Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One & PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I wonder... am I the only one who reads "Xbone" as EX-BOWN instead of EX-BEE-WAN?
    LOL! Console of the Jedi Exbi Wan Kenobi!
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

I wonder... am I the only one who reads "Xbone" as EX-BOWN instead of EX-BEE-WAN?
    I always read it as X-bown too.
    signature image

No, I read it like you too. XD
    X.BONE.

Phew, glad it's not just me then

Throw me a freaking Xbone here!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Phew, glad it's not just me then

Throw me a freaking Xbone here!

BRILLIANT!!
    signature image

just wondering if he would enjoy the new xbox were M$ tries to gain full control over their customers.
    signature image

Big Grin

^ What would Dr Evil do with the Xbox One?

Hmm, my vote goes to him throwing the infernal machine into a pool of deadly sharks.

Sharks with freaking lasers attached to their freaking heads.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^ What would Dr Evil do with the Xbox One?

Hmm, my vote goes to him throwing the infernal machine into a pool of deadly sharks.

Sharks with freaking lasers attached to their freaking heads.
    Then he'd take Major Nelson hostage and hold him for a ransom of $100 billion dollars.

M$ reply:
    Keep him. He's served his purpose for the Xbox 360. We can always get a new apologist for the Xbox One!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Then he'd take Major Nelson hostage and hold him for a ransom of $100 billion dollars.
    Nice

let the sharks blast the xbone in to pieces with their freaking lasers.

M$ really shot them self in the foot. they may have gained some customers after they have changed their original policy but the damage is done.
    the only people who would still buy the console blindly would be parents who have no idea about these things or people who just dont care.

just watched this.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...box-One-Lineup

looks to me they really try every possible way to win customers.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    let the sharks blast the xbone in to pieces with their freaking lasers.

M$ really shot them self in the foot. they may have gained some customers after they have changed their original policy but the damage is done.
    the only people who would still buy the console blindly would be parents who have no idea about these things or people who just dont care.

just watched this.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...box-One-Lineup

looks to me they really try every possible way to win customers.
    Uhm, how is that supposed to win customers over, exactly?

PS 4 release date:

November 15th in North America

November 29th in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    or people who just dont care.
    *raises hand*

Microsoft might be doing a horrid job at marketing and business tactics this time around, but that doesn't alter or lessen the overall quality of their product. I'll still be getting the Xbox One in due time and as long as I am able to purchase a year subscription for Xbox Live (like I do now instead of paying monthly) and play games alone and with my friends without complications (aside from Internet connections) then I am golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    PS 4 release date:

November 15th in North America

November 29th in Europe
    Have you any proof of this?
    I've had a few days off from GameStop and I haven't been following updates, so I hadn't heard this yet. Link please.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    *raises hand*

Microsoft might be doing a horrid job at marketing and business tactics this time around, but that doesn't alter or lessen the overall quality of their product. I'll still be getting the Xbox One in due time and as long as I am able to purchase a year subscription for Xbox Live (like I do now instead of paying monthly) and play games alone and with my friends without complications (aside from Internet connections) then I am golden.

Have you any proof of this?
    I've had a few days off from GameStop and I haven't been following updates, so I hadn't heard this yet. Link please
    I watched the Sony Gamescom conference where they announced it.

Dayum. This year is the most exciting for music and now gaming. Ugh. So good. Bring it Ps4 & Xbox. Can't wait for the launch day war and the sales receipts.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Dayum. This year is the most exciting for music and now gaming. Ugh. So good. Bring it Ps4 & Xbox. Can't wait for the launch day war and the sales receipts.
    I take it you play on PC?

Good luck to early adopters of Xbone when M$ reinstates the policies they "reversed" to lure back unsuspecting customers.

The Bait N Switch Shop is now open for business.

Anybody wanna take a poll or guess on what the manufacturer failure rate will be for Xbone?
    Xbox 360 had a 47 percent at its lowest.

