Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Eidos / CD!

Quote Originally Posted by Helion555 View Post
    Well, I would like to apologize Eidos and Crystal Dynamics on this thread as I see it somewhat inappropriate. I must say, I was very peeved when I saw that the XBOX 360 had the two exclusive game add-ons, but I don't think that is something to completely quit Tomb Raider for! SO what if you guys have to wait a month. I udnerstand your ails, but you have people who are working very hard to make an awesome game for us! The fact is, if you didn't quit Tomb Raider when the UNderworld add-ons came out...why do it now? Either way, THIS game will become available to you at some point!!!! Just be patient!
    I had already purchased Underworld way before the 360's dlc was announced.

well..this thread is bacaming a war..everyone against everyone..COME ON GUYYYYYS?? get a life! it's just 4 weeks!! play another game while you wait..red dead redemtion for example..or god of war..just waaaaaaaaaaaait

Yeah, imagine that hey? Tomb Raider fans and the Eidos Board won't let us pay for a Tomb Raider game, download it and play it. How insane is that?? The sooner Lara dumps those losers the better.

i have completely lost track of this thread and what people are on about now lol
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
    Congratulations Eidos / Crystal Dynamics... you've just alienated your Playstation fanbase!!!! What are you gonna do next!? (If you didn't get that via that it's text, it was sarcastic satire for winning the super bowl and going too Disneyland).

First... you give TR Underworld exclusive DLC on the 360 regardless that it was the PS1 and PS2 that made the TR series popular in the first place. Then your next Lara Croft game isn't even really Tomb Raider.

1. You give it a high 3rd person view similar to Diablo.
    2. You have Lara (a solo adventurer in ALL of her past games) team up with an ancient GOD?!
    3. You have it as download only!? WTH?!

That's three strikes right there... but oh no... you had to do your Playstation fanbase one better by making the game 360 exclusive for a month.

So I congratulate you Eidos / CD. You've alienated your Playstation fanbase. I will not be purchasing this game or any other future TR / Lara Croft game. I've been a fan since the very first game came out and have purchased all her console games... on Playstation systems.

I'm done with you guys and this series which you've officially ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor1 View Post
    You are so right Telekill... They are destroying all the franchise
    You two took the words right out of my mouth.

So all you people that are ''done with the franchise'' and ''this franchise is dead''. Why are you still here then again? run that by me

We're here because the classics will never die

and we are here to have a chance to make fun on you josh..what's better than that child?

The opening of this thread makes me

You're banging on about XBox360 one-month exclusivity, and yet you had TR for 6 games worth of (practical) exclusivity! Granted, nobody outside PC got the addons for the first three, but what are ya gonna do! Why are you acting like a petulant two-year-old who can't get his own way? That is what it feels like to have the shoe on the other foot. SONY didn't get in there first, so you should be blaming them not Eidos.

You're one person, and quite frankly, Eidos won't miss your money. They make loads out of it.
    "I'm a gamer, I don't have to get a life - I have many lives!"

Quote Originally Posted by gregor1 View Post
    We're here because the classics will never die
    much like some peoples constant bickering about small things

but on a serious note and non fighting aside

Seriously, its not that big of a deal, I'm sure the people that are mad have hobbies,friends,activities,other games that can keep you busy during the time frame the game is exclusive. It's not like your NEVER going to get to play it

Now if that were the case then yeah there would be reason to gripe and be mad. It's like TF.Denis said earlier get a life and play other games, theres so much more important things to do than bicker about a short exclusitivity deal for a downloadable game

and TF.Denis, how am I a child if I'm older than you? there was no point in making that remark when all I did was ask the people that ''hate the franchise'' why they are still here if they hate everything new thats coming out. Perfectly reasonable question

If I went around stealing toys from children and making them cry and then sold their toys to make profit and laughed to the bank, would you be mad at me?

The Underworld addons being XBox exclusives is stealing toys from children (and adults for that matter) just to make a few bucks. As a business policy it loses money in the long run and loses you all respect and credibility as a human being.

Life isn't just about making money. If that's what you revolve your life around you have no life.

It's not quite like that, considering that LCGoL is getting a PS3 and PC release. It's more that it appears to be a "First come first serve" thing going on. And Microsoft got there first. Although they only negotiated for the XBox and not the PC.

I personally view the argument the same as the GOLD levels. The main fanbase (prior to the 2000 release of TRLE, most probably) was the PlayStation, and yet all three expansions were PC-only games.
    "I'm a gamer, I don't have to get a life - I have many lives!"

No matter how you look at it, this is nothing new so i don't know what the fuss is about. PS owners have had their exclusives as have the PC owners, and now xbox are getting some attention.

I'm sure it will change in the future to some other console....maybe the Wii
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    I'm sure it will change in the future to some other console....maybe the Wii [/COLOR]
    That is very true! Downloadable content is now ubiquitous and there's no way the company is going to cancel the DLC just because some fans (who will by the game anyway) are upset.
    I somehow managed to come to terms with the whole DLC situation, in the end, Tomb Raider is what really matters for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    That is very true! Downloadable content is now ubiquitous and there's no way the company is going to cancel the DLC just because some fans (who will by the game anyway) are upset.
    I somehow managed to come to terms with the whole DLC situation, in the end, Tomb Raider is what really matters for me.
    Damn straight, i love Tomb raider, i've lost count how many times i've played the games now, i love it, i really hope the next pillar really has some good exploration and adventure in it, i've always loved what the TR franchise delivers no matter how long i have to wait
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    in the end, Tomb Raider is what really matters for me.
    Well said! I've never really liked this GoL thing!

lyke oh ma godd. yew gys r sooo ryt!!! thayy r destrroyin toomb raydrr. cd should just mayke a gayme exxactly lyke the firrrst one!! @lsso theyy shood reles itt on awl off da consols thatt evar exxistud, lyke ps1-2-3 an XBOX- xboxx 360 and DS an Wii an gaameboy an virtualboyy an NES an all the rest an it shood com outt al at da saym timme.

Teehee
    signature image

Oh dear... what is UP with this playstion and xbox rivalry? for god sake! I have both, and if microsoft want to support eidos then let them, sony just probably aren't interested. we get that some people are angry, but ya know... what can you do?
    and just because xbox get it earlier than playstation doesn't mean you shouldn't get another tomb raider game... but i don't really like that it's downloadable, i probs won't get it for a while, since i will have exams and i am skint.
    still... calm down.
    signature image

well josh

..how can i say it?? i have reasons too but i don't want to go on another subject than gol.. (like when i was texting you on ps3..and you were never answering ) aww well

Quote Originally Posted by TF.Denis View Post
    well josh

..how can i say it?? i have reasons too but i don't want to go on another subject than gol.. (like when i was texting you on ps3..and you were never answering ) aww well
    congrats? I guess?

@tombraidergal: It's just a fanboy war, nothing more and nothing less. Both sides thinking their system is ''more awesome!'' than the other,which feuds 12 year old type fights against each other.

It's rather pointless and annoying.

So, who wants to go rally up the Sega fans who have been left hanging for over a decade...?
    Anyone....?
    ANYONE?

inb4 Sega hasn't had a successful system in ages.
    IRRELEVANT

BTW, anyone who wants to protest outside of Sony's HQ for LittleBigPlanet 2, PM me and we'll strategize.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    congrats? I guess?

@tombraidergal: It's just a fanboy war, nothing more and nothing less. Both sides thinking their system is ''more awesome!'' than the other,which feuds 12 year old type fights against each other.

It's rather pointless and annoying.
    except..i'm 20..and i don't get your point..fanboy war?? lol THINK before you type..it's annoying really when some people trying to escape from the subject..we are talking about gol..if you want wars go on another forum MR

Quote Originally Posted by TF.Denis View Post
    except..i'm 20..and i don't get your point..fanboy war?? lol THINK before you type..it's annoying really when some people trying to escape from the subject..we are talking about gol..if you want wars go on another forum MR
    ummm right, anyways,I was talking to tombraidergal

@Chris99: Forgot to comment earlier but totally agree with ya

@TF. Dennis, this is nothikng personal but why do you keep picking on Josh? , he is not making any harsh or irrational comments towards you or anyone

Please read what he has typed before making a reply
    signature image

hmm..good question daniel! he knows..back to the subject..i think it's time for sony to do something..if they continue like this..i see no other tomb raider game on play station..and i'm a user!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast