Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Crystal Compass Podcasts | update Aug 26 - Episode #30 live!

Hearing "No Sam" I nodded and verbally said, "Good."

Live responding to the podcast so really long reply and also messy reply since it's a live reaction.

Honestly, I'm really excited about this game and I'm really happy that things have been left this long to come out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Larafan1996 View Post
    The ending to the comics is just strange shes just like well my friend is in jail time to go on an adventure smiles to the camera "to be continued in rise of the tomb raider". Then again the comics in general were just wierd and all over the place like trying to use her fortune (why isn't she doing that in this situation?) to save grim who isn't actually grim but a fake. I'd be happy if none of the scooby doo gang returns in the sequel but that story line just makes no sense at all when you consider the reboot, the novel and the first arc of the comics were all about Lara essentially rescuing her again and again.
    You said it yourself - the comics are all over the place. The ending is not unusual in that sense then, lol.

Like I keep saying, I just don't consider all these comics and novels as canon. No more than I can take the official movies as canon. So it simply doesn't bother me what happens in them. It's the games that count, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Larafan1996 View Post
    I dunno I just feel all this extended universe stuff to be really flimsy and unfocussed especially since story/character/cinematics seems to be the main part over other things in the series now.
    It's just comics. TR is a videogame first and foremost. What happens in the games is what people should concern themselves with, not with these fillers. I mean, it's nice entertainment and I like the fanservice, but at the end of the day these comics are fleeting; no one will remember them in a few years. But 10 years down the line, we'll probably be still talking about TR9 and Yamatai, just like we're still talking about AoD even after such a long time, heh.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    but at the end of the day these comics are fleeting; no one will remember them in a few years. But 10 years down the line, we'll probably be still talking about TR9 and Yamatai, just like we're still talking about AoD even after such a long time, heh.
    Exactly. I still replay AOD even today, the games are the most important thing in this franchise

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Yeah the novel ending was a bit naff, probably rushed.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Crystal Compass Podcast: Episode #30 - Transcription

Edit: OP updated!
    Last edited by Driber; 1st Sep 2015 at 11:10. Reason: formatting
    signature image

^ Very nice, just gets me more and more excited! So we find the outfits we wear? That's so cool
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Gitb97 View Post
    Exactly. I still replay AOD even today, the games are the most important thing in this franchise

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Crystal Compass Podcast: Episode #30 - Transcription

Edit: OP updated!
    Added formatting to your post

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Soo, are we not getting a podcast this month? I was looking forward to the Robin hosted one .

Hello! Thanks Rai for remembering. I’m planning to have a podcast set up this month before launch. September just flew by and part of the time I was away from studio for the preview coverage you all have been seeing. We’ll be including a Q&A Lara Croft GO in this new podcast. I just listened to a preview this week and I’ll be getting in some tidbits for Rise too as we ramp up to releasing the game. Stay tuned!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819