Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: "Garrett is now doing more action moves."

"Garrett is now doing more action moves."

Originally Posted by argan1985
    I'm sure there are other ways of doing that than making Garrett some kind of acrobatic ninja.
    And you know he's an acrobatic ninja because you saw a handful of still screenshots and no gameplay footage, right?
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I'm hoping he won't be. But there's a lot of talk about his fighting abilities, "action moves" and the use of Focus to perform attacks and not that much about the stealth itself. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by argan1985
    I'm hoping he won't be. But there's a lot of talk about his fighting abilities, "action moves" and the use of Focus to perform attacks and not that much about the stealth itself. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    I think you're focusing on things you're percieving to be negative and overinflating them as issues. I agree, you should wait and see the game before you write the game off.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I liked what EM said when they said you can play aggressively, but it won't be easy. I like that touch of realism. It was too easy in the previous 3.

Perhaps, if you slaughter a few guards, then a few extra guards enter the picture on heightened alert--looking for their missing comrades.

Perhaps hiding in the shadows becomes more difficult after you kill or blackjack guards...thus, making the game more difficult.

These additions would discourage Garrett from contact with anyone.

Who knows...I may even embrace ghosting if I knew that even the darkest shadows were not safe and there were 37 guards checking every room because most of their comrades went missing.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Why would you praise them for completely *ing out on the application of trial and error gameplay? Why SHOULDN'T you have to watch the guards patrol route for two minutes before making your move? This is Thief, not Dishonored.
    I played Dishonored very patiently to avoid being noticed or kill anyone. There was a lot of trial and error in that approach. I had quick saves at the ready and I did not hesitate to pause and load one when things got hairy. It all depends on how you want to play the game.

If Thief is going to allow you to defend yourself and get out of situations, that's great! But as long as they have a quick save option, you will always be able to revert back before you need to do any defending.
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!
    Calls The Jackals, Carry Thems Away. Their Children To Gnaw Bones In The Night!

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345