Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1502

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Revived vampires are what you're thinking of here.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

And what they were/are is a vampire whose soul has adapted to feed on souls in Spectral. It's the same being that was the vampire (clarifying in general here), not some other denizen of the Spectral Realm. In addition to these long-dead guys being able to reoccupy their own bodies, however, what Vampmaster said about simply reviving a teammate should also hold true, if this is Kain's empire, at least (it's unsure if the vampires before his necro vamps his worked this way).

If you remove the impaling weapon from a vampire you just impaled in SR1 (providing you hadn't fed on their soul), they would also revive. And there are also a few vampires who are impaled, but who have not been dead long, it seems, where this works. The Turelim in a couple spots later on are prime examples and I think a Dumahim, Rahabim, and Zephonim here and there also exist. If you want the weapon and remove it to take care of others down the line, well, you'll first have to deal with a fully revived regular Turelim (or whichever) vampire.

The point of this all is that if this were to be Kain's vampires, and perhaps vampires in general, even if they just fell in battle by being impaled through their hearts, removing the instrument would revive them fully, as Vampmaster suggested.

That's pretty much what was getting at. I was thinking about how someone mentioned about the specific requirements for a kill earlier on and I just thought the reviving and the eater-of-souls abilities might be interesting mechanics for Nosgoth.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

On reading vampmasters posts it gave me a thought wouldn't it be cool if spectral existing in Nosgoth. As in like with raz if you get killed in game you revert to spectral and then have to do something and then can return to the physical world and continue gaming. Rather than the normal oh I've just died/respawned as you would do in most type of games.
    ... On second thoughts maybe that's what you meant heh

Well, as only a vampire, you shouldn't be able to do anything to return to the physical world. All you would be is a regular soul trapped within it. The point was once you're down in the physical world by being impaled, a fellow vampire would have to pull out the weapon in order to revive you.

On the eater of souls thing: those vampires took centuries to evolve into that. It shouldn't happen within Nosgoth by being impaled, then revived.

Yeah maybe I was just think too far out the box on this one still would be more interesting to have something than just respawning...
    What would be cool if as a vampire you could make other players vampires so if they die they come back, to increase your team if team related...suppose this would only work with classic vampires though.
    I wouldn't want to be pulling spikes out of enemies... If it's a team A vs team B game that'd be cool as you could revive your co-players, though the sitting waiting to be revived maybe a bit boring.

Indeed. Sitting like a Dumahim stuck pig probably isn't so fun

I actually think the necro version might be even cooler of your idea. Kill your human adversaries first, then use the Kain vampires' method to breath a portion of you soul into their bodies and have their souls rise up with the curse and they as your vampire offspring. That, or the traditional blood gift would also be interesting.

It would be kind of like Resident Evil Outbreak (even though I hated the game), or similar titles, but zombies could infect the living and so you first start out trying to protect you and your team from them, but you might wind up on the other side, heh. Or, start out as a Zombie and with your zombie buddies try to not all die while increasing your numbers.

But, anyway. George will probably reply to us that we're all off base and none of this is in the game

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    But, anyway. George will probably reply to us that we're all off base and none of this is in the game
    I love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    It would be cool if you had to revive your team mates by removing the weapon they were impaled with, returning decapitated heads or somehow getting them away from sunlight/water assuming you could avoid the same fate.

Also if any of these happened to you, maybe there'd be a chance of coming back with the eater of souls ability like how some vampires in SR1 had a blue glow and could drain your health. It would have to be a temporary thing or expend energy somehow to keep you from getting an unfair advantage.
    Nice, mirror gun! Find a sunlight crack and point it out for mass vampire hysteria!
    Doesn't have to be a gun, really. A stick with a mirror is enough pointy, pointy - _ - photosynthesis time

DEVS, implement > _ > "Mirror, mirror on the wall"

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    On reading vampmasters posts it gave me a thought wouldn't it be cool if spectral existing in Nosgoth. As in like with raz if you get killed in game you revert to spectral and then have to do something and then can return to the physical world and continue gaming. Rather than the normal oh I've just died/respawned as you would do in most type of games.
    ... On second thoughts maybe that's what you meant heh
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be cool if you 'shifted' in a sense to a spectral realm version of the area you're in upon death. Though I imagine that may be hard to implement in an online multiplayer game, but it would be awesome if it was ever pulled off. It would almost be a different level under/alongside the living one.

