Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

mortal kombat vs legacy of kain woud be sweet, street fighter not so much
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Guys, c'mon, please... you're really putting me in a difficult situation now, especially as your definition of "mass multiplayer" and "RPG elements" might be different to my own.
    Sorry for that... and sorry for asking so many questions too... I reckon this is happening because we have been waiting for 10 years in this dark corner... and It's even harder if not much can be revealed at the moment...

(click image to enlarge)

I can't resist anymore!!!

signature image

@TheSquid We have Starbucks in here in the UK now as well.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    We have Starbucks in the UK as well.
    Yeah, but then you've also got other stuff on top of that. The kind of sites that feel realer and lend identity to the landscape. (Maybe it's the kind of thing you'd only notice after it was absent. It's like our towns have been SR1 soul-sucked by consumerism and we're culturally sickly, whereas you've got consumerism too but your land has historical soul alongside it?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    Yeah, but then you've also got other stuff on top of that. The kind of sites that feel realer and lend identity to the landscape. (Maybe it's the kind of thing you'd only notice after it was absent. It's like our towns have been SR1 soul-sucked by consumerism and we're culturally sickly, whereas you've got consumerism too but your land has historical soul alongside it?)
    Maybe it's because I live in a fairly modern area and aren't normally interested in that type of thing. There's probably exceptions, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

you've got consumerism too but your land has historical soul alongside it?)
    There was a castle in my home city that was besieged by William Wallace and Robert the Bruce, who were kicking out the invading English. Nowadays the site has a KFC on it

lol, this is what "Freedom!" looks like, William. Aren't you glad you suffered on that slab?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Have I told you much I love you guys? 'Cos I do. I really, really love you guys.
    and We love you too George for all the info you've graciously given us now when you didn't have to!
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Yeah, but then you've also got other stuff on top of that.
    Yeah, like Costa Coffee.

You sound like you're from London ^_^

I also like Costa Coffe places

Now I'm wishing there was a fan made Kain Kart/Nosgoth Kart/LoK Kart out there! Someone should get on that ASAP! XD

I don't know whether to cry because I'm happy or utterly disappointed. Just saw this news today at the Bethsoft/Elder Scrolls forums (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/146...-of-kain-game/).
    I was once a vampire prophet like you... then I took an arrow to the knee.

So it´s not an mmo, mmorpg, nor strategy or moba... There are not too many options left. Somebody mentioned co-op here, maybe?

Hasn't been confirmed that it's not a MOBA yet.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Maybe Pokemon Stadium with LoK skins?

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    Hasn't been confirmed that it's not a MOBA yet.
    I have to agree, Georges post earlier was a bit cryptic about MOBA he approached more the game play of the games mentioned rather than the genre, maybe just reading into it too much though.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...&postcount=526

I'm pretty sure that there's MOBA scratched as a possibility. So it is confirmed, basically, that Nosgoth's not a MOBA. If it doesn't play or execute anything alike, it isn't.

So it's not a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. Which is coming to my mind as the 2nd best guess. 1st one being a mmorpg, however it looks like it's neither.

Quite possibly the game does have the RPG elements attached to it such as leveling system of some sort. It's the only logical thing to do for an MMO game. Or, rather, a MO game as stated before. It still lacks that "mass".

Aw, man. Tiresome

Mr Milky, MOBAs are not just Dota/LoL likes. Monday Night Combat is a MOBA.
    As you said, MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
    The main difference between Dota and a game like Monday Night Combat is the camera: you have a third person camera instead of the top down view you have in Dota/LoL. So admittedly, there are some changes in the gameplay.
    These changes can feel huge when in reality at its heart the game's more or less the same thing: a multiplayer arena battle.

Ok, there're also games like Smite and such. Just a simple camera position wouldn't change the fact that it's been said that it doesn't play anything like LoL or DotA2, taking the two since they're the top most popular games currently in that genre (in fact MOBA name started because of the LoL).
    When it was asked "A MOBA, seriously?" CM stated "I never said that" as in "I never said that it's a MOBA"

To avoid any confusion

A question for community manager

Is the new Nosgoth game anything like the game Smite? More precisely, is the new Nosgoth game a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena?

Thank you in advance!

Hopefully the confusion regarding this will be taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there's MOBA scratched as a possibility. So it is confirmed, basically, that Nosgoth's not a MOBA. If it doesn't play or execute anything alike, it isn't.

So it's not a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
    I already had a look through all those posts, just to be sure, before I posted the comment. It's crucial, in my opinion, to play fair here and avoid putting words in his mouth which he didn't say. There is no unambiguous confirmation. Unless George explicitly rules out an entire genre as he did RTS and his personal understanding of MMORPGs, it's still on the table.

Since even the most peculiar of all past popular rumours about Dead Sun, the Soul Reaver reboot and so on actually turned out to have at least a few grains of truth to them, I'm willing to bank on the Monday Night Combat testimony from the anonymous Climax Studios employee(s). You can take it or leave it, because it's still sort of unsubstantiated, and might now be outdated. But if it's true, it does mean the game's genre leans directly towards MOBA, albeit not exactly in the DotA or LoL vein.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

I see what you mean Corlagon. It was kinda ambiguous, saying its not like LoL but not saying it could not be a different type of MOBA game.

(OT: Does anybody know how to contact Divine Shadow? I can´t send him a PM here, thanks).

(Raina, he has an operative e-mail address listed here which I've spoken to him with quite recently: http://www.thelostworlds.net/AboutTL...ne_Shadow.html

I think he has been AFK this week, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    I already had a look through all those posts, just to be sure, before I posted the comment. It's crucial, in my opinion, to play fair here and avoid putting words in his mouth which he didn't say. There is no unambiguous confirmation. Unless George explicitly rules out an entire genre as he did RTS and his personal understanding of MMORPGs, it's still on the table.

Since even the most peculiar of all past popular rumours about Dead Sun, the Soul Reaver reboot and so on actually turned out to have at least a few grains of truth to them, I'm willing to bank on the Monday Night Combat testimony from the anonymous Climax Studios employee(s). You can take it or leave it, because it's still sort of unsubstantiated, and might now be outdated. But if it's true, it does mean the game's genre leans directly towards MOBA, albeit not exactly in the DotA or LoL vein.
    Then it would be CM error for not clearing out what's MOBA in his opinion (???).
    To me as someone who does play moba type and moba-alike games they're all essentially the same.

One map. up to 30 "heroes" with unique abilities. RPG elements such as leveling (experience) and buying an item. A small jungle (or to that effect) with standing creeps. And the most recognizable is

- Three lanes-corridors-passages with two main points on each side of the map which represents a HQ of the team. The goal is to destroy it either by strategic or plain aggressive head-trough the wall methods.
    And that's practically MOBA, no exclusions from that.

The point is - I really can't see what are other MOBA-alike games that don't follow this routine of Defense of the Ancients/League of Legends etc playstyle?! I'd like that someone states a MOBA that's not typical to LoL/DotA/Smite/HoN/CM etc. Besides, pretty much all moba games are using cel shading. So I'll stick to the plan that Nosgoth's not a MOBA game, unless CM clearly stated that.

Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast