Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 82 of 82

Thread: Congratulations Eidos / CD!

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    2,400
    I'm sorry to see some people are really upset. Although I wasn't part of the decision to go with Summer of Arcade, getting that placement is a real honour for LCGoL. The last spot is reserved for a big game so we're really happy that Microsoft like LCGoL so much.

    I know that doesn't help if you're a PS3 or PC gamer but the wait isn't too long and it'll be worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Tomb_Raider View Post
    It's a dangerous strategy. Now those fans will have 4 weeks to tell all the other fans if it's worth buying
    Not sure I get your point Katie. When people get their hands on the game they really enjoy it, so this is cool not dangerous.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    I'm sorry to see some people are really upset. Although I wasn't part of the decision to go with Summer of Arcade, getting that placement is a real honour for LCGoL. The last spot is reserved for a big game so we're really happy that Microsoft like LCGoL so much.

    I know that doesn't help if you're a PS3 or PC gamer but the wait isn't too long and it'll be worth it.



    Not sure I get your point Katie. When people get their hands on the game they really enjoy it, so this is cool not dangerous.
    I think most people are upset or feel like they are at a loss because all that was featured was the co-op and we had to take your word for the single player. For example i myself was hoping to get this game play it aviddly with my mates until halo reach came out

    However now i know the co-op side is not there and im not sure if this single player will be as epic as the co-op has been made out to be. I think fans may want some reasurrance that the single player mode is just as good.

    Its too soon and too small a time space for any interview or trailer. but perhaps a couple of screenshots of single player and showing some unique abilities may please people

    All this said, i could be completely wrong in which case i apologize for my post and wasting time.

    Another point may be is that we are all Tomb Raider/Lara Croft fans and we just want to see it be successful without problems, not like we are demanding it to be but because we love the franchise and the company so much we don't like a bad word to be said against it

    If i have said something wrong again i apologize. To all
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    207
    no need to daniel..i think our keir got it

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TF.Denis View Post
    no need to daniel..i think our keir got it
    Fair does
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    I think most people are upset or feel like they are at a loss because all that was featured was the co-op and we had to take your word for the single player. For example i myself was hoping to get this game play it aviddly with my mates until halo reach came out

    However now i know the co-op side is not there and im not sure if this single player will be as epic as the co-op has been made out to be. I think fans may want some reasurrance that the single player mode is just as good.

    Its too soon and too small a time space for any interview or trailer. but perhaps a couple of screenshots of single player and showing some unique abilities may please people

    All this said, i could be completely wrong in which case i apologize for my post and wasting time.

    Another point may be is that we are all Tomb Raider/Lara Croft fans and we just want to see it be successful without problems, not like we are demanding it to be but because we love the franchise and the company so much we don't like a bad word to be said against it

    If i have said something wrong again i apologize. To all
    We have already seen footage and screenshots of the single player mode, it was shown in the first trailer and we have been told how the game will change for the single player mode in plenty of previews and interviews. All the co-op play we have seen has been local, all the hands on demos, all the previews, all the E3 footage it was all local co-op, none of it was online co-op. We get to play what we have already seen. A feature we were promised but have yet to see anything of is not going to be ready for the Xbox 360 players on launch, price we pay for getting the game early. The Xbox 360 players will not miss out on anything getting the game early, they will still get the patch for the online features on the same day the others get to play the game. The Xbox 360 players get to play single player and local co-op before the PC and PS3 players. Even if GOL had never been part of Summer of Arcade still the online features would not have been ready any sooner. Yes it is a disappointment for those expecting to play online on the Xbox 360 next week, waiting a bit longer is not going to kill us. For those only interested in playing online it means there would be no reason to favour the Xbox 360 version just because it will be released earlier than the others.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
    We have already seen footage and screenshots of the single player mode, it was shown in the first trailer and we have been told how the game will change for the single player mode in plenty of previews and interviews. All the co-op play we have seen has been local, all the hands on demos, all the previews, all the E3 footage it was all local co-op, none of it was online co-op. We get to play what we have already seen. A feature we were promised but have yet to see anything of is not going to be ready for the Xbox 360 players on launch, price we pay for getting the game early. The Xbox 360 players will not miss out on anything getting the game early, they will still get the patch for the online features on the same day the others get to play the game. The Xbox 360 players get to play single player and local co-op before the PC and PS3 players. Even if GOL had never been part of Summer of Arcade still the online features would not have been ready any sooner. Yes it is a disappointment for those expecting to play online on the Xbox 360 next week, waiting a bit longer is not going to kill us. For those only interested in playing online it means there would be no reason to favour the Xbox 360 version just because it will be released earlier than the others.
    All i'm saying is that there was more emphasis put on the Co-op mode i don't mind about the online co-op being delayed.

    Everything you posted i already knew (aside from the single player part) i have no problems with this. i was simply trying to make a helpful suggestion
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  7. #82
    You never know.....Theres some pretty good originals out there......
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •