Thread: [PC] Where are the save files?

[PC] Where are the save files?

Yesterday, when I was playing on Spider Tomb, the game crashed and my saved games were corrupted. I was trying to find the save files on my HD, but didn't find them yet.

Does anyone know where they are? I want to make backups at the next time I play this game.

Thanks for any help!!

they are not kept on your pc they are held on the steam server. I'm afraid it's one of the down sides to steam, just like you never actually own the game.

That's why I'm not really keen on downloadable games.

You don't have to use the "cloud server" option. Just open your Steam Library, right-click Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and choose Properties. Then under the Updates tab, un-check "Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization...". Then the game should store the saves on your hard drive.

I'm not sure if the save file locations are the same on all versions of Windows, but on my Win 7 system, they're in Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\69720781\35130\remote.

So far I haven't experienced any game-killing glitches, but I've been backing up my saves frequently. I also have a friend working on beating all the challenges in each level as he goes along. I'll be posting those on my site soon, but if anyone needs a particular save in the mean time, just let me know.

EDIT 10/29/10: Just posted saves for each level at http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/...alk/saves.html.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

Quote Originally Posted by stellalune View Post
    You don't have to use the "cloud server" option. Just open your Steam Library, right-click Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and choose Properties. Then under the Updates tab, un-check "Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization...". Then the game should store the saves on your hard drive.

I'm not sure if the save file locations are the same on all versions of Windows, but on my Win 7 system, they're in Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\69720781\35130\remote.

So far I haven't experienced any game-killing glitches, but I've been backing up my saves frequently. I also have a friend working on beating all the challenges in each level as he goes along. I'll be posting those on my site soon, but if anyone needs a particular save in the mean time, just let me know.

EDIT 10/29/10: Just posted saves for each level at http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/...alk/saves.html.
    Thanks for info and save points very handy.