Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Thief box art unveiled for all platforms!

Thief box art unveiled for all platforms!

Any word on the Collectors Edition?
    signature image

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    I enjoy it. The pin-striping on the mask seems a little strange to me, though

I can't help but mod things sometimes... so here's a fan art mod version. Maybe some wishful thinking embedded within Darkened it up a bit, darkened Garrett's face to set it back a little and give him a little more mystery, removed the NuLogo, plopped a logo in that I was hoping for, made the logo glow a bit to bring focus to it, and highlighted the fingertips a bit to reflect light from the logo to make the logo feel a part of the scene rather than simple print pasted on top.

Hi-res version.
    me gusta. I wish you had not darkened the mechanical eye though, as it adds quite a lot of intrigue that could be very useful for a cover image. But very cool nevertheless!

I can't help but mod things sometimes... so here's a fan art mod version. Maybe some wishful thinking embedded within Darkened it up a bit, darkened Garrett's face to set it back a little and give him a little more mystery, removed the NuLogo, plopped a logo in that I was hoping for, made the logo glow a bit to bring focus to it, and highlighted the fingertips a bit to reflect light from the logo to make the logo feel a part of the scene rather than simple print pasted on top.

Hi-res version.
    That is amazing. It's my desktop wallpaper now

The cover reminds me of that Cracked article about how on all of Jackie Chan's movie posters his fists or feet are much bigger than his head...

I don't like it very much, it's again very generic and boring.

I don't care if it has garrett riding a burrick naked thru the streets of stonemarket, if I have it in my hands, a quick glance at the cover then install and off to blackjack some guards and get my thief on!
    There is no Garrett, only Zuul!

if it has garrett riding a burrick naked thru the streets of stonemarket
    Hello Collector's Edition!
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

I like the box art.
    Wonder if the collectors' edition will be different...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I can imagine a copy of Thief 4 sitting nicely with my vast PC collection

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    Hello Collector's Edition!
    I wish this forum had a "vote up" function, because I would upvote this post a million times over .

Hi-res version.

Original, for reference:
    I like this.

Thank you! I will try to make one this weekend where Garrett's eye is a little brighter, per hikikomori-san's recommendation. I can see how the green glow could make it more interesting. As somewhat of a purist, I wanted to dim it... but I'm also okay with having it glow for fun

My initial reaction was uncertainty of what to make of it. After a little thought, though, I think it's pretty alright. It's consistent with the art direction we've already seen and the fog motif, so it looks 'as it should' (if I weren't yet accustomed to all the departures from the old games, I'd be saying it looks totally wrong). The grabbing motion and the Thief logo brings attention to what the game is about.

I'm still hoping for a more subtle collector's edition like the mock-up I did a while ago
    signature image

A bit bland. Nothing really to complain about, but it ain't this.

Small nitpick: Wasn't the entire justification for the transformers mech-bow that it was collapsible for hiding? Then why does it seem to be every bit as big -and visible- as the old one?

Man, that made a lot of difference! I could actually put my support behind this as a cover. That darkness really invokes the darkness that should be in the game. Currently it looks too blue, both in-game and on the cover. I didn't realize what I disliked about the cover until I saw your version, but you are absolutely right.

I gotta admit...that's got some terrific charm.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

It's just nostalgia for the old style logo and nostalgia for darkness rather than fog making people say they prefer DF's altered box art. (Yeah, I like it better, too.)

Originally Posted by Maijstral
    It's just nostalgia for the old style logo and nostalgia for darkness rather than fog making people say they prefer DF's altered box art. (Yeah, I like it better, too.)
    <Cut> I prefer the altered box art. Strikes me as being darker and more mysterious than the official one.

<Edited for taffery>

I wasn't being serious with that post. Nostalgia was the word EM used to dismiss criticisms from the old-timers.

Originally Posted by Maijstral
    I wasn't being serious with that post. Nostalgia was the word EM used to dismiss criticisms from the old-timers.
    Apologies. It can be hard to read someone's tone on the internet .

I smell a potential crossover ad campaign...

signature image

Originally Posted by xAcerbusx

This wins the thread.

Originally Posted by xAcerbusx

You have one with now&laters? How about the fruit mentos?

Originally Posted by HERESY
    You have one with now&laters? How about the fruit mentos?
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You can actually communicate like a rational human being? Who would've thought....

Originally Posted by HERESY
    I like this.
    It's strange how better old logo looks... Much more stylized, and feels "different"(from this mainstream, overused crap design)

Originally Posted by Spades
    This wins the thread.
    Gets my vote too.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last