Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kain's Lament: Fan Art

Thanks, Nessdark

By the way, I am totally listening to LoK music while musing over my creation here. I did so while creating it, to the point I was getting overwhelmed by the music, but I am back to just being able to hear it and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Thanks, Nessdark

By the way, I am totally listening to LoK music while musing over my creation here. I did so while creating it, to the point I was getting overwhelmed by the music, but I am back to just being able to hear it and enjoy it
    Heheh, you should see how much I over(ab)use Ozar Midrashim in like.. everything.
    "Hope."

speaking of ozar....man i replay that and the dialogue from the lok games ALL THE TIME!!/EVERY DAY!!

I need a life........lol
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by majinkura View Post
    I need a life........lol
    Then take one! Raziel and Kain took lots all the time.
    "Hope."

Well, since I don't think anyone else wants to venture a guess on where I placed Kain and Raziel, I guess I'll reveal it.

I put them here:

This at the bottom of the lake around the Sarafan Stronghold in SR2. It leads to the Light Forge above on the other side also. You see the remnants of columns that have eroded from the lake over however long ago the water encroached in on this place. I tried to show it when it was intact, before the lake ever was, and before the Stronghold was built. So, if you picture just slightly from the left is where we are and lower, that's the angle we're seeing this in my piece. Kain and Raziel are standing right on the innermost circle. I tried to show the channels leading out to the outer edge with the blood from the dead Sarafan in the lower right, there, and to make this more raised than in the picture, as it's just a texture instead of a true carving in stone. Like I said, though, the enemies cover a lot of the clues up, so it was hard to spot.

I didn't notice that second piece you did until now. That's really good. It looks good enough to have been Defiance promotional art. I'm serious.
    Oh, and the first one was great too of course!

Bastard! (sure I can use that word) ... I did not see that one coming. You're certainly right about the enemies Hylden - had a couple of those corpses fallen in slightly different places the symbols would have been simple to pick out; as it is it's a kick-yourself moment.
    I must say that knowing that it's an interpretation of the SR2 Spirit Forge makes it all the better - makes that 'dead' forge seem so alive and full of atmosphere. I now officially wish I'd seen it in it's full glory.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Thanks, Squid, Corlagon, Bazielim . I agree that Squid never makes it dull around here Alas, both you and Bazielim are incorrect as to where Kain and Raziel are. To be fair, some of the hints that could make it easier are being covered up by all of the enemies.

Edit: Also, for those whom may be so inclined, I've made a desktop version of this as well, at 1920x1080.

(click image to enlarge)
    I officially love you for this. My wallpaper as of now!

Now if only someone could do a wallpaper as awesome as this glorifying the Hylden race, with the Hylden Lord in the center. I have a fondness for them.

Or a battle scene between the Ancients and Hylden!
    Yes, I'm the same Viperic Vampire from YouTube, deviantART, Legacy of Kain: Prodigal Sons and my own website!

Thanks, Zulgbrtzchllha

And sorry 'bout that, Bazielim. I didn't really intend it to be so covered up, but when you start filling things in you realize more of the background than you thought winds up getting lost. I thought that at least one of the symbols back there with the Moebius loop in it would come through, but there's just so much going on. Yeah this place was too interesting just to be left to a random spot under a lake, so at least I gave it a little love

Glad you're liking the walpaper, Viperic Vampire. I like the concepts you're talking about and, certainly with my forum namesake, it would make sense for me to do a piece involving the Hylden. If I get come free time in the future, I'll try.

hey Hylden, I showed both your lok artworks to Daniel Cabuco earlier today - he said "not bad ".

^__^ im telling you - you and darkangelsin are becoming my top contenders for best lok fanartists!!
    (thinking of changing my DA journal to reflect this)
    signature image

Hey, majinkura. Thanks for that. I am honored to have that compliment from Daniel Cabuco. And the continued support and praise from you It's completely great that his work inspired me in the first place to do the first piece (not to mention the whole game art/character/environment/world design in the games that he's done)

Thank you and him, most certainly

much obliged Hylden!

signature image

I didn't realize how long it's been since I made a painting for LoK... Today's the day for artwork, though

I give you:

Rion's Lesson of the Day

(click image to enlarge)

A request from Majinkura, featuring her character, Rion.

She wanted her depicted with Kain and Raziel in battle/with their swords out, so I came up with this. I last depicted Kain and Raziel in his wraith form in a more hybrid illustrated/painterly style. Back with Kain's Lament, I went with more straight painterly. It's been a long time and my style and what I'm growing to like has changed. I really went for as detailed as I could get this time.

So, I'm thinking that this is sort of Kain making sure Raziel teaches his new fledgling the right way. Today's lesson: how to feed properly. As you can see, Rion's a little overzealous, lol I imagined Kain saying in this moment:

"Take control of your pet, Raziel. Teach her the proper way to feed."

Majinkura's notes were that Kain barely tolerates her, heh

There are a lot of little details to spot for the die-hard fan (as always). I hope you enjoy Photoshop with Wacom Tablet. Oh, this was the first time ever drawing/painting Lieutenant Raziel. I've always been meaning to do so, so that's a plus.

Oh, and to this:

Quote Originally Posted by VipericVampire View Post
    Now if only someone could do a wallpaper as awesome as this glorifying the Hylden race, with the Hylden Lord in the center. I have a fondness for them.

Or a battle scene between the Ancients and Hylden!
    In the works Should be done in a couple of weeks.

Remarkable.
    "Hope."

Wow TheHylden I think I've died and gone to fanart heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    Wow TheHylden I think I've died and gone to fanart heaven!
    make that a DOUBLE!
    signature image

Man, your art is so good. I love all the little details you put in (I noticed Raziel's sword for example). I wish I could draw that well. I'm also looking forward to your art depicting the Hylden. Have you ever played any Planescape? I'd love to see what you could do based on that.

Thanks, Zulgbrtzchllha. I enjoyed doing that sword, too. However, I did have to kind of guess a little on the detail. I don't have the Lt. Raziel figure (shame) so I had to get what I could from picures of it online. I was able to get quite a lot; it's a really interesting design.

I haven't played PLanescape, but maybe one day.

I don't have the Lt. Raziel figure (shame) so I had to get what I could from picures of it online.
    aww! you could have asked me for pics of the figures since i have most of them.
    signature image

Well, it's fine. I was happy with the look of the sword and of the twin blades for Rion. Let the ol' imagination go for it on those. If you notice, the hilts are little vampire bat skulls with bat ears and bony wings spreading out. The blade is housed in the "skin" of the bat-like creature.

i noticed every little goody you threw in there!
    those blades must hurt tho...probably even more then the SR itself!(aside from the soul/blood sucking ability of the reaver.)
    signature image

I asked you about your arts a while back didn't I? And then I went absent. Took me a while to find the thread again...

I like it, your style suits LoK and SR pretty well. Might I ask what program you prefer to use for your colouring and lighting? I can't tell if it might be PS or Painter or something else... and how long you spend making your works?

Hi, Inquisitor Lexy Glad to see you about. I use Photoshop (Elements). As for how long it takes, I am sure others might agree it takes too long. Something as big as these works here have taken me the better part of a month, working most days 6 hours, or so.

I think it probably takes 4 days, or so, per character. The background and all the little details takes a bunch for me to get right how I want it.

I've been working on a new piece that I stopped a while back, which has taken me a lot longer, but I'm battling a sleep problem.

I had to stop working on the painting and a lot of other things. It's just hard to concentrate for too long. I'm currently doing better, at least enough I'm back to doing this painting. It's like 2/3s done right now, so I'm hoping I'm not jinxing myself and I can get it done soon...

And I hope soon to get this treated finally.

A lot of my art-related friends are using Elements too... interesting. I had it a few years ago... all I remember using it for was for putting effects onto fonts, but I remember it had a lot of cool features I never even messed with much. I'm just getting a handle on Photoshop CS myself after having had it for about six years and not liking it at all till now.

P.S. I added you to my DeviantArt stalk list - I'm "Lexehh" on there.

Arts always take me too long as well, although now I give it a cut-off point of about three days. If I think I'm still struggling after that, I just lose hope with the piece and probably abandon it. I did it in the effort to force myself to learn to create impressions faster with the image, like speed painting I guess, but I still fail miserably at that - and also to learn when to stop 'adding' to something and just leave it be.

It's a disposition thing I think - if you are patient and like to work on a painting over time it's theraputic. So maybe it's good for you that you've got something to go back to when you feel like it. I'm just incredibly impatient with my own drawings and I want them done before the picture fades in my brain. I'm kind of an insomniac too atm, but I've been using that time to read or make arts, in the hope my eyeballs will fall out from staring and it'll get me to sleep faster. . .

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast