Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Official K&L2:DD Issues thread (PC edition)

Official K&L2:DD Issues thread (PC edition)

Official K&L2:DD Issues thread (PC edition)

I suggest posting all technical issues you're experiencing with the game here. Be specific. I want the devs to help everyone out.

This thread is for the PC version only.
    For the Xbox 360 version, go here.
    For the PS3 version, go here.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Black screen when trying to save partner...

I posted this in the main forum by accident. Not sure what's wrong. It plays perfectly until it's time to save your partner, screen is black but there is sound and it gives the Y To Save Kane/Lynch. Windows 7 being used. Thanks guys,.

Hi there! I have some issues with K&L 2. First of all I wanna ask if the graphics looking like cartoon i'ts normal? And then I have an issue I don't know if it is normal to. While i'm playing, shooting etc, i get some kind of fade and that makes the scrambled pixels i'll post a picture here, see it.
    Thats it
    Thx for who helps...

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4893/issue.png

I have the same problem that diogo180794. The screen is all checkered Seems an old generation game. How To Fix?

Well, all those pixels and lightning bugs are normal. It's feature of the game.

Crash on loading screen at Eidos logo.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: KL2.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4c66d1a4
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbde
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00011398
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

windows 7 64bit
    i7980x
    gtx480 tri sli
    all drivers up to date with latest directx ,open AL and c+ updates

I found a souution to my problem by starting steam in offline mode.The game plays now.

Each time I try to click (left or right), I loose the focus of the game.
    I have to click in the top right corner to return to desktop then click back to the game in the task bar to get focus back.

The keyboard is working fine. I use dual screen but I've deactivated my secondary screen and still have the same problem.

EDIT: nevermind, it was a conflict with Actual Multiple Monitor

Purchased through Steam, game will not launch what so ever. Opens fullscreen window, crashes instantly.

MB: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (default clock: 3.4Ghz)
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2GB
    RAM: OCZ Black Edition 1600Mhz CL8 4GB DDR3
    HID: Microsoft Sidewinder + Sidewinder X4 (Optionally: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller)
    HDD: Intel X25-M Gen.2 80GB SSD + Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HDD (Games are installed on HDD)

Latest drivers and BIOS rev. (but obviously my system specs are inferior to the superiority of this game) - it's Kane & Lynch: Dead Men more or less all over again.. except at least that game did start and allowed me to play before randomly crashing at some point during a Chapter forcing me to re-play the same ordeals over and over and over and over and over. So far this feels like a epic rip-off and is to say the least extremely disappointing. One would have thought things like this would have improved since getting bashed about "poor coding/port" on the first title. Yes I am angered and yes I am being childish - but I paid to play this as although it was a royal pain in the behind to play K&L1 with all the crashes, I really did enjoy it when it worked.

PS: Where's the patch that supposedly fixes alot of the issues with K&L1 that I read was coming sometime back in 2008? I can't see traces of it anywhere what so ever.

____

UPDATE: In my case, the issue was sorted (and the game now plays flawlessly) by disabling any additional sound devices under Start > Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound. I had 3 other devices listed in the Playback tab, and disabled all but:

Speakers
    VIA High Definition Audio
    Default Device

wich had a green tick next to it as it was my current device. This solved any crash at launch, and my game has been running flawlessly. Awesome game! At least one of the issues is in other words related to audio, possibly on-board audio solutions. Note: If you wonder where your devices go (in case you want to enable them for the future), right click on the blank spot of the window and it has the option to display Disabled devices.

Apparently the crashing issue in the demo is in the full game. Seems like almost every time I enter "closing" when a MP game ends, I crash.

problems

the game did not work when i first downloaded it. then it updated and it worked fine for a day, but later that day it stopped working.Now it just goes to a black screen then windows says it stopped responding and it closes. i have the steam version and have already tried verifing my game cache. i'm running windows 7 64 bit with ATI Mobility Radion HD 4650 graphics card and an intel i7 prosessor.

One of the HUGE issues currently for me is the fact that VoIP is on by default in multiplayer, and at that with voice activation. This needs to be fixed asap. I would prefer turning my VoIP off to be honest, and/or at the very least be able to bind a key.

Game crashed at startup.

I hope that "dog days" not means "not working days".

Please fix it, patch it soon.

So I have the following problem with the matchmaking / host choice!
    It would be a real enrichment for the game if the host would be chosen by the game !
    Like in COD6
    The one player with the best connection to all the other players get the Host !

Until now i could not play a "single" MP-match without any connection problems caused by the host !

Damn ... I paid 50 € for this game and I have also the same right as all other players to collect the same game experiences without connection problems !

I love youre game but if you dont fix that, i paid the last time for one of youre games !
    And if you're at it, please add a ping indicator. (ms)

Otherwise, your game is great !
    But at the moment only the single-player campaign convinced me !
    Multiplayer would be great without the mentioned problems

When I'm playing the helicopter mission my camera is misaligned and stuck inside the roof of the helicopter, so I can't see anything.

Running the game on Win 7 ultimate x64, with a 512Mb GT 8800, a 2.50GHz Q9300 quad core, and 2Gb of RAM.

I have Kane And Lynch 2 in the post atm and i dont have much space on my computer so please can u tell me, how much hd space will this game take up so i know how much to delete.ty

Clear at least 7.50GB from your HDD.
    "I'm so sick of you and your ****ing rules! Lynch, do this, Lynch do that, Lynch stop murdering the hostages!"

Question

Originally Posted by tjb
    I have Kane And Lynch 2 in the post atm and i dont have much space on my computer so please can u tell me, how much hd space will this game take up so i know how much to delete.ty
    Have you tried turning off the steadycam?
    "I'm so sick of you and your ****ing rules! Lynch, do this, Lynch do that, Lynch stop murdering the hostages!"

Is there any explanation why it sometimes crash when a game closes?

Steam

awful

this game is awful!how can the developers mess it up so badly?!this game really does suck.a complete waste of money.please do not let any one else buy it.awful awful awful

Originally Posted by andyl4lifenew
    this game is awful!how can the developers mess it up so badly?!this game really does suck.a complete waste of money.please do not let any one else buy it.awful awful awful
    We'll make up our own mind, thank you very much.
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Bought the game from Game.co.uk - PC Version Limited Edition

I installed the game form the DVD whilst logged into my steam account. The game asked for the steam activation key which came printed in the retail box.

I then activated the DLC via steam and inputted the supplied printed key from the retail box. All three DLC items show in the steam dialogue box.

Within the game itself I cannot access the Radio Tower map. I can get the masks and I'm not sure about the guns. I would like to play the Radio Tower map though. Any advice on the above please.

The Radio Tower map is now available to play. Must have been an update via steam that enabled that.

A couple sconds in game, sound will stop completely. Sound will return once I am back in the main menu of the game but will stop again if I start a game.

Win XP x64 SP1
    Core i7 920
    GeForce8800 GTX
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte
    6gb OCZ DDR3 1333
    1920x1080, all game graphic settings on highest

Page 1 of 2 12 Last