• Wii U

1 1.67%
  • PC

21 35.00%
  • Xbox One

3 5.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Next Generation

Judging by what I know of the next gen consoles so far I will definitely go for PS4.

I'll be going for the PS4!
    signature image

I'm not surprised by the Xbox One results and people voting each console.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Someone was bound to do it, just for a laugh!
    IKR

ut oh, im the only person who voted wii-u, hmm maybe i should have went with a next gen system, I think a fun tmob raider light game like GOL would be fun with the motion controllers the wii and camera systems of the other consoles. CD makes the best puzzle games out there, so if any company could think of a fun way to make a smaller TR game using the motion type controls I bet CD could.

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    If you already played the LAU trilogy on 360, why buy it again for a different system? If it was just for replay, you can just use the copies you already have. What am I missing here?
    The simple fact that some people want to play the same game on multiple consoles. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    PC always next-gen!
    Actually PC always ahead of next-gen.

PS4, I have just always preferred PS over Xbox. Need a nice TR controller next time though!
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    PS4, I have just always preferred PS over Xbox. Need a nice TR controller next time though!
    This would be great, hoping that Eidos is allowed to make TR controllers for the next gen systems, just hope they can color the backs this time.

Put me off buying the one out now because its red on one side and black on the other, what was up with that? Did the red plastic pellets truck driver get beaten up and mugged on the way to the controller backing manufacturer? The precious red pellets, these are troubling times when even Red Plastic Pellets are not safe from the nefarious plans of evil cartels who want nothing more than to create disorder and havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    This would be great, hoping that Eidos is allowed to make TR controllers for the next gen systems, just hope they can color the backs this time.

Put me off buying the one out now because its red on one side and black on the other, what was up with that? Did the red plastic pellets truck driver get beaten up and mugged on the way to the controller backing manufacturer? The precious red pellets, these are troubling times when even Red Plastic Pellets are not safe from the nefarious plans of evil cartels who want nothing more than to create disorder and havoc.
    Well, most gamers do not play games like this:

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

PS4 for sure.

Just a question, what if say XBOX One have compelling exclusive contents?

For me its pretty simple, I get it on the console I will have (not gonna buy both next gen console).

Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post

For me its pretty simple, I get it on the console I will have (not gonna buy both next gen console).
    The Xbox rarely has truly exclusive content when it comes to multi-platform games. They might get timed exclusive content or first crack at DLC but it's definitely not like what Sony does with Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed and I think even Watch Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by kiadaw View Post

I think CD has learned from the past that compelling platform exclusive content does not go over well within the community

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    The Xbox rarely has truly exclusive content when it comes to multi-platform games. They might get timed exclusive content or first crack at DLC but it's definitely not like what Sony does with Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed and I think even Watch Dogs.
    *cough* TRU *cough*

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I think PS4 looks like the best so far and if you get Xbox one you end up buying what is really an in-built kinect. I only use consoles for console gaming not multimedia or motion games so I will get PS4 as it seems best for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    It's not unusual for gamers to have the same game on multiple systems. Hell, I had CoD: Modern Warfare and MW2 on both 360 and PS3 because I had friends on both systems who had only one or the other console, and that way, I could play multiplayer (when I used to play multiplayer) with my friends, period.

Next Gen, TR, PS4 all the way.
    For this generation of consoles for those that had both the PS 3 and 360 the common practice seemed to be they would buy PS 3 exclusives but buy the mutliplats for the 360. Why that is I don't know?

It's interesting just how dominant the Sony consoles are among the people who visit here. In the TR9 poll the PS 3 blew away the 360 while the PC was a close second. In this one it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    For this generation of consoles for those that had both the PS 3 and 360 the common practice seemed to be they would buy PS 3 exclusives but buy the mutliplats for the 360. Why that is I don't know?
    For me, when it came to multiplatform titles, a lot of times it really just depended on which system I played it on first.

In the way of Elder Scrolls Oblivion (my first game for 360), I also ended up getting it for PS3 when it was finally released. I'm not sure quite why...maybe just an impulse buy. But I played it on both systems and enjoyed them both.

One of Sony's biggest problems for the PS3 was it's small RAM size. I think it's either 256MB or 512MB. In either case, it was indeed a hindrance, and that's part of why, at first, when Skyrim came out, it was said that there was likely going to be no add-on content for the PS3 version (in addition to the other technical problems it was apparently suffering). Thankfully, I think they've corrected the problem, and even released the add-on content. But, I ended up sticking with the 360 version of Skyrim, because that was where I played Oblivion and Fallout 3 and New Vegas before. And, as The Last of Us proved, it's not the size of the RAM....it's what you do with it.

I was holding out for a "flight stick" edition of Ace Combat 6 for the PS3, but it never happened, and I was forced to go with the 360 version. All that time, I had played Ace Combat games on PS brands (largely because it was exclusive). Then, the first Ace Combat game that goes multiplatform ends up giving the good stuff to 360. I was aggravated, but, I still ended up getting the 360 version because I like to play my flying games with a flight stick.

Aliens: Colonial Marines I played on PS3 because I had gotten Aliens Vs Predator (different company) on PS3. I know...weird, right?

The Tekken games, I've pretty much exclusively stayed with PS on that one. I don't think they went multiplatform until Tekken 6, but still, I decided to stick with PlayStation on that game.

Even though I own Call of Duty MW's 1, 2, and 3 on both systems, I usually end up getting them on 360 first. Battlefield Bad Company series I play exclusively on 360. (Bring on Bad Company 3!)

Tomb Raider, should I decide to get the next one, will also likely be on PS4 because I've played TR titles almost exclusively on PlayStation brand. (Although I do believe I had Chronicles and maybe Last Revelation on Sega Dreamcast years ago. RIP, Dreamcast.)

The Resident Evil games, I've pretty much stuck with PlayStation, since that's what I've played the games on since the original game. I did, at one time, have the 360 version of RE5, but I took it back because the special edition RE5 Xbox 360 I pre-ordered pretty much went tango uniform right out of the box. I didn't even have the console two hours, and I had to take it right back because it failed to work. So, I've pretty much kept RE series a PS exclusive.

Tom Clancy games (Ghost Recon, HAWX, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six) I pretty much play exclusively on 360, even though I used to have one of the Splinter Cell games on PS2 years ago.

Sorry for the laundry list there.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

PC.

Poor Xbone.

Voted for PC because of many advantages stated before (not just for gaming, free online multiplayer...).

Tomb Raider has always been a PlayStation game to me and that's how it will continue for me.
    signature image

PC. 'Nuff said.

im surprised so few have said the xbox, thats what im going with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12