Microsoft has already started securing exclusive content for users of the Xbox One. Hopefully Sony will do the same for their customers.

http://www.gamechup.com/xbox-one-mic...usive-content/

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Microsoft has already started securing exclusive content for users of the Xbox One. Hopefully Sony will do the same for their customers.

http://www.gamechup.com/xbox-one-mic...usive-content/
    Both Watch Dogs and AC IV Black Flag will have exclusive content on the PS 3 and PS 4. AC IV players will get to play as Aveline(main protag from AC III Liberation).

Then there you go.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    Good luck to early adopters of Xbone when M$ reinstates the policies they "reversed" to lure back unsuspecting customers.

The Bait N Switch Shop is now open for business.

Anybody wanna take a poll or guess on what the manufacturer failure rate will be for Xbone?
    Xbox 360 had a 47 percent at its lowest.
    Rather, let's bet how many times the PSN will get hacked.

Seriously, fanboys are so annoying...

I'm getting the Xbox One because it has the better launch lineup and the 360 served me well. But i'm sure as soon as Naughty Dog shows something i'll get itchy for a PS4. They are really the only reason to get one as far as i'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar78 View Post
    Rather, let's bet how many times the PSN will get hacked.

Seriously, fanboys are so annoying...

I'm getting the Xbox One because it has the better launch lineup and the 360 served me well. But i'm sure as soon as Naughty Dog shows something i'll get itchy for a PS4. They are really the only reason to get one as far as i'm concerned.
    Pot, I don't believe I've introduced you properly to Kettle. Hi, BLACK.

Now, the first thing you need to understand is that I'm not a PlayStation fanboy. In fact, I am not a fan of anything. I do not blindly devote myself to followings that bring me no benefit. All 360 and PS3 do are entertain me. Beyond that, I've no reason to blindly love one or the other. Since you decided to launch a personal attack on me, I'll be the bigger person, and take the high road, and avoid similar consdescension toward you. Because I can be that person, but I'm better than that. (By the way, it is common knowledge that only fanboys resort to personal attacks when they feel their favorite thing has been threatened or maligned in some way. If it sounds like anyone you know, well, try not to take it too personally...that's another sign of "fanboy-ism"...taking things like my little quip about Xbox One so personally that you felt the need to personally attack me by calling me "fanboy" and saying I'm annoying. Just a little FYI there, to try and help you cope with your emotionally handicapped defensive reaction better. )

Now that that preamble is out of the way....

I own both a PS3 and a 360. I have owned (and do own) multiple units of each console.

If I had thought that the only thing worth having on Xbox was anything that Bungie put out, I would be depriving myself of other games that would've brought me great enjoyment, and have never gotten an Xbox (or its follow up systems).

If I were a PlayStation "fanboy", I would ONLY own a PlayStation 3. If I were a PlayStation fanboy, I would never have even given the original Xbox or Xbox 360 a second consideration (let alone a first consideration), and solely stayed with PS2 and PS3. If I were a PlayStation fanboy, I would never have continued buying 360's, even though I've had four brand new 360's go tits up on me shortly after buying them. (One of them failed to work on the first night I had it, and it was the Resident Evil 5 Special Edition Pro Model. After that little episode, I was ready to end my love affair right there with Micro$oft, but, I got to keep the hard drive, so I simply bought an Arcade unit.) If I were a PlayStation fanboy, I would never have acknowledged that the Arcade model of the 360 seemed to have better architecture than the PRO models, and completely given up on 360 altogether. (It is ONLY because of the arcade models that I continued to support the 360.)

But, Micro$oft's piss poor handling of how they're trying to bring the Xbox One across has completely turned me away from even remotely considering getting it. Looks like I'm gonna have to miss out on a series I enjoyed....HALO...being continued.

Believe me, I was really looking forward to both consoles in the next generation. I wanted a PS4 and and Xbox One. But when M$ started pulling its B$ with DRM, Kinect, Required Internet Connection every day, inability to share games, inability to buy or sell used titles, well, that pretty much drove me away. And then, when they started backpedaling, and claiming that they did it for the gamers, because they listened to the gamers, that was the final clincher. Rather I should say, their first intentions broke the deal. Their backpedaling was the final nail in the coffin. My disinclination to buy an Xbox One is not out of a desire to simply and blindly hate or hate on Xbox One. M$ dropped the ball...plain and simple. My cynicism toward the Xbox One is well founded, and you'll find plenty of other Xbox users in the same boat.

If I were a PlayStation fanboy, I would be playing Saints Row IV on my Sony PlayStation 3, and not my Xbox 360. In fact, I'm playing it right now...well...taking time out to answer your misguided assumption (and subsequent personal attack toward me) about my "loyalties".

My roommate, who owns only an Xbox 360, (and also has one of my old original Xboxes so he can play older titles) and loves playing games on it, has also been following M$'s debacle, and he is completely ready to get a PS4, and give the big middle finger to M$.

But, let's look at some other big pictures here:
    Sony at least, continues to support older systems well after their new consoles are released, because they know that not everyone can afford the latest (and supposedly greatest) things right now. Let's see, PS1 consoles continued to sell well after PS2's were released, because not everyone could afford to get PS2's at launch, and shortly thereafter. It's the same with PS2 and PS3. PS2's continued to sell for the same reason.

Micro$oft, on the other hand, practically drops anyone who doesn't have a ticket for the next destination off on the side of the tracks. Very shortly after 360 hit shelves, original Xboxes were practically found only as used models in game stores and pawn shops...and those disappeared quickly, probably bought by those who could not afford the latest and greatest thing at the time from Micro$oft. And shortly after that, backward compatibility support for older Xbox titles just dropped away.

Sony did the same thing with backwards compatibility, but at least they still had PS2 consoles readily available for those who could not afford PS3's, even a few years into its lifespan.

Now, to both companies' credit, they started releasing older titles on their respective online networks, playable via emulation.

But before that, Sony at least had a full on PS2 chip in their 60GB PS3's so that one could play PS2 and PS1 titles on the same system. They removed backwards compatibility in later models to reduce production costs, even if it didn't exactly reduce end cost to the consumer. (Shame on you, $ony.)

360 was emulation, and then at that, there had to be code written to ensure that your older Xbox titles could work on the 360 unit. If you had a favorite title from Xbox, and it didn't have code written up to allow it to play on your 360, well, better hope you still had your old Xbox lying 'round somewhere. And if you didn't, well, your next best hope was looking in game stores (for a short while anyway), and then in pawn shops (more likely chance of finding an old Xbox model). Otherwise, well, you had some games that were just lying around collecting dust, and probably not worth very much...and even less so now.

Speaking personally, I've owned three PlayStation 3's (two of which are still functional. The non-functional one is one of the fully backward compatible 60GB original units). I've owned six Xbox 360's. The first 360, thankfully, I got my money's worth out of. Granted, it died well before my 60GB first model PS3, but still, it gave me good entertainment in game play for a few years. The four 360's I bought afterward, every single one of them went tango uniform shortly after purchase (as in, matter of days). I've already cited my story about the Special Edition RE5 PRO console. My current 360 at least still runs. But I also have two fully functional PS3's. One in my room, and one in the living room for my roomie to enjoy when he wants to play The Last of Us (and any other titles I have).

To be quite honest, I would like to apologize to Valenka, and others who may be early adopters of the Xbox One. My remarks may have sounded a bit snide, and I don't think they were called for. I sincerely hope I am wrong about my less than optimistic view of the Xbox One's future, for their benefit. Perhaps, if M$ truly does not backpedal yet again, and reinstate the very things they backpedaled on in the first place, I myself might actually get an Xbox One....but it will be a long time in coming before consideration even crosses my mind. I don't apologize because someone called me "fanboy". The internet works both ways. I just strive to be the better man behind the anonymity of a keyboard and screen. I apologize because I do have a conscience.

Ahhh, the good old "You're dissing my preferred platform?? FANBOY!" hypocrisy...

---

Ease your jets, LM. You're getting quite personal, yourself

I assure you, my jets are well at ease, and quite cooled. Were they not, I guarantee I probably would've had a far less amicable reply posted.

This is the advantage of maturity.

Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast