Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EIDOS---Here it is...9 days later

1)The game is mostly finished, still with a large amount of content yet to be released.
    2)CD is in charge of fixing/making the games, Eidos doesn't have a hand in that.
    3)This game got fantastic reviews, which should help Lara.
    4) I agree people should calm down. But then the rest of it makes no sense, other than being strange.

Are you that same Denis who had 2 other accounts that both got banned?
    signature image

isn't it great im back pulse? aw and so whatever blame cd for the delay then..if the game isn't unfinished pulse..how can u explain the glitches that many people are having? and don't say it's not unfinished because everyone knows it got rushed for the summer arcade thing of xbox..
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Here is the last official statement that I remember & this was posted back on 22nd September 2010 by Keir:

Hi. On behalf of Crystal we're sorry the online co-op isn't available from day one. Obviously this isn't ideal. Tons of work has been going on behind the scenes. The key thing is we want the online co-op to be as good as possible, so we're not going to release it until it's ready. Thanks very much for your patience, everyone. In the meantime you can play local co-op which is tons of fun. I'll keep you all updated with the progress on this front and the update will of course be free.
    Thank you for understanding the point of my thread...(unlike the fanboys who immediately get on here to defend this...).

All I want is an update...and i'll be happy. These fanboys need to read the title before lashing out...

I said 9 days later (after ps3 launch) to show that we would like to know what is going on presently...and the stage of the update...

Here it is...11 days later...still waiting on an official update...

Thank you blue skies for posting their quote. Nice to see that they said they would keep us updated...i'm pretty sure that they will update us the day of the release of co-op... just from my experience of them so far...I wouldn't be suprised.

Like I said, I just came from the MAG community where the devs care/respond/suggest/update regularly...i'm not used to being ignored...

the problem is..they said it a week before it released in psn and you learning it now..we have no news since 22 of september and that's it

With all the flak flying around this forum, it looks like they have battened down the hatches & are waiting for the storm to abate.

It is best to assume that they are beavering away on the online patch for PS3, 360 & PC (no small feat).

We had an update from Keir about 2 weeks ago & it is best to assume that there is nothing new to report yet. I am sure they will update us when they are sure that they have cracked it
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

and im sure im straight but somehow i like men..whatever i just will play something else until that released..anyway its good think. im lucky i dont have any gliches, bugs so far lv 6

Making games is hard. CD haven't done online multiplayer before. It's most likely a lot of hard work. So we should just be patient, yo.

It's fabulous your back, Denis.
    signature image

13 days and counting!

Third time's the charm Denis.

yeah no news..let's see their respect on their customers

Hi everyone.

I've been out of the office recently (having moved back from California) so sorry for the delayed response.

I am chasing up news on this and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meanwhile if anyone has any particular questions, please feel free to drop me a Private Message and I'll do my best to help.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Good to hear you're back!

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    Hi everyone.

I've been out of the office recently (having moved back from California) so sorry for the delayed response.

I am chasing up news on this and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meanwhile if anyone has any particular questions, please feel free to drop me a Private Message and I'll do my best to help.
    It's great you're back!! Please, just give us some news about the DLC...

I was going to make a new post but it was probably pretty obvious I wouldn't have to.

I have just come here to express my discontent for the game designers of Lara Croft GoL.
    So me any my American friend were looking for some new online co-op games to play and we both purchased Lara Croft GoL as it is advertised with Online Co-oprative 1-2 Players. After purchasing we both start the game only to find that we had just been lied to and there is no online co-op. I only discover after a few internet searches that it has been delayed until ????

This is not acceptable in anyway, It is false advertisement and anyone wishing to take action against whoever is responsible can as you have consumer rights that have been broken as you/we bought something under false pretenses... It was inaccurately advertised/described.

I am getting very fed up with games companies releasing game before they are even ready! Why give us something half baked, but I guess we only find this out after buying this their incomplete junk so they likely don't care much at all once they have our hard earned money in their pockets.

Another example of a game being released incomplete is Halo Reach, Online matchmaking is to be released on the 19th which is incredibly annoying but at least you can still play online co-op if your in a party and at least they have given us a date, that doesn't make it acceptable, but tolerable on a one off.

I don't see Lara Croft GoL co-op coming any time soon... maybe never. Who knows.
    If it was advertised without online co-op I wouldn't of minded as I wouldn't have been lied to when handing over my money but then if it was advertised without online co-op I wouldn't of bought this as that was the only reason I wanted the damn game, They are probably fully aware of that so they leave it there to continue fooling people into giving eidos or who ever their money.

Disgraceful behaviour and yes they say its delayed because they want to make sure we have the best online experience possible, well shoot, If thats the case, don't release the game until it is ready!!! Its so simple, its like somebody must of said "Hey have you guys finished making Lara Croft GoL?"... "no, were still working on it"... "ok, were just going to release it anyway, as long as we have those idiots money in our pockets, who cares?". Its unbelievable that they would F up this much.

So thankyou for stealing my money under false pretenses, I'll be sure to recommend you guys to all my friends and people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis_Majoris View Post
    thankyou for stealing my money under false pretenses
    Good luck with that argument buddy. I would pay to see a picture of Eidos robbing your bank account without your knowledge to pay for this game. I'm not sure how you expected to be "informed" of the delay, but that isn't the responsibility of whoever you downloaded the game from. In today's day and age you have to be sensible enough to find out from the Internet (where the news travels the fastest) what the latest scoop is.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say they 'stole' his money and he should sue or whatever lol BUT if we're choosing sides.. I'd say that "still" advertising the game as having online co-op as a selling point is COMPLETELY misleading.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/laracroftgolxbla/

Co-op action: Guardian of Light is the first ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft with fully cooperative online and offline story mode.

I mean if he's in the marketplace browsing the game and saw that.. he has no reason to go research further online expecting complications.

I'm just irritated at the screwjob cuz my friends and I saw this game and got excited to play it together online since like 5 months ago. I'm from the PS3 side and out of nowhere I had to find out they sold me out to Crapbox 360 for a couple months of exclusivity.. then I had to find out like 3 days before PSN launch there'd be no online co-op yet.. but hey at least that the "Xbox" online would be patched in 'soon'? But then it's 2 more weeks of zero word/announcement on progress for any platform?

Just.. foul way to turn my excitement for the game into a sour, waiting-for-nothing experience.

lol in all honesty though I just wanted to rant.. I'll just go play something else for now.. but for real dude.. get it together and do get around to completing what (to me) was the key feature/selling-point ASAP? Thanks!

It cannot be denied that advertising the online co-op support on Xbox Marketplace from the original launch day until now is VERY WRONG!!! I can imagine that lots of people who made the purchase to play with their online buddies feel duped. Check out the ranting posts over on xbox.com for proof. You have to feel sorry for them.
    signature image

well im a ps3 user as well and doesn't like xbox but the game released early for the microsoft arcade thing in order to be a part of it..as for the delay it's not a big deal for me because there are better co op games out to keep me busy..as for the stealing thing..u bough that "crap" as u said. i wouldn't buy craps if i were you and relax a bit..the way you feel makes me thinking you have no life!

Quote Originally Posted by Canis_Majoris View Post
    So thankyou for stealing my money under false pretenses, I'll be sure to recommend you guys to all my friends and people in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post
    Good luck with that argument buddy. I would pay to see a picture of Eidos robbing your bank account without your knowledge to pay for this game.

Cry me a river... All $15 is lost! At least on the bright side, it looks like they left you a receipt, Canis.

so sad..poor piggy

Hey, don't blame the Devs and CD for the business decisions being made. The Devs made a brilliant game and they love the fans and they love Tomb Raider. But they don't make the business decisions. If you want to blame someone, blame those making the business decisions, not the Devs. The Devs are the best in the world at what they do. Those they work for, well, let's not go there

Following up on my previous post, here are just a couple of example threads from xbox.com. There are now quite a lot of unhappy gamers out there:

http://forums.xbox.com/34554526/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/34409077/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/34426757/ShowPost.aspx
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post

Cry me a river... All $15 is lost! At least on the bright side, it looks like they left you a receipt, Canis.
    Thats pretty damn funny Maybe stolen was the wrong word but it certainly feels that way but it certainly sold under false pretenses.

I have contacted Trading Standards (BBB in US)... flase advertisement, we'll see how this goes.

days passing..no news..! better support naughty dog

Keir has already stated that he is chasing this up (scroll up the page a little).
    signature image

what to do the chase? omg..it's been 20 days now since the delay announced..i mean come on..no respect on their customers at all and all we hear after 20+ days is..i chasing for news??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast