Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready to disembark

Smile Ready to disembark

Dear fellows,

I feel it is the end of an era. John Carter and I believe the time has come for us to disembark from this ship that has been our virtual home for the last decade.

I have been a moderator/admin for the last 10 years and it is time to step down now.

It has been a fun ride and I have a lot to be grateful for. I met my adorable wife here and my very good friend and fellow mod John Carter. Among others. You know who you are.

I will always think fondly of this place, but my tenure ends here. And I will be taking my Cat with me.

Keep enjoying yourselves,
    Goran
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Well, as Goran said, time to disembark from the Moderator ship. It has indeed been a wonderful decade. But with a new era of Lara, its probably time to afford a new era of fan the opportunity to contribute and bring their style and passion to the job. Time for us to sit back, have a nice cold one, and join in the community as regular joes instead of joe watchdogs.

This forum brought me very dear friends in the real world, Goran, CatSuit, and other wonderful folks we've met. Thanks for introducing us, Lara, and best of luck to you and our fellow moderators. Looking forward to seeing where you'll take us next.

Cool

=^^= Meow. =^^=
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Sorry to see you all go (especially some of the names I've recognised for so long!), hopefully you'll stick around or keep popping back from time to time

OMG the end of an era indeed. Whenever I've thought of the Eidos moderators, I've always thought of Goran and Cat. You two showed showed your appreciation of my efforts for this forum during a certain incident, and I'll always remember that. John, I have not had many interactions with you, but I know you have been involved with many things here and have been here as long as I can remember. I wish you three well as you set sail, and I hope you will pop in every once in a while and say hello.

As Ruum said, truly the end of an era. I have had the good fortune to have met these wonderful folks out there in the non-cyber world, and they will be sorely missed. Although it DOES look like they are onlu leaving their positions of moderatorship, and will still be here as the faith fans they are. (And just as I am in the process of getting back into the game, too). All the best to them in anything they do going forward.

Deekman
    signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Wow, this comes a bit as a surprise not sure what to say. Shame to see you three leave as over the years you were responsible for the way things were run and always gave good advice.

Hope you still drop by from time to time and best of luck.

Good luck and fair weather both. Your considered judgment and even handedness will be missed.

God Speed.

But...but...will you still be around or are you going for good?
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Cool

It won't be the same without you guys.

*sad wave*
    Make the best of life. C:
    Not that you haven't already, it seems.

Take care, Goran, Catsuit & John Carter...

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    It won't be the same without you guys.

I second this notion.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Wow! All three of you at the same time? This place really won't be the same, you guys were like it's soul. Don't be strangers. You'll be missed. Take care.
    signature image

I rarely got over to the TR side of things (or any side outside DXHR and T4, lol) but you guys are missed! Hope all turns out well for you lot.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

I wondered if this time would ever come... it is a sad day. Goran, thankyou kindly for the name changes you've provided me with over the years and being a general 'End Boss' around the forum as your user-title put it. Cat, thankyou for the replies to PMs and general care for the security and harmony between members. John, I never encountered you... but thankyou anyway.

It's been a good ride guys, good luck with any and all future endavours.
    signature image

A sad day indeed. On behalf of everyone at Eidos and Square Enix I'd like to extend a heartfelt thanks to John, Goran and Cat for the years of dedication and support they gave to Eidos. We're a really lucky company to have had their level or support for so long. They helped to make this forum the place it is and for that we'll always be thankful.

While we're on the topic, I have some news myself. This is my last month working at Eidos. After ten years my last day is the 18th of March. I have decided it's time I move on to pastures new. It's a very difficult decision for me to make because I still love working here, but for my own personal development it's time I seek out some new challenges. Thanks to all of you for your support, it's been a pleasure to work with so many great people on some really great games.

I'll still be popping by to join in the chat about the latest games (and I can't wait to play DX:HR and TR from the other side of the fence!).
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

A fond farewell to you guys.

Thank you for all you have given to this community. You will be missed.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I'm gonna miss our Community Relations guy Keir! I liked your "tours" and pics of various events you took us on. I wish you well also, Keir.

Good luck to all of you. Moving on is often bittersweet, but may it be more of the latter and less of the former in this case .
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

This is such as sad reveal. What a mind-blowing thread.

All four of you have been here since long before I've joined up. Your usernames are synonymous with Eidos, and now it has become a moving end to a joyous era.

Please do stay here as fellow community members. Eidos just wouldn't be the same.
    Saving is fun, kids! Save constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    While we're on the topic, I have some news myself. This is my last month working at Eidos. After ten years my last day is the 18th of March. I have decided it's time I move on to pastures new. It's a very difficult decision for me to make because I still love working here, but for my own personal development it's time I seek out some new challenges. Thanks to all of you for your support, it's been a pleasure to work with so many great people on some really great games.

I'll still be popping by to join in the chat about the latest games (and I can't wait to play DX:HR and TR from the other side of the fence!).
    You to!? One of my favourite Eidos community managers, will miss you as a community guy Keir, however it will be good to know that you'll still be stopping by from time to time. Thankyou for your hard work and dedication over the years at Eidos, and thankyou also for providing one of my favourite quotes of the last decade in regard to putting game-pirates in their place:

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code.

Good luck to you to for whatever the future holds!
    signature image

at the quote :* )

I certainly will stick around. I can't wait to play the forthcoming Eidos label games that are planned
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Wow. The end of an era. It'll be so strange, all of you have been around for as long as I can remember.

Good luck with whatever your future plans are, all of you. You'll be missed.
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I hope Keir doesn't mind if I bend his ear when you guys get on my nerves

Even though I have said my thought elsewhere, thank you all for everything.

Ta-ta!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast