Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 : Q N' A Thread

Final Fantasy XIII-2 : Q N' A Thread

Zealot's Amulet is nothing good, 'cause your SYN monster will use it first when you are fighting Caius. What you want to add is either defense boosters or offense boosters.

Bloody Medallion (and a few other crazy mechanics) in action: youtu.be/arL8FrLu9-U

t~

Hell, Bloody Medallion is a risk high reward thing. I would personally use this in speed kills, but not in good kills.

Hell, Bloody Medallion is a risk high reward thing. I would personally use this in speed kills, but not in good kills.

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko

Zealot's Amulet is nothing good, 'cause your SYN monster will use it first when you are fighting Caius. What you want to add is either defense boosters or offense boosters.

I usually never use a SYN, Cloudburst and Goblin Chieftain can fix all buffs while still having other uses. I guess you can replace it with something else, but I'd really like to keep the 30% damage boost.

Yep, Cloudburst and Goblin chieftain. But honestly, your HP is around less than 1500 pre-full crystarium at criticial condition. It's also better to use Genji equipments for the damage and resists. But it's upto you anyway.

Okay i have good question but it may be on here some place. How do you beat snow without him beating you at MAX% with his S. Fist attack? I try everything but fail & when you beat him do you go into next boss battle? Any tips on beating snow would help me out alot and what equipment should i use to help me out too.

To avoid Sovreign Fist, you need to use Provoke to switch targets. Have three different Sentinels (Noel, Serah, one more) in different Paradigms and consistently switch to minimize aggro. OR, you can simply let him kill the character he's targeting.

Search on Youtube about speed kills for Snow. They're pretty easy. The best thing you want to do IS STAGGER HIM QUICKLY. That way, you won't spend enough time healing a single member. If you have low monsters and stats at the moment, let him attack a single member 3 to 4 times so he can chill down.

Question 1: what exactly do i do with the "members code" that came with ffxiii-2?
    Question 2: does any1 know where or how i can find the secret paradox ending? Because im missing 1 & idk where or how to find it

Are you by chance missing the 700AF New Bohdum Paradox Ending? That one's conveniently worked into the main game but easy to miss.

I have the following paradox endings
    New bodhum ??? Af
    New bodhum 700 af
    Oerba ??? Af
    Sunleth waterscape ??? Af
    The archyite steppe ??? Af
    A dying world ??? Af
    Academia 4xx af

Theres also augusta tower ??? Af as. There 1 location still locked for valhalla but im not sure if that is the 1 i need or just a dlc.

There is a node for Valhalla ???AF that is unlocked after you obtain the Lightning scenario DLC.

The last Paradox Ending is the "secret ending". You need all 160 fragments and the other Paradox Endings, then defeat the final boss again. Let everything play through after that.

Additional Information: You don't need to turn on Paradox Scope when fighting last boss for the secret Ending.

Originally Posted by imported_Chad
    Question 1: what exactly do i do with the "members code" that came with ffxiii-2? Question 2: does any1 know where or how i can find the secret paradox ending? Because im missing 1 & idk where or how to find it

You can register it here for member points.

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko

Yep, Cloudburst and Goblin chieftain. But honestly, your HP is around less than 1500 pre-full crystarium at criticial condition. It's also better to use Genji equipments for the damage and resists. But it's upto you anyway.

Just wanted to mention that the current fastest way to beat Yomi requires both Noel and Serah to be equipped with the Bloody Medallion and use the Critical: accessories I mentioned before, plus using Cloudburst to get the other vital buffs.

Originally Posted by Dils
    Just wanted to mention that the current fastest way to beat Yomi requires both Noel and Serah to be equipped with the Bloody Medallion and use the Critical: accessories I mentioned before, plus using Cloudburst to get the other vital buffs.

I think my battle when I finally beat Yomi was glitched. I tried to beat him about 4-5 times, lost spectacularly each time, took a break, but then gave it another try. After about two minutes into the battle, it just hung in mid-air and I pummeled it to death with "Valkyrie" Lightning xD

Anyways, I have a few of story questions...

So I guess Caius being killed in Valhalla wasn't a "100% kill" so to speak, and that's why we see him in the secret ending alive and kicking despite Etro being dead, right?

My question: is he no longer immortal then? If Etro's heart beating in his chest is what gave him his immortality, with her now dead, he's just some odd Eidolen-fused creature, but no longer "beyond death"?

And on that note, were those three Bahamut's in the final battle just incarnations of him? 'Cause I get him turning into Bahamut (somehow; don't know WHY he got a hold of Fang's Eidolen...) in the end battle run, and against Lightning in Requiem of the Goddess, but I just found it odd he split into three monsters :/

Also, when Caius stabbed both Noel and Serah, how did the two leave the dream world and come back to the real world in 700AF when they were "killed" in the Void Beyond? Shouldn't they have just woken up there?

And I kind of (emphasis on kid of) understand why Lightning turned into crystal when the world was ending, but what I don't understand is HOW? Did Etro turn her into a l'Cie again? Is that the only reason why Odin comes when she beckons?

And finally (lol), how likely is it that it really was Yeul in most of the scenes we see? Especially in RotG DLC, it felt like it was a big 180 shift in character for her. I'm more inclined to think it's just Caius being a troll to Lightning, lol. Is that likely?

DilsDileva

You can post the said strategy in the Speed Kills one. Yeah it's one of the current fastest speed kill for Yomi, but it sure will make you retry a dozen times.

new_tradition

I'll answer some of your questions, but feel free to correct me (other guys) if I'm wrong on some parts. Major Spoilers up ahead.

1. Like Lightning said in the New Bodhum 700AF, she needed Noel and Serah's help to kill Caius. Then she said that they must defeat the Caius in the real world (time of now), and defeat Caius in the future world by Lightning's hands.

2. I don't know.

3. The power and beat of Etro's heart on Caius is the one making him transform in to three forms of Bahamut.

4. Serah's dream world was back in New Bodhum 003 AF, and Noel's dream world was in A Dying World 700AF. Serah escaped her dreamworld by the help of Fang and Vanille. Fang made a rift that will transport her to Noel's dream world so Serah can help him. Then when Serah helped Noel escape from his dream, they need to find out a way out of the said time. Mog then leads them to another rift that leads to the NEw Bodhum 700AF, where Lightning talked to them and then opens up a gate.

The Void beyond is a twist of the past and the future happenings.

5. I don't know too.

6. I don't care about Yeul, but somehow she has a really major plot going on with the story.

Hello everyone! I'm a first time poster (but a long time user) who is in need of a little help for my dilema.

Some of you will probably think I'm an idiot for finally noticing, because I doubt anything can be fixed now, but it's worth a shot. I had purchased FFXIII from an EB Games around a year after the game had been released. The game was not used, it was brand new, I bought it right off of the shelf (and even made sure it wasn't used before I purchased it). Some time after that I discovered this website. I loved the idea of points because I was an avid user of Club Nintendo. So, I decided to give the "points thing" a try. I grabbed all the codes from the Square Enix games I had but noticed that FXIII did not have one. I assumed at the time that maybe this websight was not created at the time the game was released. Years had passed and here I am, now noticing that people have FFXIII on their Games List . . .

Onto the next story. After becoming a fan of Coccoon and Gran Pulse I decided to preorder the FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition. After receiving it in the mail I realized their was no Product Registration Code in it either. But, after doing some reading on the forums today, I found out that yes, there was supposd to be a code included with the box.

Is my research false or was I actually supposed to have a code included with both games? And if I was, how do I fix this? Is it too late? Or do I have a chance of getting the points that I paid for?

Thank you all in advance!
    I know the forums have a good reputation of being there when a fellow user is in need.

After the website crash and rebooted there was a deadline to get certain game registration codes in. Final Fantasy XIII was one of them so unfortunately it is too late to register it.

As for the Final Fantasy XIII-2, I bought the regular edition so I am not sure about the registration code not being in it. It may have been a mistake by packaging unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Vidax
    After the website crash and rebooted there was a deadline to get certain game registration codes in. Final Fantasy XIII was one of them so unfortunately it is too late to register it.

As for the Final Fantasy XIII-2, I bought the regular edition so I am not sure about the registration code not being in it. It may have been a mistake by packaging unfortunately.
    Aw man, I knew I was too late. ^^" Do you think there's any chance SE would give me a code for XIII-2 CE?

Not sure, but if you call customer support and explain your situation they may be able to help you.

This is not true i just registered ffxiii today

how? mine didn't even come with a registration card

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last