Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Compass Podcasts | update Aug 26 - Episode #30 live!

Crystal Compass Podcasts | update Aug 26 - Episode #30 live!

The Crystal Habit Podcast: E3 2011 Day 1

The Crystal Habit Podcast: E3 2011 Day 2

The Crystal Habit Podcast: E3 2011 Day 3

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 1

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 2

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 3

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 4

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 5

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 6

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 7

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 8

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 9

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 10

The Crystal Habit Podcast: E3 2012

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 11

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 12

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 13

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 14

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 15

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 16

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 17

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 18

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 19

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 20

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 21

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 22

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 23

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 24

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 25

The Crystal Habit Podcast: Episode 26

Crystal Compass Podcast: Episode 28

Crystal Compass Podcast: Episode 29

*NEW*
    Crystal Compass Podcast: Episode 30
    Last edited by dark7angel; 31st Aug 2015 at 18:38.
    signature image

thank you

.. i think that voice is keira knightley's voice (the new lara )
    "If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

You welcome!

As for the voice actress being Keira Knightley, that's highly unlikely because Karl has said more than once that the new voice actress isn't a big name/famous actress, he says she's a new talent, so I think that rules out Keira...
    signature image

Great, thankyou for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    You welcome!

As for the voice actress being Keira Knightley, that's highly unlikely because Karl has said more than once that the new voice actress isn't a big name/famous actress, he says she's a new talent, so I think that rules out Keira...
    when i watched the trailer the first name i thought about was keira knightley
    but that is fine. i don't like her after all

thanks again
    "If you don't know who I am, maybe the best course of action is to tread lightly..."W.W

do they always laughing?

no i mean.. do they work a bit?
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    do they always laughing?

Mate, if you've a job that you can't have a laugh or two in, I feel bad for you. Unless you're a dentist. No one wants a dentist coming at them with a live drill LHFAO. That'd be just... wrong. Anyways, yeah. Bit of a laugh always helps the day flow smoother. Nothing wrong with it.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

thx

Sweet! Both my questions answered! Thanks a lot, Maegan, Karl and the crew.
    signature image

And another one: Crystal Habit Podcast 3
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    do they always laughing?

Haha. Yes, we laugh a lot. This was out of exhaustion, though, as much as fun. When you are sleep deprived at a convention, you get the giggles :P

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Haha. Yes, we laugh a lot. This was out of exhaustion, though, as much as fun. When you are sleep deprived at a convention, you get the giggles :P
    One could really tell that you guys were tired!!! Specially in some video interviews with Karl and Brian!!! But you guys did an awesome job at E3! TR made quite an impression!!!! So Congrats!

By the way Meagan, when can we expect a new Crystal Habit Podcast??? I love listening to you guys chatting about the game!!! You all seem like such a nice bunch!
    signature image

Sorry to double post but I just wanted to let you guys know there's a new Podcast!

I updated the first post with a link.

The Crystal Habit: #1

Returning to the studio after E3, Crystal Dynamics kicks off the first official Crystal Habit podcast. This episode, key staffers discuss the history of the development house, evaluate Tomb Raider’s reception at E3, and address the most popular questions of the month. Hosted by Meagan Marie.

Editor Note: We’re in the midst of the the approval process over at iTunes, so expect an archive to be available soon!
    signature image

Phew, that was a long podcast xD And when Karl came to talk about reception from E3, I was like: "Finally!"

Tomb Raider is a BOMB!

So, there are NO mansion levels, aaaand that's about it

P.S. I think there's a chance that the music (the violines and the piano, I think) will be the Main theme for this TR. Just a thought
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Phew, that was a long podcast xD And when Karl came to talk about reception from E3, I was like: "Finally!"

Tomb Raider is a BOMB!

So, there are NO mansion levels, aaaand that's about it

P.S. I think there's a chance that the music (the violines and the piano, I think) will be the Main theme for this TR. Just a thought
    Yeah, it's a long podcast, but I think it's cool!!! And I was also waiting for Karl to show up!!!! I love the guy!!!

I'm curious about the new IP they talked about...

And I wouldn't mind if that was the Main Theme for this game, I really LOVE it! It's beautiful.
    signature image

Uhm, this is podcast #4, why is it called #1?

I'll just call it #4

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Maybe because it's the first outside E3...
    signature image

Sorry if the naming convention is confusing. We consider this the first "official" podcast because the other ones were just E3 specials. So this is the real format it will take in the future - longer, with better audio and all that! Any suggestions as to what you would like to see in the future?

More stuff related to TR That's all that matters

As I recall, the new podcast will be in a month or so, so if there's any news, we want to know ^^
    I don't have any questions, sadly
    signature image

I've a question. Why is Karl constantly saying "We're not afraid to kill Lara"? Just strikes me as odd given the rather painful (and often humorous) deaths she suffered in "Legend" if we failed to hit a button in time during a QTE. Do those not count as "killing Lara"? Everytime I hear that I can't help but think: "Yeah, we know, dude. Alot of us failed the QTEs a time or two and saw." I'm not trying to rude, mind you, so please don't take it that way. Just curious.

As for features for the podcast, anything about sound design is always welcome.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Sorry if the naming convention is confusing. We consider this the first "official" podcast because the other ones were just E3 specials. So this is the real format it will take in the future - longer, with better audio and all that! Any suggestions as to what you would like to see in the future?
    Can we ask the new TR voice actress some questions? She doesn't have to answer directly, you can just relay the answers. I'm sure some of the other fans would also have questions.
    My Q: Does she have fits of laughter recording all those screaming and "Lara freaking out scenes"?
    Just thinking about someone recording all those moaning sounds seems hilarious. I think she's really good though, not easy to express emotion like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    I've a question. Why is Karl constantly saying "We're not afraid to kill Lara"? Just strikes me as odd given the rather painful (and often humorous) deaths she suffered in "Legend" if we failed to hit a button in time during a QTE. Do those not count as "killing Lara"? Everytime I hear that I can't help but think: "Yeah, we know, dude. Alot of us failed the QTEs a time or two and saw." I'm not trying to rude, mind you, so please don't take it that way. Just curious.

As for features for the podcast, anything about sound design is always welcome.
    I'll ask him, but I think it's more than likely a turn of phrase he uses to draw attention to the more human Lara, and how she expresses real pain and fear

And I agree! Sound design segments would be great. Perfect for a podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Can we ask the new TR voice actress some questions? She doesn't have to answer directly, you can just relay the answers. I'm sure some of the other fans would also have questions.
    My Q: Does she have fits of laughter recording all those screaming and "Lara freaking out scenes"?
    Just thinking about someone recording all those moaning sounds seems hilarious. I think she's really good though, not easy to express emotion like that.
    When we announce her, we'll absolutely do some sort of interview or feature!

I have a question Megan. How much % is the game complete so far?

Any suggestions as to what you would like to see in the future?
    Judging from the amount of votes we've received in the wishlist thread, I think the number one question the fans have is:

Will the player be able to play on a high difficulty level and turn off all helper icons/hints/highlighting/survival instinct?

I'm all up for game accessibility, I think it's good that inexperienced players can get visual aides when they are stuck and don't know how to advanced or which lever to pull, etc. But what I find very important is that for the experienced players, there should be an option to go "hardcore" if they want to.

I've seen many concerns about TR9 again being a too easy game, as we've seen with past TR games. I've also noticed an outcry on other forums to the developers of other games to not dumb it down for the sake of "keeping the casual gamer happy", which seems to be a trend lately.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast