Thread: THE CITY WATCH 2009/2013 -"Thief" NEWS / ARTICLES / PODCASTS - see 1st page updates

THE CITY WATCH 2009/2013 -"Thief" NEWS / ARTICLES / PODCASTS - see 1st page updates

You could try...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

2. What the.. Didn't even cross my mind. Nice find

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    http://sneakybastards.net/wp-content...2013/03/09.jpg

Glad to see that the TDS blueish enlightement for the frobbable objects came back, but I see the highlighting distance too big, too many objects enlightened instead of focusing on a single object at once. The highlighting distance should have to be 128 unreal units, according to TDS.
    This screenshot seems to be showing the Focus capability being used; not frobbing. And if I remember the article correctly, we will be able to expand the distance in which objects will highlight in blue if you upgrade the Focus capability.

THIEF > THIAF. Hmm, I knew the 'e' looked a little odd, but I didn't know it was an upside down 'a'. Good find, especially if there will be a play on the word in the game to make it 'faith'

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    This screenshot seems to be showing the Focus capability being used; not frobbing. And if I remember the article correctly, we will be able to expand the distance in which objects will highlight in blue if you upgrade the Focus capability.
    I wonder how it gets upgraded. An interesting idea may be through glyphs, or perhaps Focus is tied to his mechanical eye somehow?

It increases in psychedelicness the more mushrooms you find and eat.

I imagine it's a reference to Mario.

Good question. I hope in as plausible a manner as possible. I.e., Some inventor tinkering with it for a price (or with resources found and supplied by Garrett) between missions, rather than by something arbitrary like solely the amount of loot you've collected or how long you've stayed in the shadows.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    Good question. I hope in as plausible a manner as possible. I.e., Some inventor tinkering with it for a price (or with resources found and supplied by Garrett) between missions, rather than by something arbitrary like solely the amount of loot you've collected or how long you've stayed in the shadows.
    Well if I may make parallels to Deus Ex; Human revolution, EM thought up a solid reason as to how Adam Jensen's abilities were upgraded and even tied it directly into the plot. If you have not already, go in and read the decriptions of how each of Jensen's augmentations work; they are quite in depth. I doubt they'd do something too lazy. EM seems to be a studio that believes heavily in world building; they like their worlds to adhere to an internal logic.

I could see Garrett knowing some sort of less than savory engineer who is willing to build and supply equipment for a price. Often times when a government is particularly oppressive it usually creates a prosperous black market for people looking to get goods and services they would be unable to get legally.

Originally Posted by Master Taffer
    I could see Garrett knowing some sort of less than savory engineer who is willing to build and supply equipment for a price.
    ...I've... heard this somewhere before...

Seriously, though. Further Dishonored comparisons are item #5,000,071 on the absurdly long list of 'The Last Things on Earth That Thief 4 Needs Right Now'.
    signature image

Sneaky Bastards

After viewing the scans on the sneaky bastards site... i made note of the scan with the title "true to it's roots" in which the article sates that there is no actual information about how true the new game will be to the lore of Thief... in fact it notes how the new game will basically do away with the undead and the creatures.

the only thing that SEEMS true to the roots is Garret's mechanical eye. So the questions is... WHAT exactly is going to be true to the roots of the original games?

frankly, this game must be true to the lore or there's no point in it being "thief". And more important that the undead or creatures, is simply surreal elements. To me this is what makes Thief stand apart is just how surreal it is. TDS toned down the surreal elements and to me THAT is one of the main complaints and reasons why the game is so different (in a generic way).

to EM... be bold... and weird. it'll be better that way and your villian will be memorable.

Originally Posted by NewUser2
    Is it just my imagination, or his mechanical eye is SMOKING?? O_o
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Smile

Well it is a steampunk! what did you expected?
    if burriks still were here well we know how they produce smoke from thief gold right?
    After reading all info on new thief and looking at all images i want another thief from Steve Pearsall. I hope i am wrong but new thief looks like another assasins creed to me. Besides Nicolas Cantin worken on AC and Stephane Roy worken on Bratz and Naughty Bear. Naughty Bear is his last work before Thief. Think about it. And in 2005 he worked on Chaos Theory - thats counts!

Originally Posted by Praudmur
    I hope i am wrong but new thief looks like another assasins creed to me.
    In what way?

Originally Posted by Blue Sky
    In what way?
    Many screenshots are taken from top view and i think they concetrating gameplay on rooftops like in AC or dishonored.
    What i realy want to hear is whats new on gameplay mechanics.
    Will they see your shafow? Will they change patroling roots and look backward? e tc
    From thief 1 they know ho to hear but only in t2 they can turn torches on.

Many screenshots are taken from top view and i think they concetrating gameplay on rooftops like in AC or dishonored.
    What i realy want to hear is whats new on gameplay mechanics.
    Will they see your shafow? Will they change patroling roots and look backward? e tc
    From thief 1 they know ho to hear but only in t2 they can turn torches on.
    If I remember correctly, the studio was supposed to do talks on their AI and lighting and sound effects last year or year before, so I assume that these elements will be present in the game. The first preview is just that, a preview of the surface. They wanted to put a hook out for people to grab onto, and now all the details will come down the line as more information comes out.
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!
    Calls The Jackals, Carry Thems Away. Their Children To Gnaw Bones In The Night!

FYI, the FAQs thread has received a small update - names of the dev team/staff /writers and a brief description of game design, plot & setting.

More to come, of course.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118236
    signature image

Adam has updated the Eidos Montreal blog with a link to the Game Informer video on motion capture performance in Thief.

If you guys have not checked it out, I would. It's some cool technology.

Eidos Montreal Blog: Thief Mocap? Game On!
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Excellent, thanks for posting.
    Will add to first page updates.
    signature image

First forum ever where users informs admins, and not the opposite...

Well it is a steampunk! what did you expected?
    if burriks still were here well we know how they produce smoke from thief gold right?
    Garrett's eye was not planned to smoke...

and Burricks emitted GAS, not smoke...

Garrett's eye was not planned to smoke...
    I noticed that, and it didn't make sense... Does his eye run on lamp oil or something?

So, in that scene they are stop motioning Garrett can be seen talking to someone tied to a post. I wonder who that could be?!

As to the smoking eye, it's just concept art. Things are always exaggerated in concept art! I doubt it will be in game.

First forum ever where users informs admins, and not the opposite...
    Actually, this is fairly normal for most official forums I know of.
    signature image

Yeah, fans are watchful

His WHOLE HEAD is smoking.
    And it's probably an effect of motion, focus or such, like the blurriness in the LOTR movies, when Frodo wears the ring.

Could be his breath??

Originally Posted by video
    Yeah, fans are watchful
    Yes, indeed.
    signature image

Page 26 of 53 First First ... 1622232425262728293036 ... Last