Thread: Can't buy LCatGOL as a gift

Can't buy LCatGOL as a gift

I just got home from a visit with a class of 75 High School Classmate after 35 years. He likes first person or 3rd person shooting games on his Sony PS3 and has been trying to get his wife interested in coop and such but his wife doesn't like the aiming aspect...she just is not any good at it. However, she is totally addicted to WOW and is very good at it, plus she is really into female hero characters.

LCatGOL is perfect for them...they would be able to share their emotional bonds with computer gaming which now they cannot do. LCatGOL has the action that my classmate likes and the control interface similar to WOW. Plus, she likes almost anything with female characters.

So...I stop at Fry's electronics on my way home to see purchase a gift of LCatGOL. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist. So, now my great gift idea is dead and they would most likely never purchase that game on their own because she's totally only playing WOW and he's totally playing only military style First Person Shooters and some game where you shoot characters into the air to fall on buildings and such.

Eidos is being so stupid by not allowing us to buy this game retail. I totally hope they learn from this horrible mistake and provide way for us to purchase a retail release of the upcoming Dues Ex and Thief games at least for gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll View Post
    I just got home from a visit with a class of 75 High School Classmate after 35 years. He likes first person or 3rd person shooting games on his Sony PS3 and has been trying to get his wife interested in coop and such but his wife doesn't like the aiming aspect...she just is not any good at it. However, she is totally addicted to WOW and is very good at it, plus she is really into female hero characters.

LCatGOL is perfect for them...they would be able to share their emotional bonds with computer gaming which now they cannot do. LCatGOL has the action that my classmate likes and the control interface similar to WOW. Plus, she likes almost anything with female characters.

So...I stop at Fry's electronics on my way home to see purchase a gift of LCatGOL. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist. So, now my great gift idea is dead and they would most likely never purchase that game on their own because she's totally only playing WOW and he's totally playing only military style First Person Shooters and some game where you shoot characters into the air to fall on buildings and such.

Eidos is being so stupid by not allowing us to buy this game retail. I totally hope they learn from this horrible mistake and provide way for us to purchase a retail release of the upcoming Dues Ex and Thief games at least for gifts.
    you can do game Share (its this legal???) with ur friend...

ya it is illegal ivan and i got my account banned from here because of it.. so let's not provoke him on illegal activities..he can buy a psn card at a game store and gift it to his friend and tell him to go and download gol that's not illegal..
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    ya it is illegal ivan and i got my account banned from here because of it.. so let's not provoke him on illegal activities..he can buy a psn card at a game store and gift it to his friend and tell him to go and download gol that's not illegal..
    Ok Thanks for the advice

And Steam has the option "buy as gift".

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    And Steam has the option "buy as gift".
    Uhm...I'm not totally stupid...I've been using Steam for over a decade now and yes...I can buy games for friends on Steam. Apparently I didn't make it clear enough....my friend does not play games on a PC...he's using a playstation in the living room where both him and his girl hang out and they have a 60" plasma display. There is not enough room in their computer room for both of them to play on a relatively tiny 19" screen.

I don't understand what the psn card is...could someone explain? Is it just a gift card with a dollar value? If so then that's not the same...I want to purchase the actual game as a gift for my friend...if I wanted to give him money I could just send him a check or a gift card.

Uhm...I'm not totally stupid...I've been using Steam for over a decade now and yes...I can buy games for friends on Steam. Apparently I didn't make it clear enough....my friend does not play games on a PC...he's using a playstation in the living room where both him and his girl hang out and they have a 60" plasma display. There is not enough room in their computer room for both of them to play on a relatively tiny 19" screen.

I don't understand what the psn card is...could someone explain? Is it just a gift card with a dollar value? If so then that's not the same...I want to purchase the actual game as a gift for my friend...if I wanted to give him money I could just send him a check or a gift card.
    Yea a PSN card is like a gift card to be used on the PlayStation Network. Maybe you can sneak into their house and secretly download it to their PS3 using a PSN gift card? What's wrong with a gift card anyways? My point is, if you don't think they would buy it themselves, what is it going to help with you buying it for them? The gift card at least gives them the option to buy it, or something else they like. Just sayin'.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    Yea a PSN card is like a gift card to be used on the PlayStation Network. Maybe you can sneak into their house and secretly download it to their PS3 using a PSN gift card? What's wrong with a gift card anyways? My point is, if you don't think they would buy it themselves, what is it going to help with you buying it for them? The gift card at least gives them the option to buy it, or something else they like. Just sayin'.
    A gift card is great if you want to allow someone to buy what they wanted. The problem is that they won't buy LCatGOL because he's the only one that plays the PS3 and he isn't interested in any Lara Croft games, but he is interested in getting his girl friend playing the PS3 with him. LCatGOL is perfect for his girl, but she doesn't like playing the PS3 because all of my friend's games have aiming required and he is very good at it so she doesn't get to do much except watch...she doesn't even know that games with controls similar to WoW exist. LCatGOL happens to be a perfect game where they both would have fun...together, in fact she might even be better than him because the targeting process is something she is very familiar with.

The ONLY way they will "give it a try" will be if they have it sitting there in front of them...they have way too many doubts that a game would satisfy both of their desires...point and click targeting for her, and movement and shooting action for him.

Yeah buy them a PSN giftcard of how much the game is and when u give them it tell them about the problem and tell them the name of the game and how 2 purchase it. x

Sorry, it wasn´t that clear for me

Rockn-Roll, your out of luck, as you know you can gift a game on steam, but not on EITHER console. you might want to check your local game stores to see if they have a game card for LC: GoL, I have not seen one but I haven't been looking either.

Also you might see if you can get a game code from Amazon or other digital distubutors.