Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLC Information Thread: availability, pricings and more

Exclamation DLC Information Thread: availability, pricings and more

Sadly, none of the DLC add new achievements or trophies, so if you already have 100% completion and that's all you care for, there's little for you here. The challenge packs bring small, teaser levels with ideas that were not used in the main games (no denying that some act like fillers though). They all have their own mission challenges, and while these will not earn you any new weapons, relics or artifacts, they might still prove to be quite challenging. The bottomline is: these packs were specifically tailored for the fans who just can't get enough Lara Croft. Curiously, the Challenge Packs don't offer support even for online leaderboards.

Challenge Pack 2 is the only one that's not available through all the platforms the game was released on. Despite the game getting an early release on Xbox Live through Summer of Arcade, Xbox Live users will not be able to buy this DLC due to unforeseen issues, according to Karl Stewart.

*In spite of the delayed online coop patch, each platform got one DLC for free for the first 30 days after its actual release. Xbox Live players were offered Challenge Pack 1, while Playstation Network and Steam users received Challenge Pack 2.

**Exclusively available for Xbox Live Gold members on its first week.

Here's a list of the levels included in each challenge pack as well as the requirements for meeting the mission challenges.

All The Trappings - Challenge Pack 1
    Four new challenge maps filled with hordes of undead enemies and devious traps you must maneuver and exploit to survive. 'Double Crossings' is an interesting take at navigational puzzles, and 'Tooth and Nail', goes the exact opposite direction as you have to open gates while always on the move before the deadly spikes pierce your character. 'Temple Defense' is a vanilla survival challenge and 'Crushing Expectations' puts you on a trap hallway, where collapsing floors, dropping boulders and crushing walls put your dexterity to test. [File size: 82 MB]

• Double Crossings
      • Escape in 3:30 or less
      • Escape in 3:00 or less
      • Escape in 2:30 or less

• Tooth and Nail
      • Escape in 4:30 or less
      • Escape in 3:30 or less
      • Escape in 1:30 or less

• Temple Defense
      • Score 200,000 points
      • Score 350,000 points
      • Score 500,000 points

• Crushing Expectations
      • Score 30,000 points
      • Score 45,000 points
      • Score 60,000 points

Things That Go Boom - Challenge Pack 2
    Four new explosive challenge maps featuring a variety of tense puzzles, deadly traps, and relentless combat encounters. 'Ill Valley' and 'Madness River' are two survival challenges. The first one sees the characters in a multi-layered arena that gets progressively covered in poison so the players must move to higher grounds if they want to survive. 'Mayan Mini-Golf' is pretty much self-explaining: you must roll a ball through a rather complicated path (spikes, poison pods etc) until you can drop it into a hole and finish the level. There are lots of physics involved in this one, and plenty of poison to keep you on your toes. Finally, in 'Blast Lifts' you have to use bombs to power launch platforms to reach higher areas. Quite inventive and there's nothing like it in the main game. [File size: 94 MB]

• Ill Valley
      • Score 300,000 points
      • Score 320,000 points
      • Score 360,000 points

• Madness River
      • Score 100,000 points
      • Score 110,000 points
      • Score 130,000 points

• Mayan Mini-Golf
      • Escape in 4:00 or less
      • Escape in 2:00 or less

• Blast Lifts
      • Escape in 1:30 or less
      • Escape in 1:00 or less

Hazardous Reunion - Challenge Pack 3
    Four new challenge maps featuring mind-boggling puzzles, waves of intense combat action, and a fiery reunion with an old friend. 'Leglion's Lair' is a survival challenge. Its arena is rather expansive and there are plenty of trap devices to use against the hordes of enemies - at some point even Leglion himself shows up. 'Puzzle Soup' breaks the pace, offering a handful of new physics based puzzles in a row. With 'Firefighters' you're back to non-stop action in another survival challenge, in an arena with more fire traps you could ever hope for. The final challenge level, 'Lava Chompy', is pretty much the main game Chompy level on steroids and on fire. It works the same way as before, but it's entirely different - even the way you dispose of the giant monster. [File size: 101 MB]

• Leglion's Lair
      • Score 150,000 points
      • Score 180,000 points
      • Score 200,000 points

• Puzzle Soup
      • Escape in 4:00 or less
      • Escape in 2:00 or less

• Firefighters
      • Score 160,000 points
      • Score 190,000 points
      • Score 210,000 points

• Lava Chompy
      • Score 60,000 points
      • Score 80,000 points
      • Score 100,000 points

Kane and Lynch - Character Pack
    Grab a friend or go at it alone as gaming’s most notorious criminals find themselves in Lara Croft’s world and must work together to fight their way out. [File size: 192 MB]

Raziel and Kain - Character Pack
    Grab a friend or go at it alone as Kain and Raziel from the Legacy of Kain games. The two iconic characters must work together to defeat a new threat in an unfamiliar world. [File size: 214 MB]

Both character packs allow you to play through the main campaign (they're not compatible with the Challenge Packs). Although weapons and gameplay properties remain the same (Kane and Raziel replacing Lara while Lynch and Kain take on Totec's role), the characters have their own voices. Some of the cutscenes are altered slightly, especially the intros and endings. It's reported that the audio is recycled from the source games, though.

Also, sadly, you can't mix and match characters - so you can't have Lara Croft and Kain go at it for instance. None of the character packs have alternate/unlockable outfits either.

Things that go boom - pack 2 is on Steam and it is for free.

When clicking on the DLC page on Steam it says:
    There is no downloadable content available for this game.

Hey Treeble, got some info for a couple of DLCs.
    All the Trappings came out on October 27th.
    Oh yeah, A Hazardous Reunion Challenge Pack 3 came out on 8/12/2010 and Raziel & Kain Character Pack on 15/12/2010.

That's all for XLIVE and they all cost 400 points.

Great idea! I see that these guys have a thing for staggering everything they release in regards to LCGoL. First the game itself, then the online co-op patch & now each & every dlc. Conkers!!!

This post is very useful!
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

the iPhone Support DLCs (see Resident evil 4) but CD release DLC for iPhone? i don't think so... btw i have the game on iPhone and its amazing!

Thanks for posting this Treeble, I had been incredibly confused as to the contents and availability of the different DLCs.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

F**k Microsoft. I'm done with their insanely high prizes for DLC's.

Quote Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 View Post
    F**k Microsoft. I'm done with their insanely high prizes for DLC's.
    I'm with you!!

Oh yeah, PS3 players, you're not *in' anymore, you got all DLCs before XLIVE...

I can't believe that Kane & Lynch Character Pack is GOLD EXCLUSIVE FREE... Are you effing kidding me!?!?!?

Oh yeah. Treeble, you can add Kane & Lynch Character Pack to XLIVE, it was released on 22/12/2010 and it's GOLD EXCLUSIVE FREE...

Thanks for the info Angelus. Just saw the European PSN update as well, updated the first post accordingly.

It seems that what goes around does come around, eh? I find it funny that XBL got the game a month earlier than the PSN, the whole Summer of Arcade deal and stuff, and then when it comes down to the DLC, Microsoft couldn't care less.

Xbox360 players!!!! Kane & Lynch Character Pack is now free for all players!! Download it soon cause we don't know how long it will be free...

At last u got it too..a bit too late but ok
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

I was actually going to post a reply to the topic, but since there was that never ending (and uncalled for) argument going on, I didn't think it was worth it. Thank you for posting the heads up nevertheless... I think what Denis.TF meant is that XBL got the DLC late, not that you did.

So, now it's down to one DLC for Xbox Live and then basically all DLCs on Steam. It's a bit sad to see how much of a struggle the DLC releases have been, but it seems to be slowly coming to an end.

Release kain & raziel on steam already

this guy angelus piccolo..duhh
    i was going to reply but treeble did somehow more nicely

I've got a question, will other DLCs ever be available on Steam?
    It's January! Weren't we supposed to get all DLCs before Christmas?
    I'd appreciate any official statement on this matter.

Please please please Hana And Rain of Fear Effect Inferno pack

I've just seen that Steam has received the previously missing DLCs. Only Challenge Pack 2 on XBL to go now. I'll update the first post with the level names and their challenges over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I've just seen that Steam has received the previously missing DLCs. Only Challenge Pack 2 on XBL to go now. I'll update the first post with the level names and their challenges over the weekend.
    Great news! Downloading now...

Yay finally

I wonder why challenge pack #2 is paid though.

Also, they should make a DLC pack so it´s cheaper for the ones who want the whole deal.

I think PS3 players can look up to us, Xbox players. They got all of the DLCs before us, and we aren't bit-chin' like them! Ha!

There was that one guy though, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    There was that one guy though, remember?
    I can think of at least 3...

So... what's the reason Xbox 360 doesn't get Challenge Pack #2??

Tell eidos..and those guys here who defending them

Quote Originally Posted by Forsythia View Post
    So... what's the reason Xbox 360 doesn't get Challenge Pack #2??
    The reason Live hasn't got Challenge Pack 2 is because MS told Eidos to get lost after the complete mess they made of the release of GoL.

All Eidos cared about is money and not the people who without there wouldn't be any company us gamers.

All they wanted to do was release the game for Lives garbage Summer Of Arcade and in the process giving us an unfinished game and broken promises.

So by the time they got the DLC's out no one was playing the game and a very fed up MS just told them to get lost as they wern't making anything on them.

It is a pity no games magazine or site gives out prizes for the biggest screw up of the year as Eidos deserve it for this mess.

You aren't missing anything on the Challenge Packs anyway. I tried the first one and all I can say is what a mess. It was as boring as heck! It was free and I still feel ripped off. I couldn't wait to delete that garbage from my Xbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast