View Poll Results: Do you want to see Croft Manor return?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - in the next game (TR10)

132 84.08%
  • Yes - but in TR11 or later.

14 8.92%
  • No - I hate mazes.

5 3.18%
  • Don't care / No Opinion

6 3.82%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see Croft Manor (Lara's mansion) back in TR10 or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    lol, you mean for lara or generally for some women? i know my wife has these occasional moments but dint tear apart the house
    That's what you have home insurance for
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    That's what you have home insurance for
    let me guess. because something like this might happen:
    signature image

Yeah!! With a super awesome artefact / observatory room please!

Quote Originally Posted by imelda View Post
    Yeah!! With a super awesome artefact / observatory room please!

And a full on BSDM room....for her naughtier moments.

Just kidding.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    let me guess. because something like this might happen:
    lol lets not generalize to much i know a few woman that are great builders
    but would be interesting to see a fresh rebuild mansion

Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    lol lets not generalize to much i know a few woman that are great builders
    And conversely, some men are horrible builders.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    And conversely, some men are horrible builders.

yes, some men do suck with this but i highly doubt they suck that much.

@trance
    yes, i know, we have some women who work on building sides and know how to drill a hole in to a wall.
    but some really cant like my mother and my wife.

but yes, having a totally new or different looking manor would be nice.
    signature image

I think an interesting idea for the mansion would be to use it as a preparation area for each adventure Lara goes on and maybe even let the player choose the order in which they want to play the different adventures. There you would select the adventure, the gear and outfits you'd want to take. It could also be an area for the player to use as downtime in between adventures where Lara could go swimming or do like kickboxing or some kind of MMA or play tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    I think an interesting idea for the mansion would be to use it as a preparation area for each adventure Lara goes on and maybe even let the player choose the order in which they want to play the different adventures. There you would select the adventure, the gear and outfits you'd want to take. It could also be an area for the player to use as downtime in between adventures where Lara could go swimming or do like kickboxing or some kind of MMA or play tennis.
    i like where this is going, would be cool to have a little tool/workshop where Lara could upgrade or build gadgets

I would like to see the weapon upgrades linked to a weapons and target practase room in the Manor and new abilities linked in to the gym so she has some time working out and gains improved skills. That would be cool.

I would like to see Croft Manor in every single TR game from now on. It's simply a place where a player can do whatever he wants, some kind of relaxing level.

Although your idea sounds good, I think we would lose the original feeling of the game. You have to come unprepared for the level, otherwise it's not an adventure and nothing can surprise you. Isn't that what it is all about in TR games - surprising enemy attacks, booby traps...
    As for choosing the order of adventures, well, that's what we had before TR Underworld, didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    As for choosing the order of adventures, well, that's what we had before TR Underworld, didn't we?
    No we didn't?
    Only in TR3 you was able to chose the order of the locations IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    No we didn't?
    Only in TR3 you was able to chose the order of the locations IIRC

Strange, I haven't noticed that. Maybe we have something different in mind because I could swear that you could've finished the game in one and only exact order (because of the storyline).

Strange, I haven't noticed that. Maybe we have something different in mind because I could swear that you could've finished the game in one and only exact order (because of the storyline).
    In TR3, when you finish the India set of levels, you're free to choose where you travel next - London, Nevada, South Pacific or Antarctica.

And after completing each subsequent set of levels in the same geographical location, you're again free to choose until you've completed all sets.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

In TR3, when you finish the India set of levels, you're free to choose where you travel next - London, Nevada, South Pacific or Antarctica.

And after completing each subsequent set of levels in the same geographical location, you're again free to choose until you've completed all sets.

That is the first time I am seeing this. How did I miss such a huge thing? I remember having a bad time trying to finish Nevada levels and I was so eager to see what was the next level, but I was able to find that out the whole time.

Oh, God, I feel so stupid now...

LOL. Too funny!

I remember selecting the sets of levels you wanted to do next. Only problem was first time I did it I chose Nevada last and you lose all your weapons halfway through it. Makes the Antartica levels really hard when you go in missing some of the weapons.

Just mentioned this to my GF and it turns out she initially didn't know about the level select in TR3, either, and she played about 3/4 of the game until she discovered that you can actually choose at the map. So don't feel bad, Ivana... you're not alone

Just mentioned this to my GF and it turns out she initially didn't know about the level select in TR3, either, and she played about 3/4 of the game until she discovered that you can actually choose at the map. So don't feel bad, Ivana... you're not alone
    But still, I tried to convince Pidipidi39 that I was right.
    I guess that women's supposed 'attention to detail' can be thrown right out of the window.

I would like to see Croft Manor in every single TR game from now on. It's simply a place where a player can do whatever he wants, some kind of relaxing level.

Although your idea sounds good, I think we would lose the original feeling of the game. You have to come unprepared for the level, otherwise it's not an adventure and nothing can surprise you. Isn't that what it is all about in TR games - surprising enemy attacks, booby traps...
    After Yamatai I doubt that Lara would go anywhere unprepared at least in terms of clothing,gear and weapons.

After Yamatai I doubt that Lara would go anywhere unprepared at least in terms of clothing,gear and weapons.
    I meant when it comes to enemies. Lara always had her guns, grapple and other gear with her. At least, in LAU trilogy she did.

Just mentioned this to my GF and it turns out she initially didn't know about the level select in TR3, either, and she played about 3/4 of the game until she discovered that you can actually choose at the map.

But still, I tried to convince Pidipidi39 that I was right.
    Don't feel bad about that

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Don't feel bad about that
    I forgot to apologize, but I'm glad that we're okay. It might happen again, though, because I'm more stubborn than a donkey.

If she is getting a country home, she needs everything a country home needs, you know, kitchen, dining room, lounge, study, hall, library, billiard room and a ballroom, but most of all, like any true Brit, she needs a conservatory to store all the exotic plants and wicker furniture she gathers on her travels. Colour coordinated dinnerparty guests optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetford View Post
    If she is getting a country home, she needs everything a country home needs, you know, kitchen, dining room, lounge, study, hall, library, billiard room and a ballroom, but most of all, like any true Brit, she needs a conservatory to store all the exotic plants and wicker furniture she gathers on her travels. Colour coordinated dinnerparty guests optional.
    You forgot the most important feature of a country home. The back yard pool
    signature image

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast