Thread: Jumping bug [PC]

Jumping bug [PC]

Hi, Ive discovered pretty crucial bug of PC version which makes playing of this wonderful game really irritating.

Its about diagonal jumping (which happens a lot, doesnt it) and the thing is that 3 ways are working and 4th is not. I mean when I press S+D+Space I jump bottom right, when I press A+S+Space I jump bottom left, when I press W+D+Space I jump top right and guess what happens when I press W+A+Space? Nothing, thats what happens. I can only run in this direction but I cant jump in it, which is pretty harming in terms of gameplay. I can only jump in that direction if I let go of the W key right before Im about to jump.

I hope this gets fixed really soon as it is making the game almost unplayable sometimes.

Im running the game on Vista x64 system & logitech MX 3200 Set with Logitech Setpoint application active.

Finally I find something on this problem, & nobody's responding to it. I guess that means this is a rare problem, and we are just out of luck.

The exact same thing happens to me, although I'm using the arrow keys instead of WASD. I also tried letting go of one of the keys as I jump, but I can't get it to work consistently.

I'm running Win7 x64, with a standard USB keyboard. I've got an E8400 processor @ 3.0Ghz, and a 1GB 8800GT video card.

Otherwise, the game runs flawlessly on my system.

Oh, and I'm playing the demo version. I don't know if this problem is exclusive to the demo, but I certainly don't intend to buy the full game unless I can be sure.

ANSWER: Buy a good keyboard. Some cheap keyboards are limited to the amount of keys that can be pressed at the same time.

I have no problems jumping in any of those directions...

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
    ANSWER: Buy a good keyboard. Some cheap keyboards are limited to the amount of keys that can be pressed at the same time.

I have no problems jumping in any of those directions...
    If that were the issue, it would affect ALL diagonal jumps: not just up-left. I use 3-4 key combinations all the time with no problem. The other Tomb Raiders have much more complicated combinations than this.

Apparently the hardware issue is more complicated than that. See new reply below.

I have E8400 and 9800GTX...

This is strange; what happened to the rest of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangy View Post
    Im running the game on Vista x64 system & logitech MX 3200 Set with Logitech Setpoint application active.
    Gangy: somebody posted a reply that has since been deleted for some reason. Check out the "Keyboard - Hardware" forum on the Logitech website, look for "W+A+Space MX3200 issue" Apparently your keyboard has an issue with that specific key combination.

I tested mine by mapping "jump" to a different key, and found that it works. This is a resolution I'm comfortable with because I don't usually use Space for "jump" anyway, but I don't know if it would work for you.

I wish I could give you the name of the forum user who found this information to give him credit, but as I said, his replies and my reply to him have been deleted with no explanation. How does that happen?

Oh, I see
    I checked it and it really is issue of my keyboard, well at least ill finally go get some new one already...

Btw why the hell would anybody delete the only posts clearing this issue out? Seriously mods, wtf?

But thanks anyway guys, I finally know what was the cause.