Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158

Thread: Disapointed........? New Ideas?

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Disapointed........? New Ideas?

    Some of you seem to be disapointed with this game (LCGOL). Including me. I wish they had used some new characters instead of Laura Croft.....bt hoping to help give ideas. I have ideas for tomb raider.....id like to hear some of yours. I may not be part of the tomb raider game designing crew, but i want them to see all of our ideas. For Tomb raider games.....sequels as well if u want to share your ideas....pleaze post.

    I am not trying to critizise ANYTHING. i would just like to hear your ideas for tomb raiders....what u all would like to see.
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  2. #2
    Honestly, I'm sure no one wants to raid tombs as anyone BUT Lara! And judging from the way you spelled her name as "Laura" not "Lara", I'd say you're in no position to simply babble out your ignorant thoughts... and seriously, what's with the constant comments regarding your so-called disappointment towards LCGOL?
    If you think Lara Croft shouldn't be the one raiding tombs, then you're obviously new to this franchise; otherwise, I'd say you were sexist...
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  3. #3
    Wats ur issue! Thats how you spell her name thank you very much!

    You mite wana shut your mouth bc i was goin to try and delete that.....and i was just expressin my opinion.

    Im in a pissed off mood right now, so plz keep your mouth shut!!!!!!!!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePunkVampire View Post
    Wats ur issue! Thats how you spell her name thank you very much!

    You mite wana shut your mouth bc i was goin to try and delete that.....and i was just expressin my opinion.

    Im in a pissed off mood right now, so plz keep your mouth shut!!!!!!!!
    This is a forum, I can express myself as I see fit...
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  5. #5
    well so can i!!!!!!! Free Rights of speech dag nabbit
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  6. #6
    Yes, and so can PunkVampire. There is no need for insults (or swearing, name-calling, etc.).

    Now, I don´t really understand what you are getting at. We have a game here that is not Tomb Raider, and you want Lara out as well. Uhmm, would you rather have some random new character instead?
    signature image

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePunkVampire View Post
    Thats how you spell her name thank you very much!


    Yeah, it sure ain't.

  8. #8
    Because they changd it up!!!!! The original name was "Laura"!!!

    And im not tryin to tik any1 off! and i wasnt swerin ect. i just so freakn tickd....i havnt had a very good evenin.

    I made this to get ideas for some new games for the hek of it.....i dont really care for the new "lara" croft......bt thats my OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

    And yes. I believe they should hav made new characters and just left tomb raider/Laura Croft out of it......it has just changd so much!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  9. #9
    Good evening
    I am not one of those people who are disappointed by the game how can you be disappointed with a game you had no hands, just look on the net to read the notes "test and you will see that the game is highly rated I can say that Crystal Dynamics has done an Excellent job with this spin-off realized in the manner of a comic and we proposed decouvrire Lara CROF in a whole new angle and I look forward to play
    An icone goes renaitre

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    207
    some of you really need help..professional help! and not laura it's lara and blah blah blah..it's a game to me..just a game! u kids are really unfriendly by the way! it's just an opinion..u don't like it? don't answer! END!

  11. #11
    Well I just wanted to say that we still can not really say a game that we have not yet proven. No offense to anyone.
    But I wish all games are controlled well, because I would not like to play at a level and missing something, then I have to download a patch to continue as in the case of TRU Wii.
    If something is not because I understand very little English, sorry.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    Honestly, I'm sure no one wants to raid tombs as anyone BUT Lara! And judging from the way you spelled her name as "Laura" not "Lara", I'd say you're in no position to simply babble out your ignorant thoughts... and seriously, what's with the constant comments regarding your so-called disappointment towards LCGOL?
    If you think Lara Croft shouldn't be the one raiding tombs, then you're obviously new to this franchise; otherwise, I'd say you were sexist...
    Well, I wouldn't say they're sexist cause they didn't state that they didn't want to play as a female character but I think I do understand were ThePunkVampire is coming from, this is my take on it:

    LCGOL, isn't a spin off to me so when I heard it was a spin off I did get somewhat excited but its not, which did disappoint in someway, its just the same game different ideas. For me a spin off is this:
    I'll use my favorite T.V. series to help get my point across better. Life on mars saw John Simm play Sam Tyler who was ran over in 2006 (I think) and wakes up in the 70's. Then that finished they created Ashes to Ashes which saw Keeley Hawes play Alex Drake who was shot in 2009 and woke up in the 80's.

    Now to me that's a spin off cause we have a different main character but within the same universe and same supporting characters. Now this is why I felt a tad disappointed cause I saw it as an opportunity to perhaps have a new point of view but within the same universe that the main TR games take place in. I know if you find the definition on spin-off then it will probably say the opposite but that's how I originally saw it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25
    It disappoints me too that Lara is in this game, she should not be taken out of TR!!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say they're sexist cause they didn't state that they didn't want to play as a female character but I think I do understand were ThePunkVampire is coming from, this is my take on it:

    LCGOL, isn't a spin off to me so when I heard it was a spin off I did get somewhat excited but its not, which did disappoint in someway, its just the same game different ideas. For me a spin off is this:
    I'll use my favorite T.V. series to help get my point across better. Life on mars saw John Simm play Sam Tyler who was ran over in 2006 (I think) and wakes up in the 70's. Then that finished they created Ashes to Ashes which saw Keeley Hawes play Alex Drake who was shot in 2009 and woke up in the 80's.

    Now to me that's a spin off cause we have a different main character but within the same universe and same supporting characters. Now this is why I felt a tad disappointed cause I saw it as an opportunity to perhaps have a new point of view but within the same universe that the main TR games take place in. I know if you find the definition on spin-off then it will probably say the opposite but that's how I originally saw it.
    I'm not sure a spin-off is what ThePunkVampire referred to, anyways, only he can confirm that..

    Quote Originally Posted by marcvb View Post
    It disappoints me too that Lara is in this game, she should not be taken out of TR!!
    "this game"? The only reason the title was changed is because this game has nothing to do with Tomb Raider story-wise. Other than that, it has the same lead heroine... LCGOL isn't a spin-off

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePunkVampire View Post
    Because they changd it up!!!!! The original name was "Laura"!!!
    Yes, it was. However, Laura Cruz never made it past the drawing board. You can't refer to the Lara Croft we all came to know and love as if she was Laura though... It's just not right.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RoombelinaUK View Post
    I'm not sure a spin-off is what ThePunkVampire referred to, anyways, only he can confirm that..
    Where the hell did I get the word Spin off then? Sometimes I surprise myself!

    But yeah sorry people

    Oh now I remember I didn't mean he referred to a spin off but I think that I meant that I felt a bit disappointed when I heard GOL was a spin off title then it turned out it wasn't. Thats what I meant so I knew where he was coming from in terms of 'it's the same character' and a bit disappointed. Make sense?!

  17. #17
    Im srry for wat i hav posted....i was in a bad mood and just wanted to post my OPINION.
    And im sure the game will be fine....bt they have some great work in the past...and when i saw this game i thought it would be a ToTaL disapointment to me.

    Im sorry to offend anyone....i decided to be the matur one here and apolagize
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    i've missed most of the convo here but from what i can see is that Lara croft should be ashes to ashes... Ants

    only my fellow tour guide would say that much loves to you dude
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  19. #19
    I sorry......and i dont wana fight with anyone here........bt i didnt exactly get the last post u posted danielsun????
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    hmm? no i'm not fighting, i would agree with the fact its a spin off, spin offs can still have the same main character. i was just saying i love Ants for including Ashes to Ashes, he is like the biggest fan and i love him for that, anyways im going off topic

    GOL is just a spin off with the main character in it, think of it like the T.V series Joey, main character from friends, and set in the same verse but its not Friends. i hope that clears it up a bit
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  21. #21
    thx.......and it was just my opionion and i apologize for actin like a child......
    iv had a bad week so far and still am.....it has really messed me up
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    I've missed most of the convo here but from what i can see is that Lara croft should be ashes to ashes... Ants
    Well it should... but I think Keeley would object

    only my fellow tour guide would say that much loves to you dude
    Refreshing to here it from someone other than my reflection
    I kid of course!

    @ThePunkVampire - No harm done!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Well it should... but I think Keeley would object



    Refreshing to here it from someone other than my reflection
    I kid of course!
    lol, when should we talk to the devs about us getting those titles
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    This is a forum, I can express myself as I see fit...
    Way to stick the hypocritical foot in your mouth, genius.


    I love how you people think that because someone misspells Lara's name that their opinion does not matter. OR that by wanting to play as a different character, one must hate women or be a newb. Because there aren't other female characters within the franchise that could have been used...

    I didn't find anything wrong or offensive in the original post...or any "ignorant" babbling. Just someone with an opinion that inquired about yours...the extra crap isn't necessary.

  25. #25
    thx man for backn me up
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •