View Poll Results: Who should play Lara in the 3rd movie? (pics @ bottom of OP)

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alison Carrol

22 12.72%
  • Camilla Luddington

92 53.18%
  • Ellen Page

10 5.78%
  • Gemma Arterton

35 20.23%
  • Hayley Atwell

13 7.51%
  • Kaya Scodelario

6 3.47%
  • Lyndsey Fonseca

16 9.25%
  • Natalie Portman

13 7.51%
  • Nina Dobrev

9 5.20%
  • Olivia Thirlby

6 3.47%
  • Olivia Wilde

18 10.40%
  • Summer Glau

10 5.78%
  • Kate Beckinsale

15 8.67%
  • Jennifer Lawrence

17 9.83%
  • Emma Watson

14 8.09%
  • None of the above - I want a feature length CGI movie, a la Turning Point

5 2.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1690

Thread: Third TR film general discussion thread

Smile

This is Lacy Chabert, she kinda looks like new lara in this pic without even trying? She is an actor who had a role in the movie "Lost in Space", so bonus points for being an explorer, extra bonus points for being a space explorer!

Hope you don't mind me moving your post here, BridgetFisher. Would love to hear what people think of her as a possible Lara actress for the next TR film

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^ "Lost in Space"? Girl, no one is gonna know what that film is She was Gretchen in Mean Girls; now everyone will know
    But I totally agree, she looks very Lara-like in that photo
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    This is Lacy Chabert, she kinda looks like new lara in this pic without even trying? She is an actor who had a role in the movie "Lost in Space", so bonus points for being an explorer, extra bonus points for being a space explorer!

Nice pic. The similarity is amazing. She's very pretty.
    signature image

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Hope you don't mind me moving your post here, BridgetFisher. Would love to hear what people think of her as a possible Lara actress for the next TR film
    Thanks for moving it to a thread that is good for discussion with members of the community.

^^ She'll always be "that other 'Party Of 5' girl" to me. Which isn't a dig. Other than 'Mean Girls' I haven't seen anything she's done since 'P.O.5', so it's hard for me to picture.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Smile

Where is the poll to pick a sam? Says on IMDB that its basically the description of the last game TR2013.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/
    "Following the origins of a young Lara Croft on her first archaeological expedition she must use her strength and harness her skills in order to survive a crazed Island cult and unlock mythological secrets surrounding her mysterious whereabouts."

Where is our sam?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    ^^ She'll always be "that other 'Party Of 5' girl" to me. Which isn't a dig. Other than 'Mean Girls' I haven't seen anything she's done since 'P.O.5', so it's hard for me to picture.
    I recognise the name, was Jennifer Love Hewitt in that too?
    Where is the poll to pick a sam? Says on IMDB that its basically the description of the last game TR2013.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1365519/
    "Following the origins of a young Lara Croft on her first archaeological expedition she must use her strength and harness her skills in order to survive a crazed Island cult and unlock mythological secrets surrounding her mysterious whereabouts."

Where is our sam?
    I think the time has long past for them to make a film of the reboot, I think they'll be better off doing a standalone story for between Rise & TR11 - (like the comics and book were between TR9 & Rise)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I recognise the name, was Jennifer Love Hewitt in that too?
    Yeah, her and Neve Cambell. I wanna say the guy that played T.S. in 'Mallrats' was in it as well, but don't hold me to it.
    signature image

Had this in my recommendations today, found it interesting.

"What does it take to make a good video game movie?":
    signature image

I still would like Daisy Ridley, Kaya Scodelario or Dakota Blue Richards to portray Lara. They're all British, relatively new and of the right age. Generally any English actress aged 25 or below would be my preferred person to play reboot Lara.

Had this in my recommendations today, found it interesting.

"What does it take to make a good video game movie?":
    Good video! Added to OP

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Good video! Added to OP
    Yeah not bad, huh? I'd never heard of that channel before, but I checked it out after I watched that and he does some good vids. All about films tho, from what I saw. He's not as good as Oliver Harper (If you want to know everything about your favorite movie he's the guy to watch), but he's close.

I gotta disagree with him on one thing in that vid tho. He said that the first 'Silent Hill' flick is the best video game adaptation and I gotta disagree. For me, the 2nd one, 'Silent Hill: Revelations' is the best. It ticks every box he mentioned. Respect for the source material, knowledge of it, and changing just enough so that it's a brand new experience for those who played the game it's based on ('Silent Hill 3'). Add in music literally straight from the game, as well as bringing that composer (Akira Yamaoka) on board to write new music for it (I wanna say he was one of the producers as well but could be wrong. He was done working for Konami at the time it came out), and it for me is hands down the best video game movie released as of this writing.
    signature image

#LetTheLegendLive I would add a friend of mine, her name is Stefanie Joosten. And she would be an amazing spirit to play our fav explorer

Finally: Director found!

Norwegian director Roar Uthaug is to direct the Tomb Raider film, which is said to be Lara's first adventure. Additionally, Geneva Robertson-Dworet is in talks to write the screenplay.

More here.

I'm not familiar with either of these names, but it's good there's a director on board. Though I'm confused, didn't they have a script written, or is the screenplay different to a script? Oh well, at least things are moving along.

^^^^ Holy S! I've never heard of either, and after a quick search have turned up zilch on both! Sooooooooo............ Maybe we'll be surprised, eh?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak View Post
    I still would like Daisy Ridley, Kaya Scodelario or Dakota Blue Richards to portray Lara. They're all British, relatively new and of the right age. Generally any English actress aged 25 or below would be my preferred person to play reboot Lara.
    Good suggestions! Daisy Ridley could be especially cool.

In either case I just hope they can get someone british, or can do a clear british accent. Angelina Jolie did well, with her not being British. Yet Camilla Luddington in the latest game has a messed up accent. Still can't understand how they did so well in choosing Keeley Hawes to voice her with a great accent, yet mess up with Camilla.

^^^^ Holy S! I've never heard of either, and after a quick search have turned up zilch on both! Sooooooooo............ Maybe we'll be surprised, eh?
    Roar's IMDB.

A trailer for one of his films, Escape:

Giving off Reboot vibes.

He's kept to Norwegian films by the looks of it, so probably why he's relatively unknown to English audiences.

Geneva is only credited to one film on her IMBD, Transformers 5.

I've not checked to see if anyone has mentioned her before, but all my votes for the new Lara are now for Hailee Steinfeld (yes, she's American but, dgaf)

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

I've not checked to see if anyone has mentioned her before, but all my votes for the new Lara are now for Hailee Steinfeld (yes, she's American but, dgaf)

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

(click image to enlarge)
    Whoa!

Hello there...
    signature image

Check out this awesome trailer for 'Gods of Egypt'.
    I half expected Lara to turn up

It has Gerard Butler from the second TR movie and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (aka Jaime Lannister aka the Brian Horton look-a-like).

"Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Daisy Ridley

So if you've seen Star Wars:The Force Awakens you'll know she does an awesome job as Rey. Do you think she could be in the mix to be cast as Lara Croft?

Yeah, but I look at her and all I can think about is Gretchen Wieners from Mean Girls. I will admit, though, her appearance here does suggest that she would look great as Lara; I would just like to see her hair a little darker for the role.

(click image to enlarge)
    Meh, not interested in her. 'Love Myself' is catchy, but I can't see her as Lara at all. Nothing wrong with an American portraying Lara, though; Angelina Jolie did just fine. Plus, they've had Scotsmen play James Bond, so nothing is out of the realm of possibility, really.

(click image to enlarge)

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast