Thread: Those people at Creative Labs need a decent kick in the ...

Thumbs Down Those people at Creative Labs need a decent kick in the ...

for being rude [enter your favorite heavy insult here]s.

I have a Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty in my rigg and just installed Windows7. I downloaded the driver and started the installer. After unzipping all files the installer yells at me "This product does not support Windows7" and ends.

Och

When I went to the device manager and told it to use the temp folder where the "incompatible driver" was unzipped to as a driver source, Windows installed the driver and the sound card works just fine.

NOT SUPPORTED my arse!

Those Creative Labs bastards just decided to try claiming "Sorry, doesn't work with Windows7" and hope that many people actually go out and buy a new sound card for their Windows7.

Those [bleep] [bleep] can [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] and their [bleep] [bleep] can [bleep] my [bleeeeeeeeeeeeep].

... oh, was I on air? Sorry.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

I have the same card and had that problem on Vista, back when I had Vista and my other computer was working Anyway, Vista had that message a lot, even though drivers were fine to use with it. It was Windows' fault back then, so could it also be now? I don't know how things have changed with Windows 7.

I have this same card, and have Windows 7...I don't have any problems with drivers to my knowledge.

Maybe you have a bad card?
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

I know you want to help, but you are not.

The driver works just fine, like I said in my original post. It is the installer (release date 02/16/2011) that is being an arse by refusing to install on Windows7. And that is the thing I was ranting about.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Oh, I must have misread your post. My bad
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Wink

*Cough...splutter...gag*

Norty Goran for using semi-expletives boys and girls

That's a bit of a cop-out if their sole reason is to dupe folks into buying a product that is simply not required.

On a semi-related note but on the flipside of your problem...

Thank gawd I don't utilise my PDA as much as I do since my brother informs me there was practically no support for the Dell Axim X51v shortly after I payed top Dollar for it and they stopped manufacturing it. I've just today managed to get a back-up battery delivered but it isn't a Dell product and will no doubt have the shelf life of a two-day old prawnball in a heatwave

But I can't get an original battery anywhere, it's taken me ages to find this one. It was cheap, but properly packaged, however I doubt it'll go the distance so one has to ask if it's economically viable to buy in several batteries for the duration as opposed to simply discarding the PDA
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Hey Goran, sounds like it's Mac Pro time, try a 12 core
    http://www.apple.com/macpro/
    Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere” (12 cores)
    (sorry, I had to say it)
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

You and Ruum and your "flasher Macs"......
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWHARD View Post
    Hey Goran, sounds like it's Mac Pro time, try a 12 core
    http://www.apple.com/macpro/
    Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere” (12 cores)
    (sorry, I had to say it)
    Right, because Apple is known for treating their customers in all fairness and giving them all the freedom possible within their own computers.

Well, when you dump OSX and go Linux on 'em, of course

all the freedom possible within their own computers
    Yep, all the freedom to be frustrated with a bewildering quagmire of mismatched drivers
    signature image

Seriously? That is what you read out of this? I know you are only half kidding.

More than half
    signature image