Thread: The 'Podcast 3 Competition'

The 'Podcast 3 Competition'

For those of you who have listened to LCGoL Podcast 3 - Creative Direction and Level Design we have a fun competition thought up by Alex (Audio Engineer) and Daniel (Creative Director)!

Daniel challenged himself to create a completely original and unique sound for the game. The sound created by Daniel is in the game somewhere. The competition is you have to guess which sound it is, and what you have to do to trigger it. The only hint you're getting is from Daniel when he proudly noted:

It is an original sound that I invented....

We're not giving any more details than that. As Alex Wilmer says....

This is going to be hard.

So place your answers in this thread... the first person to guess the sound correctly will win an odd item from Daniel's desk. Once we have a winner we can discuss what the prize will be

You can have as many tries as you wish, good luck!

Small pint:
    1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forums.eidosgames.com/. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

I have no idea.....ugh! this is hard!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

the sound those lizard-like thingies in ´Toxic swamp´ make when they explode?

I still havnt listend to the podcast....probably wont. Ill let someone else win.
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

Maybe the green flowers exploding in Toxic Swamp when you go near them or touch them? (I haven't had time to listen to the podcast but I will asap...)

Wink

How about the sound it makes when Lara jumps or rolls off an edge and dies. The sound of the game, as I put it, "powering down". It sounds like something being shut off or like hard booting a computer. Like shutting down, I guess.

This'll be a winner! Haha!

I almost posted the same guess as Marluxia15. I hope he wins. But my second guess is the Darth Vader-y hissing sound that happens when you plug a burner with a ball/boulder.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

Hmmm, is this comp still running or what. Since I already know the answer...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Hmmm, is this comp still running or what. Since I already know the answer...
    No clue, I'm afraid, but I don't see anything saying it's closed yet. So I gave it a shot.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

How about the sound of the fire pits when you roll a ball into them. They make the SSSSsssss....sound?

So what was it?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

It was already guessed and the prize has already been given. This thread just hasn´t been updated.

If I remember it right, it was a sort of ´whoohooo´ sound that Daniel made (with his voice, lol), you can hear it in the cutscene at the end of the level ´The Summoning´.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    ...the prize has already been given.
    So, who won?

A member at tombraiderforums, I don´t remember who exactly, sorry.
    signature image

Thanx mate.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image