Though maybe it would be better implemented as a separate map where both sides have spectral abilities.

then use the Kain vampires' method to breath a portion of you soul into their bodies and have their souls rise up with the curse and they as your vampire offspring
    I was thinking just the same thing when I saw lucinvampire's post. If the spectral realm were to exist alongside the living one in Nosgoth it would make for an interesting 'second tier' battle space where vampires had the opportunity of swelling their ranks with human souls.

But like you say it's probably out of the question (but nonetheless a good idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    DEVS, implement > _ > "Mirror, mirror on the wall"
    This makes me think. If the game is drawing on SR1 will there be areas where there are dangers like concentrated sunlight, pools of water, fires or things to be impaled upon? Some of it would be balanced totally against the vampires, but fire and sharp pointy things still hurt even if you're not a vampire (and I suppose humans could drown in water lol).

On different note. I was playing SR1 recently and playing around collecting the different optional powers (I think the game could have given you more impetus to both collect and use them more imo). Would anyone else like to see spells like the fire, force and rain etc? That would make for interesting combat imo. It can't all be melee, can it?
    signature image

It can blind them, haaaaaa!

However, rain?

The water spell made it rain in SR1 I think.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Dormarth View Post
    Though I imagine that may be hard to implement in an online multiplayer game, but it would be awesome if it was ever pulled off.
    I wasn't really thinking of actually going into spectral, just the mechanic for reviving enemies and having the drain ability afterwards. I figured characters could already a few hundred years old at the start of the match depending on how much you'd leveled up.

On the other hand, a cheap spectral realm would only need a shader swap and distance blur if players aren't going to be there for very long.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    I love you guys.
    Heh, we are a lovable bunch of coconuts, aren't we?

If there's a Lightning spell, and yeah, the glyphs of water, sunlight, stone, etc., a little rain magic seems fair game to me.

Rain would be a killer. Which is sort of silly, because water is very common and everyone eventually runs into water, yet these old vampires have managed to not ever get wet in centuries. So every time it rained, vampire mortality rates would skyrocket. Especially if it was one of those surprise summer rains that caught 30% of the vampires off guard and melted them. You'd never want to travel without having your map of where all the local cave entrances were so you could dart into one of them if the sky got cloudy. The governor of each vampire province would always be reminding you of where the nearest overhead roof was, just in case, and lots of signs would point the way. Want to have the best chance against vampires? Live in the rain forest, or Seattle. A kid with water balloons would be a threat to national security in vampland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormarth View Post
    The water spell made it rain in SR1 I think.
    Wasn't really a rain. Looked more like a wave to me. And was used with eldritch energy (mana).

Water pits, on the other way around...

Went and watched it again. Guess I was mis-remembering how much water droplets there were from Raz. It's just a bit from his fists. I, for some reason, thought he at least made it rain on himself before spreading the energy wave out.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    Rain would be a killer. Which is sort of silly, because water is very common and everyone eventually runs into water, yet these old vampires have managed to not ever get wet in centuries. So every time it rained, vampire mortality rates would skyrocket.
    Not really fatal. Immersion in water would be, but rain just scalds. They heal pretty fast we have to remember, however. It would be much worse for fledglings, probably burning off layers of skin, but for older vamps not so much. A concentrated water balloon would be probably like tossing acid bombs in their faces. Still not fatal, but momentarily debilitating from the pain, melting of eyes, etc. Their healing factor would be their saving grace.

