Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disapointed........? New Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LC is Me View Post
    I love how you people think that because someone misspells Lara's name that their opinion does not matter.
    Was that aimed at me? I was one to raise the question about the name (and not just on this topic), and I only did so because it certainly wasn't a typo. I never said their opinion didn't matter, though, did I?

I agree, u had every right to express urself, so no one should be defensive. I don't own GOL yet, so Idk wherther it's good or not. but, sry, i own TR1 and it's Lara, which I believe is a british spelling of Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePunkVampire View Post
    Im srry for wat i hav posted....i was in a bad mood and just wanted to post my OPINION.
    And im sure the game will be fine....bt they have some great work in the past...and when i saw this game i thought it would be a ToTaL disapointment to me.

Im sorry to offend anyone....i decided to be the matur one here and apolagize

No Need to apologize( I think thats how it's spelled)

This is a forum, and u have every rite to give ur opinion... and I think we should change the subject here to the suggestions part of the thread...that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Was that aimed at me?
    Gee I don't know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller
    And judging from the way you spelled her name as "Laura" not "Lara", I'd say you're in no position to simply babble out your ignorant thoughts
    ...Was it?

And even if I had been talking to you, regardless of whether or not you stated the OP's opinion didn't matter, you (and others) sort of gave off that impression when you chose to focus on their typos and not the legitimate discussion they aim to have.

Back to the discussion at hand, I don't think other new characters should be incorporated, but it would be fun, I think, if for this one time only Amanda was used instead....and that says a lot considering I find Amanda slightly annoying.

But that's precisely the point. It was not a typo, hence why I decided to focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePunkVampire View Post
    Because they changd it up!!!!! The original name was "Laura"!!!

And im not tryin to tik any1 off! and i wasnt swerin ect. i just so freakn tickd....i havnt had a very good evenin.

I made this to get ideas for some new games for the hek of it.....i dont really care for the new "lara" croft......bt thats my OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes. I believe they should hav made new characters and just left tomb raider/Laura Croft out of it......it has just changd so much!
    The first ideia was "Lara Cruz" but they wanted a friendly UK name, Lara Croft. And still, many people think she's "Laura" , like if your a fan of the game you KNOW that her name is "Lara", and that just piss me off when people call her Laura ... Come on !

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    But that's precisely the point. It was not a typo, hence why I decided to focus on that.
    It really doesn't matter, honestly.
    Typo or blatant mistake, that's not the point of the topic. It could have easily been ignored or you could have PMed the person if it's that much of a serious issue.

Yes, it doesn't matter. You also could have PMed the person if it was such a bother.

Carry on with the original discussion though. Find replacements for Laura Croft (who doesn't exist, but... yeah, whatever.)

Someone who doesn't know who Lara is has no right to publicly decry her and call a game he hasn't even played rubbish. He's obviously a troll looking for attention in which case he shouldn't be permitted to ruin these threads for everyone else.

As I'm reading these posts, I can't help asking myself "what's wrong with these people"?
    I mean seriously, just listen to yourselves.

I was disappointed when I say the trailer for this game on psn, I mean, a tomb raider acrade-like shooter? They've killed tomb raider, if you ask me, tomb raider legend on the ps2 was best( it was amazing!) but it all went downhill from there.
    nom nom nom ;D

In all fairness, it would be better if you actually just waited for the trial to come out sushi man to try out it and see how it plays

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    In all fairness, it would be better if you actually just waited for the trial to come out sushi man to try out it and see how it plays
    Ye I suppose, but it just doesn't look like tomb raider anymore if u know wat I mean
    nom nom nom ;D

But it's getting really good reviews, unlike many tomb raider games these days. I'm really looking forward to play it. I can't wait for September 28th!

I'll be getting it September 28th as well. Can't wait

I dunno I should at least try it I suppose
    nom nom nom ;D

I herd everything.....understand....and thats wat iv been trying to say sushi man. thx for summing that up for me. but im not trying to fight anymore, and thats just how i loooove to spel Laura is the way i spelld it. I also have a best friend names that and spelled that way. I just think it has more class i guess you can say? cant think of a word to describe it, but to me it looks better spelled that way.

So back to the topic. What ideas do you have for tomb raiders in the future. Just for the fun of it ya know!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

I think they should do another one like tomb raider legend, there was just something about it that made it awesome
    nom nom nom ;D

That one was awsome. But i think they should do another of Angel of Darkness, but if they did, i wouldnt be able to make my own version of the sequel....

Yes i do love core They were really good to me!
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

I never got round to playing that one, it good?
    nom nom nom ;D

Some of you really need to take that...thing, out of your arses!

Seriously...

This is the sort of thing that makes me a little proud to be a fan of tomb raider/lara croft. When developers tries something like this, and it feels just as much as a tomb raider game as the normal ones, but spices it up.

Kudos to the developers for this. I hope CD will stay with Tomb Raider/lara croft for a long time.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mimicDenmark View Post
    Some of you really need to take that...thing, out of your arses!

Seriously...

This is the sort of thing that makes me a little proud to be a fan of tomb raider/lara croft. When developers tries something like this, and it feels just as much as a tomb raider game as the normal ones, but spices it up.

Kudos to the developers for this. I hope CD will stay with Tomb Raider/lara croft for a long time.
    Seriously mate, all I'm sayin is that it looks to arcade to be a tomb raider to me, I mean the oters have always been a sorta platform kinda game
    nom nom nom ;D

it looks too arcade to be tomb raider, because it isnt tomb raider, lara croft to tomb raider is like portal to half-life, another story set similar to the previous but totally different.

i for one have enjoyed the game so far, and id say if it were a 3rd person shooter like tomb raider, it wouldnt work.

for the future games, id say tomb raider is the main story(s) and lara croft will stay as a mid point to keep us happy and to show us ideas for us to play as we would if the main game were to be complete.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by mr-sushi-man View Post
    Seriously mate, all I'm sayin is that it looks to arcade to be a tomb raider to me, I mean the oters have always been a sorta platform kinda game
    Sorta platform...Have you played this game? It got PLENTY of platforming aswell.

It's just from a different view.

Open yourself up a bit more.

This feels right on as a tomb raider game. It got puzzles, exploring, platforming, and the last one, action thats actually fun!

Now, I love the old ones, but action was never their strong points.

This is exactly what lara croft/tomb raider franchise needed.

It has made it much stronger.

"ra croft to tomb raider is like portal to half-life"

Hell no. Lara is a different story, but it got all the stuff that many love about tomb raider. Its just isometric, thats all.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast