Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ready to disembark

May your journeys be fruitful, and bring great reward and fulfillment...

I'm speechless.

I want to wish to all of you (Goran and CS&P, JC, Keir) all the best in any future endeavors you take, but we all know it's just not going to be the same without you...

Thanks for the many many things you've done for us over the years. Truly appreciated.

I still don't get it, you guys are going for good, never to come back? It sounds so permanent.
    You could still come back and say hi sometime, yes?
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    I still don't get it, you guys are going for good, never to come back? It sounds so permanent.
    You could still come back and say hi sometime, yes?
    My friend, we aren't gone, just taking a knee from modding due to work optempo, and, well, it seemed like a good time to let someone else have a go at it for a while. Wouldn't dream of missing the cool new games coming out, and wouldn't dream of leaving my little home away from home on the web and all the neat people we've met.

Well, it's good that you all will be sticking around to post on the forums, then. Good luck to you all in all of your respective new endeavors and thanks to all of you for all that you've done here, and for Keir, in Eidos' relations beyond the boards.

Thanks for that Mr Carter! From everyone's reaction it sounded like a permanent thing. I know things come to an end and all but it's just gloomy thinking about it
    Just so long as you guys stop by from time to time that'll be good enough

By the way John, I thought you ruled in The Warlord of Mars!!!
    signature image

Such a shock to see the Tomb Raider forums lose most of its staff in one hit. Best of luck for the future to Goran, Cat, John and Keir, and thanks for all you have contributed to the community over the years.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Smile

Thank you all for your kind words. It is much appreciated and makes me feel a little warm inside.

I want to say again, it was a pleasure working here and I will miss it.

It is hard to break a 10 year habbit, so yes, I'll probably stick around.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

I hope we'll be able to get together at Der Wafflehaus, maybe around some lingenberry pancakes?

Do they have waffles on Barsoom???
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    I hope we'll be able to get together at Der Wafflehaus, maybe around some lingenberry pancakes?

Do they have waffles on Barsoom???
    Big, fluffy, Tharkian waffles.

I don't get why everyone is leaving.
    First I heard of Keir now Goran, Cat, John Carter. Is that a coincidence or a deliberate action?

Well, I haven't been hear for a long time so unfortunately we didn't have a chance to get to know each other a bit better but you all will be missed. Thanks for all your effort that you put into creating the best (TR) Forums on the Internet.

Oh I've only just read this.

I have noticed Cat's absence for some time and I miss her Now we are having a mass exodus although I appreciate that all the staff concerned have new pastures and all that so thank you all four of you for your unique styles and the joy you've brought to the forum
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Ha, today is the exact day of my 10 year moderator anniversary.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Happy ex-Anniversary

Wink

Amen to that. Glad you've still got a reminder in your title so that any rude people might think twice before challenging you, the ever-diplomatic Goran
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Thumbs Up

You are saying as if there was any ounce of victory to be had in challenging a moderator , ex or current ...
    Or maybe you are saying what i guess you are saying , in that case you may hear applause from my brethren ...

Whichever the case may be ...
    Is there an election coming up soon for the new top dog or will it all be made internally ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gnrGrievous View Post
    You are saying as if there was any ounce of victory to be had in challenging a moderator , ex or current ...
    Well, there is that one petty guy on one of the other very popular Tomb Raider forums, who has been banned here for intense display of improper behaviour, who tried to start something, but a), no one picked up on it and 2nd, I could not care less what that guy has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by gnrGrievous View Post
    Is there an election coming up soon for the new top dog or will it all be made internally ? ...
    The top dog replacement for Keir will of course be again an Eidos (or Crystal or Square Enix) empoyee.

Lightbulb

An Eidos employee ? ...

Would that include Sir Ian Livingstone ? ...
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Will miss you guys!! It has been a wonderful time You are all awesome!!

Will miss you guys, its sad to see you leave, I like Chriss am a bit flabbergasted that you all leave at a similar time, you hit is with a bomb with that one,

you will all be greatly missed and i hope to still see you around, i think i speak for everyone when i say its been a pleasure interacting with you guys
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Cool

Whoops! Late again.

It certainly won't be the same here any more. But then things have constantly changed here over the years - usually to the betterment of our community.

So, farewell guys (and cats), best wishes for whatever challenges you take on.

See you around.
    Ham and Eggs - a days work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
    signature image

Wow, in AOD Lara's words 'What the hell is going on around here!'

It's hard to imagine the forum without you guys...
    Even though you've been working mostly 'behind the scenes' while I have been here, or so it seemed. Anyway, you've all done a great job running this place, don't let people tell you otherwise. Farewell and take care.
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12