Thread: We PLAYED Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut at E3 – Ask us anything!

We PLAYED Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut at E3 – Ask us anything!

Originally Posted by lolwot
    Was there any indication that there might be tweaks to certain RPG aspects of the game? I.E. Fewer Praxis kits or higher cost for augmentations?
    If the missing link still resets you to 0 and gives the same number of upgrades it did before then that's a pretty big tweak to the RPG aspects. There will be more praxis kits/points but you won't be able to max out everything by the end of the game like you could before. Looking back through the previous posts I don't think there was ever a definitive answer on how the missing link's 'factory reset' would integrate into the game proper but if it's just a straight reset and you start over from that point final progression will be significantly curtailed.

Will there be cheats available for the DC (maybe even the dev console)? Also, do you think that Eidos would be willing to open up the game to modders and such, cos the assets of the game would make for some amazing user-created levels.

Thanks for making this thread.

If it turns out that the DE:HR DC ends up being a separate product I do very much hope that it will have its own separate achievement/trophy lists.

I just have a hard time seeing that they can simply "patch" the DC into the main game.

Thanks.

Here's a thought, on the subject of useless augments, has anything been done to make the ability to stun enemies while falling even remotely necessary? I've played through HR at least a dozen times and not once have I found a situation where this ability would be in any way useful or convenient.

The Icarus feature itself is useful (save for that bloody cutscene every time), but there are no situations where you're dropping down into a crowd of enemies, which makes the stun feature of that ability utterly pointless.

The most important answers have not been given yet. When? How? How much?
    Carpe diem!

Originally Posted by Darthassin
    The most important answers have not been given yet. When? How? How much?
    The reason those answers haven't been given yet is because they haven't been decided on yet. EM/SE will no doubt announce something soon, so hold on to your hat.

So this is when the soon-to-be infamous JF's please be patient quote comes into play.. too bad they didn't overhaul the ending as well..

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    -It certainly includes The Missing Link, which is now worked into the main game rather than only being playable as an "aside". We didn't ask about the smaller DLCs - Tong's Rescue, Explose Mission / Tactical Enhancement, etc - but given that this is the "ultimate" version of DXHR, I would strongly expect they'll be in there.
    I can chime in here and confirm, that yes, these are in there - all of the DXHR content ever made is in there - bonus missions, weapons etc in addition to the Missing Link DLC. This is the ULTIMATE version of DXHR

Originally Posted by Jerion
    Happy to do it!

I'm honestly not sure about that. We didn't get a look into that portion of the game and the interview was mostly focused on The Fall, so I can't give you an answer. I'll double check with Adam though, I'm sure we can get a clear answer to this.
    The Missing Link is integrated directly into the main story arch of Human Revolution. You'll remember that Adam's locked augmentations were explained in the story, so the actual integration of TML is seamless in the complete story arch as you would expect.

It never explained how he got them BACK, however.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by b1skit
    I can chime in here and confirm, that yes, these are in there - all of the DXHR content ever made is in there - bonus missions, weapons etc in addition to the Missing Link DLC. This is the ULTIMATE version of DXHR
    So now, when I start the game my inventory will be completely full. Great...

Originally Posted by Shralla
    It never explained how he got them BACK, however.
    Good question Shralla - I actually had to consult Émile Pedneault (DXHR Director's Cut Designer) for this one!

You actually continue on through the remainder of the DXHR story arch with the same specs that you finish The Missing Link with - the story continues on as you would expect. Your augmentations only actually get reset once (at the start of The Missing Link).

Coincidentally, at the end of The Missing Link Quinn supplies Adam with equipment and supplies which ensures that he has the same number of possible augmentations/praxis points as you would have on a default, vanilla DXHR play through. This ensures both story continuity and game balance.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    So now, when I start the game my inventory will be completely full. Great...
    Life is indeed cruel, sir.

Life is indeed cruel, sir.
    Just seems kinda pointless and unbalanced. True, I can drop everything straight away but the devs putting them in gives the implication that the game is designed with these items in mind. A menu option to turn it off would be better.

Edit:

Coincidentally, at the end of The Missing Link Quinn supplies Adam with equipment and supplies which ensures that he has the same number of possible augmentations/praxis points as you would have on a default, vanilla DXHR play through. This ensures both story continuity and game balance.
    To be clear, is that a set value for everyone or does it match what you specifically had before you started TML?

Also, you know there's a multi-quote button, right?

Good question Shralla - I actually had to consult Émile Pedneault (DXHR Director's Cut Designer) for this one!

You actually continue on through the remainder of the DXHR story arch with the same specs that you finish The Missing Link with - the story continues on as you would expect. Your augmentations only actually get reset once (at the start of The Missing Link).

Ok so say I've been stupid and payed no heed to all those little extra praxis you earn from NL Takedowns and Hacking. And by the end of TML section, I end up like the guy who redid same areas over and over and left no hackable system untouched to make sure he had every possible Praxis at all times?

Basically this means whatever I do with praxis up until Hengsha has no effect on my final character in the end?

I'm kinda disappointed here. Although it is a good thing that a single character build screwup is pardoned, I wish we had a more strict "choices and concequences" system here.

Here's my suggestion (SPOILERS)-

Or even better... if the devs balanced the XP distribution through the entire game evenly so that what we get at TML blends in with the rest of the game perfectly.
    Points at JC/Helios Denton having a vision to post-humanize the race: His vision is augmented!

Originally Posted by Doozerpindan
    The Icarus feature itself is useful (save for that bloody cutscene every time), but there are no situations where you're dropping down into a crowd of enemies, which makes the stun feature of that ability utterly pointless.
    One cool place is at Panchea when Adam does one of his longest fall of the game when you can jump into the, what the heck you call that tunnel thing and drops into those zombies dude down below and can use the stun.

I thought I had read somewhere that it was A) optional to play TML with a reset and B) you get back everything you might have lost when you start the TML content. If B is true that seems like it would unbalanced the last few chapters of the game. I actually really liked the fact that if you worked really really hard you could just barely earn every augmentation in the vanilla game. If you end up with all your XP from when you start TML plus all the XP you earn during TML, by the time you finish TML you'd have way more than enough XPs for every augmentation which would make earning more XPs pointless in the last couple of chapters.
    Sign the petition to release the Thief I and II engine source code: http://www.petitiononline.com/ThiefSrc

A question I don't think I saw asked: since they're pulling in enhancements from TML into the regular game, there was one very minor tweak in TML that I hated. The NPCs in TML seemed to have a very slight glow about them. It wasn't that glaring annoying interaction highlighting that you can turn off (which I've never even tried turning on); this was more subtle. Can you guys tell me if you noticed any extra glow around the NPCs than there was before? I saw this an the PC versions; I don't know if the other versions were different.
    Sign the petition to release the Thief I and II engine source code: http://www.petitiononline.com/ThiefSrc

I'm curious about things like "Map Editing" and such, what exactly does that mean, and what is this neural hub thing?

Hmm... I'm okay with this.

Might provide a nice moment to rethink your build and maybe spec out differently for the remainder.
    signature image

I'm curious about things like "Map Editing" and such, what exactly does that mean, and what is this neural hub thing?
    *bump*

C'mon, guys, I wanna know this stuff! >_<

*bump*

C'mon, guys, I wanna know this stuff! >_<
    The Director's Cut on the Wii U uses the gamepad for a whole new aug called the "Neural Hub" and a feature called "Map Editing". I'm not exactly sure how these are used or how (if at all) they will be introduced to the PC version of the game.

Apparently it takes advantage of Wii U's second screen. Obviously that can't be emulated so well on a PC. I'm curious to find out how they will implement a feature like that on other platforms.

Maybe a mod can tell you more.
    Points at JC/Helios Denton having a vision to post-humanize the race: His vision is augmented!

Well, I was hoping a mod would answer

And I did wonder if it was meant to be for the WiiU only, which kinda sucks cos it looks really interesting, and I would say if anything needed update it would be the maps for the game cos they are really unhelpful.

I'm afraid I didn't use either the Neural Hub or Map Editing features during my playtime with DXHR: DC. Regarding how it works on other formats though, we know that the PS3 version will use Vita and the 360 version will use SmartGlass, so it's safe to assume the PC version will have some form of tablet connectivity for those who want it, and that this connectivity will mirror the WiiU's gamepad features.

Hmmm... I have a Kindle Fire HD Tablet if that helps...
    I want to see a fight between Alex Mercer and Adam Jensen, just because it would be awesome.

Page 5 of 11 First First 123456789 ... Last