Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    I'd play my cards on the theory that the upcoming game will be somehow linked to the Kainite Empire (pre SR1 - post BO2)...
    im so hyped for this right now!!!!!
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

OnTopic :

So what we have now is

- Vampire(s) a playable option
    - Unorthodox MOBA (or to that effect, as stated by two members of the forum as well as CM to some degree who denied that it's a typical LoL clone)
    - Will require online connection (seems like a default option these days)
    - Inspired by SR1 era, albeit superficially

[please, someone quote and add more if there is known]

Great possibilities

- Cameo Raziel / Kain (or the rest of clan leaders)
    - Any major plot important LoK character
    - Irmok the mad

[here as well]

----

OffTopic

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    I hope the other option isn't human, they’re boring, I’m one in real life and it sucks, it doesn’t appeal to me to play one in a game, most games revolve around humans so it would be nice for some other oddity options. It’s a shame, Hylden would have been my second choice after Vampire and I was kind of hoping the game was going to be the Ancient vs Hylden war...still hoping maybe clan related awesomeness - that'd be my second choice.
    Ah, didn't you forget that there has to be his Semidivine human-alike humble self with a sword and glasses?! The human melee fighter, the ultimate default fantasy choice that can't go wrong! "At the end of a day inspect the looted trousers to see which one gives more intelligence"

-----

@Hylden Hmmm well I doubt that my work is that special for a topic here, but I guess that a topic for 8bit LoK music may come to existence btw, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Incidentally, and also off topic, those 8bit versions of Between the Zones' Ozar and Ariel's Lament are awesome, Milky You could make a thread with them, if you want (they're not showing up for me with the code in your signature. I had to search for them on YouTube)
    They work just fine for me

Maybe you have some script blocker addon in your browser?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

If it's clan era that will be pretty epic, actually yeah, not as cool as Ancients but still awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    - Vampire(s) a playable option
    - Unorthodox MOBA (or to that effect, as stated by two members of the forum as well as CM to some degree who denied that it's a typical LoL clone)
    - Will require online connection (seems like a default option these days)
    - Inspired by SR1 era, albeit superficially
    -Non-open world (though I don't know if that's covered in the MOBA part).
    -And I believe George mentioned earlier also there was inspiration from BO as well.

Thank you for the upchuck moment and no doubt the nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Tox1cboy View Post
    You've been more than generous with the info, Monkeythumbz, and I know you can't reaveal too much. Can you say if a reveal will be this year?
    Since this hasn't been answered I will bump this in hope it was accidentally missed.

I would also like to use this opportunity to greet all of you considering I'm new to the forum

It came to my notice that on the Wiki page for Nosgoth it's clearly stated that the game's derivation as a original MP component of the canceed game LoK : Dead Sun

I remembered that Cm stated clearly that Nosgoth's original game in it's own right and that isn't even connected to the LoK: DS (even slightly).

This post is important!

All the reference is in this topic and someone who's knacky at Wiki editing should do it properly without giving that much credit to the LoK: DS.

Apologies, it's been a tall order to keep everything up to date, but I'm the de facto "steward" of the Wikipedia pages and am going to work on correcting that one ASAP.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    They work just fine for me

Maybe you have some script blocker addon in your browser?
    Hm, I don't know. The previous video he had using your script worked fine for me, but these still don't show. I don't have a script blocker running, that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    Apologies, it's been a tall order to keep everything up to date, but I'm the de facto "steward" of the Wikipedia pages and am going to work on correcting that one ASAP.
    Thank you! And thanks to the Community manager for clearing that out properly.

It'll really help to lift off the confusion. As usual the media is too fast hence can't get all the facts straight.

Hey guys...

Today was a super sloooow day at work and ended up editing Nosgoth's logo to have it as my mobile background, please feel free to download it if you like it - there are two versions (the one with the logo still doesn't convince me though)...

I added a bloodstain as it looks like the original design apparently has one that can be seen here... (It looks like a bloodstain although the image's quality is not the best).

I think I might make a Facebook header in these following days.

Any thoughts on this are welcome
    signature image

Nice one, Ber!

I don't know if you've seen it, but there's also a great fan reproduction/"retrace" of the Nosgoth logo doing the rounds, created by Nina from The Reaver Blog:

She might have one in even higher res, but I don't know.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

@ Ber – cool that’ll look great on a phone though I’m the same as you and not sure on the text one but its still cool to see.

@ Corlagon – I wasn’t too sold on the logo design but this upgrade to it looks pretty sweet, Nina did a great job.

Ok, two questions for the Community Manager :

- Is the game "Nosgoth" played in 1st person, from 3rd person or bird's eye camera view?

- Is the game "Nosgoth" similar to the MMO called "Newerwinter"?

(Might be too much to ask before the initial release, I know)

It came to my notice that on the Wiki page for Nosgoth
    Sorry, this might be seen as a minor definition quibble to some, but that's the Wikipedia page for Nosgoth(though we do still try to keep an eye on it). I'm aware there is a bit of a lack of understanding about this issue in the general public and that far too often people use "Wiki" as a short-hand for "Wikipedia" without understanding what it actually means, so a little explanation might be beneficial:

Basically, a 'Wiki' is actually the 'anyone can edit' system that Wikipedia (and a great many other websites) run and use to work collaboratively. Wikipedia is simply the most popular site that runs the wiki system - Wikileaks, Wikiquote, Wiktionary, the various thousands of Wikia and other Wiki farms etc and yes even the Legacy of Kain Wiki - all are Wikis. So saying "the wiki page for Nosgoth" is sort of just telling you the general style of the page and not actually clarifying which wiki you're heading to (link notwithstanding). Of course, in certain circles you could sensibly make the assumption of a particular wiki or subject - I forever just note "the wiki" here, mainly because this is a Legacy of Kain forum and it should be obvious I mean the 'Legacy of Kain Wiki' (in which case this is the Wiki page for Nosgoth I would have had in mind) - I always use the full "Wikipedia" title (or wikileaks/wikiquote etc) when talking about Wikipedia etc and the full "Legacy of Kain Wiki" title when not in a LoK forum or chat area - A few extra letters to type each time but so much more extra clarity gained in exchange.

I'm sure people will think that's me being pedantic, but rarely have I've ever seen this oft made mistake actually get corrected....and now we are at a stage where, for example, if you're looking for apps to run general wikis you will find thousands saying they're for "Wiki/Wikis" - only to find that virtually all are actually related to Wikipedia because even the people that designed the apps didn't understand the distinction. ... and just think about how many issues were caused recently by people who thought 'MMO' and 'online multiplayer' were synonymous terms that could save them typing letters (I've actually talked to quite a few fans who said "Nosgoth is MMO" for that very reason)

Pedantry rant complete, please continue
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    I don't know if you've seen it, but there's also a great fan reproduction/"retrace" of the Nosgoth logo doing the rounds, created by Nina from The Reaver Blog:

She might have one in even higher res, but I don't know.
    Hello everybody and Corlagon! OMG I got really really happy to see *that* thing I've retraced here. Thanks for the compliments regarding the logo. I'm Nina, the crazy one behind the brazilian blog dedicated to LoK. I follow the forums for years, had other accounts but I don't participate much, because english isn't my mother language and I don't feel confident in writing a lot, although I read very well.

I retraced the logo just for fun and placed some exaggerated Photoshop effects on that. I deleted the high-res version after posted it into my blog and facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    @ Corlagon – I wasn’t too sold on the logo design but this upgrade to it looks pretty sweet, Nina did a great job.
    Thank you lucinvampire

Guys, I made something that might help you to unveil the logo. I searched for likely fonts but couldn't find any suitable. I believe they had designed their own font (and I hope they make avaible a blogger kit like they did when Defiance was released with pictures, logo, symbols -- I don't remember if the font was avaible too, whatever...).

I don't know if I can post links, this is my first post in many years, so here it is the url for the retraced logo in B&W, and the name without the pillars. Beware, IT'S HUGE.

http://thereaver.files.wordpress.com...othlogo_bw.jpg

http://thereaver.files.wordpress.com...sgoth_name.jpg

Hugs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazielim View Post

Pedantry rant complete, please continue

Sorry to bust your pedantry but

Site = Wikipedia

Page = Wiki

Thus
    wiki/
    in it.

Regards.

A Direct Sequel!!!

Hello guys,
    I found some interesting information about a direct sequel to Legacy Of Kain: Defiance that is currently in development!!
    Here to check:
    http://agametocome.hubpages.com/hub/...continued-soon

Hmmm, an unofficial game means another fan-game. I will try it for sure. But I've studied game-design; a game takes a lot of time to be done. Let's wait. Everything is welcome ^^ Thank you for the news, Tarta

Sorry to bust your pedantry but

Site = Wikipedia

Page = Wiki

Thus in it.

Regards.
    Sorry? you've absolutely lost me there. Both Wikipedia and any wiki you choose are (web)sites (in the wiki style) each with many individual (web)pages (in our case we're under a larger 'Wiki farm' site, that wants to call itself a 'network' named Wikia) - but this still doesn't equate the term "Wiki" with the website "Wikipedia" (which was the original point), or for that matter equate 'site' with 'Wikipedia', 'page' with 'Wiki' or mean that wikis that aren't Wikipedia consist of a single page - sorry, I really can't understand what you're getting at there.

Edit: Site=wikipedia,(/) 'type'=wiki,(/) page=Nosgoth
    Anyway, Back on topic, "unofficial direct sequel" would hint fan game to me too.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

That page looks to have been taken down, so it most likely wasn't anything real.

@Bazielim

Well, I do appreciate the effort of writing all of it, however it really is finding the hair in the egg from my point of view.
    The term "Wiki" is commonly used to refer to Wikipedia since it's the root of the word "Wikipedia". In fact, the first word used to define what's today known as "Wikipedia" was "Wiki Wiki".

"A Wiki page" is exactly that, no matter how you look at it.

Code:
    wiki/"blahblah"
    What you're referring to is Wiki software which is another thing completely and for the sake of communication people will add "software" at the end of the "Wiki".

And for the end

Wikipedia, a wiki encyclopedia sometimes referred to as "wiki"

-----

Above all else, why do you even think that I made a mistake? The site that I posted is exactly what I wanted to post. Besides, both LoK site and Nosgoth site on the Wikipedia, Wikia etc are commonly referred to as "Wiki". And even so above everything else, a misinformation is a misinformation and it needs to be fixed.

There is 0% chance they would abort Dead Sun and then have two LoK games next year

Speaking of wikis and Wikipedias, somebody plastered the following onto the LoK Wikipedia page the other night:

Quote Originally Posted by 41.99.126.67
    There is also some unofficial projects [sic] concerning a "direct sequel" to ''Legacy Of Kain: Defiance'', but they still just [sic] information as found here on this site agametocome.hubpages.com/hub/Legacy-of-Kain-to-be-continued-soon.
    So it's surely fake.

@ Mr Milky
    Sorry Milky, it was my fear that you might have taken offence to the pedantry and slightly missed my point, my apologies if this is the case. Needless to say, I appreciate you you were linking exactly what you wanted to. My goal was not to belittle you in any way (and was not particularly even aimed at you, but was a more broad explanation) it was merely to point out the widely used and often unchallenged misconception that "wiki" means "wikipedia" - I appreciate your point it is a wiki, but its not the only wiki as the mistaken impression is often given by not mentioning it.

I have to say though - "Misinformation"?! I am a stickler for terms and have looked into this at length, or I wouldn't have said anything about it - you may see it as splitting hairs, but I have to know the terminology I have to use It might be tedious, off topic and inappropriate if I quote at length here about it (especially since most of the relevant explanation was actually covered in the links I posted above). A Wiki site runs wiki software by definition yes (again not quite sure I'm understanding where you're going there - you brought the "/wiki" up, saying that indicated a page) Wiki indeed comes from the WikiWiki bus, but Wikis pre-date Wikipedia (the first being wikiwikiweb 6 years before wikipedia)- that's why it was called Wikipedia (Wiki Encyclopedia) - wikis weren't named after it, it was named after them because it was using the wiki system. "Wiki" has become shorthand for for Wikipedia in the general lexicon precisely because it is the only wiki most people have knowledge of and so the mis-step hasn't been challenged.... and yes it has become widespread enough that a disambiguation has been added on Wikipedia, but that's precisely why those disambiguation pages exist - to redirect people from generally known titles to the proper title of what they're looking for, ie: "Wikipedia" (the key is "sometimes referred to as", as in in general use; when something is in general use it gets disambiguated on wikipedia -you'll find "wiki" redirects to the site type because that's the 'proper' definition). And for the end "Wiki: A collaborative website which can be directly edited merely using a web browser, often by anyone with access to it." sorry couldn't resist.

Anyway sorry Milky, once again, I wasn't attempting to put you down in any way, just explain the misconceptions surrounding the terms, so people have a better handle on the concept (as I'm aware it can be a bit confusing)

We will look into dealing with the Wikipedia pages...Now let's see if we can stop boring these people and get back to talking about Vampires.

Thank you for the apology, but it's not necessary. Unfortunately I found you as someone who's missing my point, by a lot, and I do have to state that I do get what you're writing here, however I find no relevance in your writings to what I wrote, thus I see no point in you quoting me for that matter trying to define what Wiki is.

And I'm sure that you produced more confusion rather then clarity.

As i state if you want to generally talk about Wiki, please, do so. You did confuse me with quoting me and as such I'll automatically take defensive positions.

Best regards.

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast