Thread: "Other player left the session" problem!

"Other player left the session" problem!

Hi all,

I bought Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light yesterday. The game is fun, but rather laggy. One of the major problems, is that whenever I try playing it with a friend, it says that the other player left the session and returns us both to the main menu.

At first, we only thought it happened during the cinematics, but it's pretty random. From before we start the game, cinematics, during gameplay and it's compeltely ruining the game for us. We've tried looking this problem up, but can't find any information on it.

We have decided to wait with the game, till they have fixed it. We don't want it to ruin the game for us. Does anyone have the same problems or have a solution for it?

Cheers.

Bump.

First of all, when you share a problem, you ALWAYS have to tell us the platform you're playing on.

I'm assuming you're playing on a PC, because I have it on PC, too and I played online - didn't have the same problem as you, but the game is really laggy!

The only thing that I can tell you is that we can only hope they release a patch soon that fixes that. I forwarded this thread to Keir, maybe he'll tell us good news...

GO to settings and turn off shadows, if your computer is half decent then it should stop lagging after that

as for the "other players left the session", I notice that it happens a lot in first 2 chapters then it doesn't happen anymore

It keeps happening in the lobby though, so it's pretty hard to even start the game. They sitll haven't fixed it and my friend and I are still waiting. We'll give third chapter a chance.

Bump. Still no fix for the game. It always happens in the lobby, a few seconds after another player has joined. The second time someone joins, it works, till I either open the inventory or I find a relic. Those are usually the things that keep disconnecting us.

Okay, I think I've found the solution for you people. I messed around with it, with my friend, trying various solutions.

Apparently, it's the Vsync that's messing up the game. Don't disable Vsync! If you have it disabled, it'll make you lose connection to others, so make sure it's always on. It fixed the game both for me and my friend.