Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Anyone enjoy FFIX a lot?

Anyone enjoy FFIX a lot?

Definitely one of my favorites, should probably grab it off PSN so I can play it on the go.
    Well, whenever I get around to it, given I'm swamped with other games currently.

Anyways, favorite characters?

Mine would be Freya, being a Dragoon, followed by Quina, being a Blue Mage.
    2 of my favorite FF job classes.

I really liked the way that you permanently learn abilities on your equipment. I have to save my favorite character's are Garnet and Eiko. Love them summoning types.

It's great.

The characters, music, dialogue and the overal design is amazing. Lindblum is my favourite town from any video game.

The battle system is horrible though.

Originally Posted by kupo1705

It's great.

The characters, music, dialogue and the overal design is amazing. Lindblum is my favourite town from any video game.

The battle system is horrible though.

Yeah, they initially aimed for a faster battle system, but had some issues with it.

I don't mind it, it certainly could be faster, but that's really my only gripe with it.

Originally Posted by Tiael
    Yeah, they initially aimed for a faster battle system, but had some issues with it.

I don't mind it, it certainly could be faster, but that's really my only gripe with it.

It's not just the speed. Sometimes it feels like the enemy is cheating. Like it doesn't care your ATB is full and it just attacks. I'm not a fan of the Trance system either.

The worst part is probably the transition to the battle which takes way too long.

I loved FF IX. Almost everything about that game was perfect for me except for 1 thing...

The character desing. I could not stand how the characters looked in FF IX. I mean, come on now... did Zidane really need a tail... -_-

Originally Posted by kupo1705

It's not just the speed. Sometimes it feels like the enemy is cheating. Like it doesn't care your ATB is full and it just attacks. I'm not a fan of the Trance system either.

The worst part is probably the transition to the battle which takes way too long.

Yeah, the trance, wish it was like previous ones which you could save it and use it whenever you wanted.

I never had issues with enemies cheating though, or just didn't notice it.

And don't mind the transition, I've played worse lol.

I didn't have a problem with Zidine having a tail cause there were other NPCs that looks odd or even weirder. But not as odd looking as Qu.

Don't hate on the Qu, be still my heart...

They were awesome, weird quirky chef guys.

IX is arguably my favorite entry in the series. I found it quite heartwarming, being a sendoff to what came before it before the series transitioned to PS2.

Sorry, just not used to the make-up and the huge tongues and the taste for frogs.

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game of all time. The setting, art direction, music (especially the music; Uematsu's finest IMO), etc. are all fantastic.

As for characters, I'd probably say Princess Garnet and Zidane. I like how the cast functions as a whole more than any individual character, but those two in particular were nice.

Definitely one of my favorites, should probably grab it off PSN so I can play it on the go.
    Well, whenever I get around to it, given I'm swamped with other games currently.

Anyways, favorite characters?

Mine would be Freya, being a Dragoon, followed by Quina, being a Blue Mage.
    2 of my favorite FF job classes.

Hehe, FF9 is my favorite FF by far.

Though I never did use Freya or Qina, towards the end I was using Vivi to hit flare with reflect x2 on himself and Steiner's shock.

FF9 world was something else definitely, My favorite character is beatrix.

I enjoyed the game as much as playing other FF games.

There were so many good main and supporting characters, FFIX stands as one of my favourites. I'll never forget how happy I was to take down Zorn and Thorn due to story related elements =) I also think it has some of the best music and art direction in the entire series.

I'm actually near starting yet another FFIX replay, this time on PSP just for something different.

Pickle anyone?

I do. I still remember the first time that I played it. In fact, I recently restarted it. I don't think that I could ever get tired of that game. It's truly one of the gems in the Final Fantasy series.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys IX a lot.

Definitely in my top 5 along with with V, VI, XI and XII.

I loved IX. The transitions bugged me a bit, along with some lag for some reason, but other than that, it was my 2nd most favorite Final Fantasy. My team was almost always Zidane, Dagger (Garnet), Vivi, and Freya.

I remember Hironobu Sakaguchi saying that FF9 was his ideal Final Fantasy. I think he also wrote some of the scenario for it.

I know I say every FF game is my favorite, but this one IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ilikeikeilikeik

I know I say every FF game is my favorite, but this one IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I love it so much that I often listen to the tracks from it.

FINAL FANTASY lX is the first one I was play in this series. ^^

So I like this one the most. But the other is OK for me too.

Am I the only one who really loved Vivi? I liked his transition from the meek kid who listens to whatever he's told to being the wiser one of the group. Also, doomsday ftw. Just sayin' hahaha

And then they just ruined his character developement in KHII *sigh*

Vivi was pretty cool. They did a good character model for him in KHII but he was pretty weird even tho you didn't see/hear much of him.

FFIX is my favorite game of all time as well. For reasons already stated by everyone else.

I hope SE lets the director of FFIX and FFXII helm another entry in the franchise, preferably the next one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last