Not really fatal. Immersion in water would be, but rain just scalds.
    Supersoakers would be quite effective at keeping the vampires at bay or being able to flee if you were under attack heh.
    Always found it amusing to stand Kain in BO2 in a puddle and watch him keel over…ok maybe that was a bit mean…but it shouldn’t have worked because he had big boots on!

If there's a Lightning spell, and yeah, the glyphs of water, sunlight, stone, etc., a little rain magic seems fair game to me.
    Yeah if they bring back some of the old school spells from the games that would be brilliant, I’d love to see some of the old BO ones in modern graphics…can you imagine flaying your opponent…sweeeeet!

Unless they managed to find that blood fountain.

"The rain will do you no harm. For our blood preserves".

I'm not sure how the dark gifts are passed on or the state of change works in this regard, but perhaps the older the vampires get, the more of their makers traits they inherit. Or maybe vampires can share abilities be sampling each others blood.

That would be one way Kain could enforce his "I evolve first" rule if the lieutenants had to wait until he he let them taste his blood before getting the latest software update. Raziel could have broken the rule by discovering an alternate source of such as a blood fountain or a powerful enemy.

We'd probably never find out, but I always wondered what would happen if Kain drank the blood in the SR2 fire force. If it was ancient vampire blood like the fountains, I bet he could get a nifty power-up.

EDIT: Sorry, lucinvampire. I started typing before your last post.

Unless they managed to find that blood fountain.
    The blood fountains would be an awesome addition to the Nosgoth game, though the thought of them is pretty gross…how long has that blood been sitting there?

I'm not sure how the dark gifts are passed on or the state of change works in this regard, but perhaps the older the vampires get, the more of their makers traits they inherit. Or maybe vampires can share abilities be sampling each others blood.

That would be one way Kain could enforce his "I evolve first" rule if the lieutenants had to wait until he he let them taste his blood before getting the latest software update. Raziel could have broken the rule by discovering an alternate source of such as a blood fountain or a powerful enemy.
    That sounds logical about how gifts could be passed on but I always thought that evolution/gifts would be dormant as in part of the soul that’s inherited (SR type evolution) and they kind of just evolve. Though Kain gets gifts on killing vampires (BO type evolution) and blood fountains so could work with the blood-sharing also. Yeah Raz got Windows 8 before Kain and he was not amused

I always wondered what would happen if Kain drank the blood in the SR2 fire force. If it was ancient vampire blood like the fountains, I bet he could get a nifty power-up.
    Yeah that would have been something sweet for sure…immune to flame…can’t remember if Kain got that in BO1 though.

That sounds logical about how gifts could be passed on but I always thought that evolution/gifts would be dormant as in part of the soul that’s inherited (SR type evolution) and they kind of just evolve. Though Kain gets gifts on killing vampires (BO type evolution) and blood fountains so could work with the blood-sharing also. Yeah Raz got Windows 8 before Kain and he was not amused .
    The reason I described it that way was that I wan thinking that any ability Kain had when he created the lieutenants, they would eventually evolve by themselves, but anything Kain acquired afterwards, he'd have to intentionally pass on to them.

The reason I described it that way was that I wan thinking that any ability Kain had when he created the lieutenants, they would eventually evolve by themselves, but anything Kain acquired afterwards, he'd have to intentionally pass on to them.
    Ah ha I understand where you’re coming from now! It’s a much nicer and friendly option than having to kill someone and take their abilities that way…though that can be fun under the right circumstances…but I like your evolution theory!

Zephon "dad please can I have a new power"
    Kain: "No not until you clean your room"

The blood fountains would be an awesome addition to the Nosgoth game, though the thought of them is pretty gross…how long has that blood been sitting there?
    Hahaha, I bet the blood evolved itself by itself in the meantime as well.

Edit : LoL @ Coconuts and LoL @ "Clean the room, Zephon".

Ouch, 999 post. I dedicate it to all the silly YT comments bashing Nosgoth and praising DS.

Kain: "Honestly, Zephon. There's cobwebs everywhere!"

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast