Thread: RIP Stanley

RIP Stanley

I know I don't post much here these days but I'm often here and I know that some of the older members will remember my cat, Stanley.

My best friend for the last eighteen years passed away at 06:20 this morning.

Rest in Peace Stanley.

Hey Kevin, "nice" to see you again (if only it was under better circumstances )

Awww, I remember Stanley. My condolences with your best friend.

May he enjoy all the fluffy toys and catnip he could ever wish for in cat heaven.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Unhappy

I am so sorry to hear that. The universe should not do that to us, it is simply not right.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

So sad... but you loved him and he loved you...what greater gift is there in life? None.
    Love and memories live on. RIP Stanley.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I am sorry to hear that. You have my deepest sympathy.

Unhappy

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this, staticon. Requiscat in Pace, Stanley.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Stanley, Stat.

Rip
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

I feel your pain, I used to have two dogs when I was just a little child, and we had to give one away, and the other passed away. I also had to give away our cat, Blue. I know what it's like to lose a pet you've been close to. Don't let this bring you down, now. Life's harsh, and when it knocks you down you gotta get right back up and kick it in the rear.
    signature image

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend, Staticon. 18 years, though, you both got a lot of milage out of each other.

Many thanks for all the kind words.

I do miss the little fellow but, at least, I still have one more best friend in the shape of Rufus. He's 14 years old and loving all the extra fuss and attention he's getting now.

He's been a little, furry, tower of strength this week.

I'm also keeping myself busy with a little project to refurbish the outside of my house, get the leaky roof fixed and get me a new central heating system installed.

Just getting the quotes in at the moment so that I have some idea of how much to ask my friendly neighbourhood bank manager for.

Once again, thanks.

Unhappy

Cats rule and dogs drool, as the saying goes.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Staticon. I am sure Stanley is purring in his Cat Heaven and still chasing the mice.

It's always a great shame when out pets depart from this mortal coil but I know for a fact that the soul goes on and that Stanley will love you all the more than he could possibly have shown you on the Earth plane. The Souls DO go on and Stanley will still be watching over you from time to time and be pinching your favourite chair or climbing into the empty boxes

You will be reunited some day - that's how things tend to work x

Incidentally, don't all cats look so sweet when they curl up their feet beneath their chests?

Stanley looked a lot like my latest entry to cat Heaven, Honey (or as I used to name her, "Moneypenny" or "Funnymoney"). Same colouring and contented expression.

Goran - it isn't the end I promise. Read a book entitled "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton PH.D. It won't let you down.

I love every living creature and it is very sad when they leave us but we often grieve but for ourselves only. The cats will be in visitation - I have had first experience of this.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

I know what it's like to lose a pet that you are very close to. I lost a cat and dog before that I loved dearly.

Though this is unrelated to what I just said, I have to admit that I just woke up and when i saw the title of the thread I thought you meant Stan Lee of Marvel Comics fame xD I was like " NO!!!"

Unhappy

I'm really sorry to hear about Stanley. Even when they've lived to a good old age, it's still never long enough and very emotionally painful. Hope you're okay.
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

I am so sorry. I hope its soul find eternal peace.

very sorry that you had to lose Stanley...I had to put one of my cats to sleep a few months ago, and it is still fresh for me. Glad to hear that Rufus is still there for you
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

Sorry to hear Staticon.

Can anyone confirm that cats go away to pass away? my cats unbelievably weak and old looking and because of his persistant food habits during feeding time he hasn't turned up today at all.

It's quite downing as he was a cat that had a great long life, but it would be nice to know where abouts he has gone, i checked the bushes in me garden and nope..
    signature image

Yes, that seems to be true. I read that animals in the wild, when they are sick or injured, instinctively try to hide in unusual places because they would be an easy catch for predators in such an incapacitated state.

Another theory suggest that animals instinctively leave their home to die because they "know" that a dead body will subject their family to diseases.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I'm so sorry Cazzer, but Driber is right - they do often go away to pass on.

Don't lose all hope just yet though as sometimes cats hide when they are just be a bit under the weather too. I definitely think you're doing the right thing by searching everywhere.

My mum's cat Snowy had a funny turn a couple of months back where she had what seemed to be a fit and then ran. Nobody saw her for a day or so and mum was worried sick that she had gone away to die as she's 13/14 years old.

Everywhere was searched to get her to the vet and about 2 days later, my mum was making sandwiches for her lunch at work and reached into the cupboard for the bread where she felt something furry. Snowy was hiding in the back. She's now suddenly really friendly and loving whereas before she was always a shy, withdrawn cat which is really weird.

The vet couldn't figure out what happened to her but said a type of mini-stroke was possible.
    Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye.

They do seem to try and conceal themselves near the end.

Despite Stanleys very weakened state in the last few days, he kept trying to hide under my sofa.

He never liked leaving the house so an indoor hiding place was logical. Though, being blind as well, it was amazing how he found his way under there. I have lots of junk pushed away under it.

He'd never tried hiding there when he was well.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

I'm sorry to hear you lost a dear friend. He's so cute on the photo, I would hug him and squeeze him so hard...

Goodbye, little one. Rest in peace.

Hey Stat, I don't come here very much anymore either, just read about Stanley, sorry to hear about your loss!
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"