Thread: Augment your desktop!

Augment your desktop!

Many many thanks! I'll set this up when I can and post the results here.
    You got a funny way of talking... JJB.

Here's my augmentation. ;p I did a couple of changes to fit in with the colour scheme. I really appreciate this, thank you. :>

Originally Posted by republicking
    My augmented desktop took some INTENSE time consuming part of my LIFE! But it look so Freaking AWESOME. Check this out.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I have provided a link below for the Rainmeter skins I have Modified to ensure that a desktop can look extremely close to the in-game look. Links given because I'm nice, and plus if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't of thought of augmenting my desktop.

The battery area is set to the SpeedFan temperature, and the In-game Sprint bit is for the SpeedFan Fan Speed. If you wish to change the temp to the actually computer battery life just change the skin.

In Volume & Fan Speed Remove [MeasureTemp] and add change the following for battery life instead of Fan Temperature:

[MeasureBattery]
    Measure=Plugin
    Plugin=Plugins\PowerPlugin.dll
    PowerState=PERCENT
    UpdateDivider=5

[TempBar]
    MeasureName=MeasureTemp <<< In [TempBar] change this to MeasureName=Measurebattery
    Meter=Bar
    BarOrientation=horizontal
    BarImage=Batterybar.png
    flip=0
    X=93
    Y=83
    DynamicVariables=1

Download LINK:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zt8bqt

Includes:
    • Background
    • Any installations needed for FULL look
    • Denton Font
    • Icons I have made (Plus blank Photoshop icon used to make your own icons)

NOTE: Winapp is needed for the MediaPlayer skin to work.

"Kinda hard to tell one lackey from another in here. You boys all look alike to me."

Just give me a Praxis Kit and i'll be on my way to get augmentations.
    Oh wow this is perfect
    signature image

Yeah, that looks awesome but I guess personally I'd prefer another backround pic under the UI-elements, probably a real life-image. I guess a long tunnel with some light at the end of it would be cool. This won't work under XP, I presume?

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    Yeah, that looks awesome but I guess personally I'd prefer another backround pic under the UI-elements, probably a real life-image. I guess a long tunnel with some light at the end of it would be cool. This won't work under XP, I presume?
    I think it should. The only thing 7 about that is the taskbar at the bottom.

Anyone else having issues with the WAVE file? I'm not trying to set it as my startup sound, just my logon sound and it just won't play.

Hi everyone,
    Decided to register because this is awesome! And republicking's desktop is awesome^2. For now, I came up with this:

Long before i managed to read whole topic, I've wanted to have some HUD elements from the game. republicking ruined it! . Now I could just base on his work (or be thought to base). So i tried different approach, and altered hexagonal background. To be strict, I made it from scratch. Wanted to be able to eliminate some parts. So it began. There is place for some quick access menu on the left. Need to utilize bottom in some way. Or leave it unused? There are many details (disk usage, search engine, etc.) to be done. Any other suggestions? Share your opinion. And forgive bad grammar. No practice, and problems start to occur. I think I need some brain augmentation :P

Hi all,
    I've been following this thread since yesterday trying to get all the rocketdock and rainmeter stuff together. All your efforts are inspiring but I'm still trying to get to grips with those tools, and I'm not someone who's good at working this sort of thing out. Plus I'm on a desktop pc so no need for battery meters or weather widgets really. So until I decide to explore it further, I did a very basic desktop, and used an online icon converter to convert the .png rocketdock icon files to .icn windows icon files. Using the hexagon desktop background at the moment. I've downloaded objectdock so will look at that tomorrow. Also tried installing the screensavers posted elsewhere earlier today, but it crashed my pc twice (crappy old vista).

needing help

hey is anyone still watches this thread but im having trouble getting the right colors for rainmeter and i cannot get the denton font to work for it either despite it working on word i would appreciate the help
    -dean

A better font color is 249, 191, 89. Closer to that gold color Eidos used in the game.

Originally Posted by mrdeanosupreamo
    hey is anyone still watches this thread but im having trouble getting the right colors for rainmeter and i cannot get the denton font to work for it either despite it working on word i would appreciate the help
    -dean
    Make sure you install the Denton font to your font's folder. Should be able to do this by simply clicking on it and it should ask to install.

Next you go into the ini files for the rainmeter rubbish, and change where it says 'Fontname = Arial" for example. Change to 'Fontname = Denton' without quotes of course.

As for the colors, I use 'Fontcolor = 249, 191, 89'
    Enjoy!

Unhappy I NEED HELP

hey , uh i really dont know what to do after i put all the files in the folder ect, like im confused on how to apply the changes to my desktop. am i suppost to reset my computer? run a certain program? i also dont know what the tutorial picture means when it says to place RocketDock in the RD folder, am i suppost to make the RD folder or wh

PLEASE answer my questions

Originally Posted by anis808
    hey , uh i really dont know what to do after i put all the files in the folder ect, like im confused on how to apply the changes to my desktop. am i suppost to reset my computer? run a certain program? i also dont know what the tutorial picture means when it says to place RocketDock in the RD folder, am i suppost to make the RD folder or wh

PLEASE answer my questions
    Instead of keep complaining, be patient and try to change things little by little.

I can't change the weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

these backgrounds are amazing

My latest variation on a Deus Ex theme. The screenshot you see on the desktop is my mobile phone screen!

Would anyone be kind enough to upload the Deus Ex Rainmeter skin used by the OP. The current link has been removed by mediafire and other websites. Thanks

Originally Posted by Studboy
    hi ther... plz tell me wer i can get that hex grid background wallpaper.... that link does not work......
    I have the same question. All the links to this wallpaper seem to be broken by now. Maybe someone could upload it again somewhere?
    I really want that wallpaper but couldn't find it anywhere :-(

[QUOTE=republicking;1742919]My augmented desktop took some INTENSE time consuming part of my LIFE! But it look so Freaking AWESOME. Check this out.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I have provided a link below for the Rainmeter skins I have Modified to ensure that a desktop can look extremely close to the in-game look. Links given because I'm nice, and plus if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't of thought of augmenting my desktop.

The battery area is set to the SpeedFan temperature, and the In-game Sprint bit is for the SpeedFan Fan Speed. If you wish to change the temp to the actually computer battery life just change the skin.

In Volume & Fan Speed Remove [MeasureTemp] and add change the following for battery life instead of Fan Temperature:

[MeasureBattery]
    Measure=Plugin
    Plugin=Plugins\PowerPlugin.dll
    PowerState=PERCENT
    UpdateDivider=5

[TempBar]
    MeasureName=MeasureTemp <<< In [TempBar] change this to MeasureName=Measurebattery
    Meter=Bar
    BarOrientation=horizontal
    BarImage=Batterybar.png
    flip=0
    X=93
    Y=83
    DynamicVariables=1

Download LINK:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zt8bqt

Includes:
    • Background
    • Any installations needed for FULL look
    • Denton Font
    • Icons I have made (Plus blank Photoshop icon used to make your own icons)

NOTE: Winapp is needed for the MediaPlayer skin to work.
    --------------------------

Wow. This one's beyond insane!
    Can anyone tell me how to edit the files and that make the batteries go 'green' like in the picture?
    They always appear as red empty batteries to me

Any tips on how to straighten out the rainmeter stuff? I would like to have all of them straight instead of slightly diagonal as the person upload above me. Pretty much exactly how the OP has his.
    Thanks for the upload links btw.

Originally Posted by marker227
    I can't change the weather from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!
    Are you using the OP's DX:HR skin? If so, the weather should automatically be in Fahrenheit. I didn't like that version though so I found another via DeviantArt. http://cuttyframm.deviantart.com/art...Desk-256766446

I changed the colour and font to make it fit in with the OP's stuff.

To do this, open the "Variables" file and make sure the colours and fonts are as follows:

CircleBG=255,255,255,50
    CircleBar=225,176,84,210
    TextColorMain=225,176,84
    TextColorSub=255,255,255,160

;Fonts
    ;1 for the main font, 2 for the subtext font

Font1=Denton
    Font2=Denton
    Size1=18
    Size2=8

You'll need to go into the "Weather.ini" file to apply your location. OP shows how.

Good luck.

I've almost finished augmenting my desktop but I can't make the media player work. It seems to want to only use Winamp which I don't have and don't really want. Is there ANY way to make it work with Windows Media Player or Zune? Anyone with their own version?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Originally Posted by Vansaelus
    Would anyone be kind enough to upload the Deus Ex Rainmeter skin used by the OP. The current link has been removed by mediafire and other websites. Thanks
    Links can be found here: http://aaymalia.tumblr.com/post/3971...deusex-hr-fans

This includes a walkthrough guide. The hexagon wallpaper some people are asking for is in the Rainmeter theme download. The link goes to mediafire but I had no problem downloading the file only yesterday. Perhaps try a different browser?

Good luck.

Originally Posted by raycey
    Links can be found here: http://aaymalia.tumblr.com/post/3971...deusex-hr-fans

This includes a walkthrough guide. The hexagon wallpaper some people are asking for is in the Rainmeter theme download. The link goes to mediafire but I had no problem downloading the file only yesterday. Perhaps try a different browser?

Good luck.
    Cool! Thank you!
    I would have never come up with the idea to look for it in a Rainmeter theme. But now I finally have it. Link to MediaFire worked just fine! Thanks again.

Dose anyone know how to get the system information .ini file to display the video
    Cards gpu load instead of showing the wifi.

Page 11 of 12 First First ... 789101112 Last