profile" link

    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/mem...itor_messaging
    Is this it?


    Oh, and why do I have to log in as IvanaKC4 if my username is IvanaKC even when I log in?

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Yup!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Oh, and why do I have to log in as IvanaKC4 if my username is IvanaKC even when I log in?
    The latter is your public nickname, whereas the former is your private SE ID, which is an alternative way to login besides your email address, and it never changes, even if your nickname is changed for some reason.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    The latter is your public nickname, whereas the former is your private SE ID, which is an alternative way to login besides your email address, and it never changes, even if your nickname is changed for some reason.

    Thank you for clarifying that.

    I also have a bit irrelevant question - is the forum going to keep Tomb Raider Dark style/skin?

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Hello Driber, I registered, too.

    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/7067531 ---> this is my account over there. There is no significant difference between my username here and there.
    In theory mine either but I feel like Forrest Gump when I say J_B_G_ instead of JBG. I like Forrest but I never wanted to be his brother......except for the money.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that.

    I also have a bit irrelevant question - is the forum going to keep Tomb Raider Dark style/skin?
    Yes, that skin will be available on SEF once we migrate

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The highest ground...
    Posts
    23,047
    I logged into my SE account earlier and noticed that the choice of custom avatars don't yet include any characters from "Thief".
    Are there any plans to add any please? Just Garrett would do.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •