Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Deus Ex: The Fall released early - get it TODAY!

Deus Ex: The Fall released early - get it TODAY!

I hope they've got a good explanation and a quick fix in the works for this. Looking awfully scummy right now.
    Wings melt and we hide
    And all this means nothing to the sun

EM needs to fix this.

So you need the latest iPad or iPhone and it can't be jailbroken? If you suckered people into buying it, at least have the courtesy to make it work.

I saw a fix posted on another forum, but it's probably against the rules to post it here, so I won't unless a mod approves.

b1skit, sometimes I think I want a job like yours, and then sometimes I don't envy it at all.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Paying customers should be able to play the game without any restrictions.

EM, you dropped the ball on this. A large percentage of the gaming community was against this game and now this fiasco? How do you expect for people to get on board when stunts like this are pulled?

Originally Posted by Shralla
    b1skit, sometimes I think I want a job like yours, and then sometimes I don't envy it at all.
    Well I think in times like this his job is the easiest. The order seems to be "Stay out of the forums, avoid answering."

Originally Posted by El_Bel
    Well I think in times like this his job is the easiest. The order seems to be "Stay out of the forums, avoid answering."
    Heh. I was going to say the same thing. Just wait until people start to forget and then come back and announce some "Cool TM".

Originally Posted by El_Bel
    Heyo!

But seriously I'm sure behind the scenes he's scrambling around talking to the dev team and seeing if they can fix it, all while preparing responses to us whether or not it gets fixed.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

I imagine him approaching the devs and asking about the jailbreak boycott thing:

"Hey guys... the community is in uproar about the jailb-"

"Who cares?"

"But they're our fans! They-"

"They'll never pay us as much as what Apple is giving us. Shut up man, you know it."

"But guys-"

"'Fans'. Who gives a about 'fans' nowadays? Look, we're busy, man. We're about to go on a meeting with the Squeenix guys. So why dont you, uh, go out for a walk huh? Clear your head?"

"... Yes sir."

Then b1skit never reports to the forums about it, and people blame him for not trying.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

At least it now says "iPad 2 support coming soon".

The jailbreak move really was a great idea. All news sites are now reporting about this - and not the game itself. Congratulations!

After the desaster with the announcement trailer (does it still have 95% thumbs down?) and the (now revised) iPad3-only I really wonder who is responsible for all these great decisions.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/12/de...ken-ios-devic/

We have not been clear in our communication earlier this week when we launched Deus Ex: The Fall. We did not state clearly that the game would not support jailbroken devices and so we will be switching this off via an update, so that all the supported iOS devices will be able to play the game in the near future.
    Big surprise.

So they're going to fix it. Good job, EM.

You do love praising them for fixing things that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    You do love praising them for fixing things that shouldn't be broken in the first place.
    Please read classic posts #27 and #30 (in this thread.)

ETA: Forgot to add "classic."

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    Makes me wonder if this was just a marketing ploy to garner positive spin once they removed the restrictions.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Makes me wonder if this was just a marketing ploy to garner positive spin once they removed the restrictions.
    Removed the restrictions? That requires a port to actual gaming platforms and restoring it to a proper Deus Ex experience which would take 2 years give or take

Page 2 of 2 First First 12