Thread: PS3: cannot see online co-op menu?

PS3: cannot see online co-op menu?

Hi,
    I just bought Lara Croft. However, I cannot see any option to play online multiplayer. I only see Multiplayer which is local. Anyone knows the reason?

I thought the online coop is release for ps3 already?

br,
    Yue Weng

The online mode was patched in via an automatic title update a couple of months back, yes. Once it's downloaded and installed, just head to the multiplayer icon and you'll have a list of options that wouldn't appear previously, including Local Multiplayer and the Online Multiplayer modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    The online mode was patched in via an automatic title update a couple of months back, yes. Once it's downloaded and installed, just head to the multiplayer icon and you'll have a list of options that wouldn't appear previously, including Local Multiplayer and the Online Multiplayer modes.
    Thanks for reply. I am using PS3. After my installation is done yesterday, i did not see any auto updates when i enter the game.

When i go to multiplayer icon, i only see "player 1" and "player 2" to assign to lara and totec. I think the company has removed the online coop patch or there is a bug in updating.

I stay in Singapore, (Asia). Could it be the online co-op mode only supported in Europe and US?

I have emailed to UK supported help desk and hope they can do help me up.

Thanks,
    Yue Weng

Oh, I'm not sure about that. I assume you downloaded the game from the Asian PSN. I can assure you that both US and EU versions of the game were patched, but I haven't heard from other territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Oh, I'm not sure about that. I assume you downloaded the game from the Asian PSN. I can assure you that both US and EU versions of the game were patched, but I haven't heard from other territories.
    I just called up Playstation Singapore. They told me that the asia version do not support Online Co-op mode. They do not have any news when it will be supported. Hence, it is user mistake to believe in the news that cover worldwide. I read the description again in the PSN site. It does not says about online coop mode at all. Hence, it is a lesson learnt from me to be careful with the region cover for updates in the news.

im sorry to hear about that my friend..

sony and their stuff sometimes making me angry and imagine that i have a ps3..
    are we sure it's sony's fault and not eidos's..again?
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    im sorry to hear about that my friend..

sony and their stuff sometimes making me angry and imagine that i have a ps3..
    are we sure it's sony's fault and not eidos's..again?
    Not really sure who's fault is it. But I was mislead by the Lara support online coop mode news that as it never mention which region it is supported. Now I will have to leave my game aside temporarily till the patch is out for asia.

I have tested this ps3 problem in at least 2 asia countries and quite sure now that online mode is not supported.