Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 82

Thread: Congratulations Eidos / CD!

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-bite View Post
    You two didn't read what I said at all.. & then processed it, did you... I guess the mind does see exactly what it wants to see. I would explain why you've chosen to misunderstand but hey... I'd be just repeating myself... unlike others...

    Awaits incoming...
    If there are at least three people here who, as you say, don't understand what you're writing, who do you think is to blame?
    My suggestion is to write what you are thinking and not the opposite.

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    Actually come to think of it TR4 was in fact supported by Sega as well as Sony, and the Dreamcast version got improved graphics, sound as well as getting a few exclusive extras too. Also like Microsoft, Sega were the ones helping with the ad campaigns, so it's not like this hasn't happened before.
    While a lot of what you said is interesting. TRLR was first released on the PS1. It was later released on the Dremacast with the improved graphics, sound and extras because the PS1 wasn't capable of such graphics or sound capabilities. Dreamcast was the first of the following generation after PS1.

    Dont get me wrong, I love Sega and purchased a Dreamcast on launch day (9.9.99), but you should know that the Dreamcast was a lot more powerful then the PS1. Many games were ported from PS1 to Dreamcast with enhanced visuals including TR Chronicles, Dino Crisis 1, Resident Evil 2 and 3... etc... etc.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
    While a lot of what you said is interesting. TRLR was first released on the PS1. It was later released on the Dremacast with the improved graphics, sound and extras because the PS1 wasn't capable of such graphics or sound capabilities. Dreamcast was the first of the following generation after PS1.

    Dont get me wrong, I love Sega and purchased a Dreamcast on launch day (9.9.99), but you should know that the Dreamcast was a lot more powerful then the PS1. Many games were ported from PS1 to Dreamcast with enhanced visuals including TR Chronicles, Dino Crisis 1, Resident Evil 2 and 3... etc... etc.
    Yes I know why the game was improved for the Dreamcast but at the same time they could have just done a bog standard port. My main point was that Sega helped to promote the original TR and TR:LR so it wasn't like Sony was doing all the hard work before; and yes Sony are well known for their exclusivity deal with TR2-3 and AoD but there have been times when other hardware companies have wanted to promote the series for their console as well.

    That's why I don't fully understand all the Sony fans who are angry at the fact that someone else has now took interest in the series. I understand that you're used to TR and Playstation being associated with one another but the series wasn't always yours to begin with and Sony don't seem all too bothered about the new deal with Microsoft affecting them right now; so what gives you the right to say that this new timed deal is going to ruining the franchise just because waiting a little while for the PS3 version is a tiny inconvenience for you?

    I've never complained when some of my other favourite franchises have moved to other consoles for a while, I've just needed to put up with it! ^.^;

  4. #29
    What gives me the right...?

    Well, the short of it is, I'm a long time fan. I've been with the series on Playstation since the very first game and have given the company, literally, hundreds of dollars to play Tomb Raider. I dont like the way GoL looks or the concept. It's not Tomb Raider on any level in my opinion other than the fact that Lara is in it.

    If we as the fans of the series dont voice our opinions (and that's all this really is), then the company wont know what we want. For Underworld and GoL, I've felt as if Playstation users have been shafted, and thus being a Playstation user, I've felt kinda like I got a slap in the face merely for enjoying their games. Numerous PS3 fans have asked time and again for the DLC for Underworld and all we got was a Trophy update, which took them forever to release.

    My statement of not purchasing this or any other TR game is really to say that I will not purchase GoL at all, and will not purchase a brand new copy of any other TR game. I will however buy the TR games in the future, used. Thus, Eidos/CD will not see a penny from me. The only way it seems for a compny like Eidos to understand that we as fans using a PS3 are serious, is with our money. If they dont see our money then one of two things will happen:

    1. They'll see that we're pissed and maybe rethink their exclusivity BS.

    2. They'll ignore us and possibly have TR go complete exclusive to Xbox. If they choose this option, then that will simply be it for me and the series as I will never buy an Xbox. I will also not buy any other Eidos / CD game released.

    And before you guys go on to say (or reitterate) that I should be angry with Sony and start yelling at them... in the end... the decision lies with Eidos. Sony shouldn't have too throw money at them in order to get this content because of how much both Sony and Tomb Raider helped eachother in the past. It should be a no brainer on Eidos's part.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
    What gives me the right...?

    Well, the short of it is, I'm a long time fan. I've been with the series on Playstation since the very first game and have given the company, literally, hundreds of dollars to play Tomb Raider. I dont like the way GoL looks or the concept. It's not Tomb Raider on any level in my opinion other than the fact that Lara is in it.

    If we as the fans of the series dont voice our opinions (and that's all this really is), then the company wont know what we want. For Underworld and GoL, I've felt as if Playstation users have been shafted, and thus being a Playstation user, I've felt kinda like I got a slap in the face merely for enjoying their games. Numerous PS3 fans have asked time and again for the DLC for Underworld and all we got was a Trophy update, which took them forever to release.

    My statement of not purchasing this or any other TR game is really to say that I will not purchase GoL at all, and will not purchase a brand new copy of any other TR game. I will however buy the TR games in the future, used. Thus, Eidos/CD will not see a penny from me. The only way it seems for a compny like Eidos to understand that we as fans using a PS3 are serious, is with our money. If they dont see our money then one of two things will happen:

    1. They'll see that we're pissed and maybe rethink their exclusivity BS.

    2. They'll ignore us and possibly have TR go complete exclusive to Xbox. If they choose this option, then that will simply be it for me and the series as I will never buy an Xbox. I will also not buy any other Eidos / CD game released.

    And before you guys go on to say (or reitterate) that I should be angry with Sony and start yelling at them... in the end... the decision lies with Eidos. Sony shouldn't have too throw money at them in order to get this content because of how much both Sony and Tomb Raider helped eachother in the past. It should be a no brainer on Eidos's part.
    This is not a Tomb Raider game, it is something different, just like Tomb Raider 1 was back in 1996. If gamers chucked a hissy fit every time a developer made a game different to their previous ones there would not be that much variety in our gaming. If you do not like GOL that is fine, I am sure you do not like a lot of games, do you go abusing all the developers of every game you do not want to play? No the PS3 fanbase is hardly going to be alienated they get a chance to play a great game, you might be, that is your decision. GOL will have no effect on TR9 if they were planning on including any online modes with the main game they are already developing that. No the camera in TR9 is not going to be isometric so why complain GOL is going to ruin Tomb Raider. GOL is a spin off and is not meant to be exactly the same as the Tomb raider games, Crystal Dynamics want to actually make something innovative and more fun, something to appeal to more than just Tomb Raider fans. Why do you you think just about everyone interviewed has explained GOL is not a Tomb Raider game. I am sure Core Design would have felt just as disappointed if all their fans had complained TR1 was not Rick Dangerous. How dare they make a similar game with a woman and some third person camera stuck to her arse, yes all the fans of Rick Dangerous would have looked pretty dumb missing out on Tomb Raider because they were upset it was not what they wanted to play. Being new and innovative does not mean it is not good to play, just means it is different and you have to wait to judge if you are going to like it or not. Maybe a lot judged Tomb Raider as something for the boys since the proportions of Lara suggested that, but the gameplay was great no matter what they might have thought about Lara. Personally I doubt many Rick Dangerous fans were complaining, they could see it was obviously not a Rick Dangerous game, even though it was similar enough they would like it. Just like a lot of Tomb Raider fans will like GOL, Lara is still doing a lot of things she does in the Tomb Raider games, we are just playing the game a different way.

    The only way Microsoft is going to be the sole console the Tomb Raider games are released on is if the sales for the PS3 version are that lousy it is no longer worth making it for the PS3. It is up to the fans to make sure that does not happen. The PC players have always had the games no matter what exclusive contracts there were, although eventually there might be a time the poor sales for the PC version affect the decision to continue with that.

    As to TRU DLC we were told it was an exclusive that Microsoft arrange to be made, so no they are not going to be letting Sony get their hands on it. We were told it was exclusive and that is not likely to change, even if there is a limit on the period it is exclusive, and even if Sony ever got enthusiastic enough to want it, there is not much point doing dlc years after the game has been released and most players have lost interest in the game.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

  6. #31
    It's a little unfair bringing the guys and gals who work for Eidos and Crystal Dynamics into this. Their hearts are in the game and in the players.

    This was a Board decision. They think they are so clever in the big fancy world of business and finance, but they are nothing more than cheap gamblers with no understanding of customer relations whatsoever. They are responsible for the untold lost millions in revenue the TR franchise should have had since 1995 and didn't get because of their ridiculous, small minded, selfish decisions.

    The board are also quick to blame others and fire good employees for bad decisions the Board made.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
    What gives me the right...?

    Well, the short of it is, I'm a long time fan. I've been with the series on Playstation since the very first game and have given the company, literally, hundreds of dollars to play Tomb Raider. I dont like the way GoL looks or the concept. It's not Tomb Raider on any level in my opinion other than the fact that Lara is in it.

    If we as the fans of the series dont voice our opinions (and that's all this really is), then the company wont know what we want. For Underworld and GoL, I've felt as if Playstation users have been shafted, and thus being a Playstation user, I've felt kinda like I got a slap in the face merely for enjoying their games. Numerous PS3 fans have asked time and again for the DLC for Underworld and all we got was a Trophy update, which took them forever to release.

    My statement of not purchasing this or any other TR game is really to say that I will not purchase GoL at all, and will not purchase a brand new copy of any other TR game. I will however buy the TR games in the future, used. Thus, Eidos/CD will not see a penny from me. The only way it seems for a compny like Eidos to understand that we as fans using a PS3 are serious, is with our money. If they dont see our money then one of two things will happen:

    1. They'll see that we're pissed and maybe rethink their exclusivity BS.

    2. They'll ignore us and possibly have TR go complete exclusive to Xbox. If they choose this option, then that will simply be it for me and the series as I will never buy an Xbox. I will also not buy any other Eidos / CD game released.

    And before you guys go on to say (or reitterate) that I should be angry with Sony and start yelling at them... in the end... the decision lies with Eidos. Sony shouldn't have too throw money at them in order to get this content because of how much both Sony and Tomb Raider helped eachother in the past. It should be a no brainer on Eidos's part.
    I understand your frustration but think about it, this sort of thing happens all the time with game franchises. Just because you've been lucky in the past by being a Playstation owner and getting all the exclusives back then doesn't mean you're still going to get everything received on a silver platter.

    I'm all for voicing opinions but the way you've voiced yours is by not complaining on how it's unfair because you've not been able to get the DLC etc, but it's because you think you deserve everything more just because you're a Playstation owner. As you went on by saying why you deserve special treatment just because you've been a fan since the beginning your argument started to lose credibility. It became less about how the DLC and GoL should be equally available to all consoles and more about how you're having a tantrum just because a exclusivity deal hasn't worked to your advantage for a change.

    Sure you've been a fan since the beginning (and I have to) but know this, they're not just catering for us, they also want new fans; and if Microsoft have been willing to help promote the series more openly I'm quite happy. You can still play the recent TR games on other consoles (unlike when Sony decided to make TR2-3 exclusive) so all is not lost.

    Saying that you've been a fan since way back when and that you've stuck to one console doesn't get you anywhere, you don't receive special treatment and quite frankly the only person you've been loyal to is yourself.

    Sony only wanted TR when it could help them to promote their original console; sure they helped each other out once but now it looks like Sony isn't bothered with the series anymore. Times have changed and they want to focus on promoting new flagship titles. You can try it deny it but it's the truth.

  8. #33
    Well-said Lilhanhan!
    signature image

  9. #34
    I'm not denying anything on Sony's part. They could indeed throw thousands of dollars at Eidos and keep the TR series equal on both platforms. I'm simply stating that I dont think they should have too with their past relationships.

    Secondly, I have no problem with Microsoft having Tomb Raider or Lara Croft games. Not one issue with it... so long as Playstation owners get the same opportunities and content. Where you seem to think that I'm all about Playstation having Tomb Raider and all affiliate products only available on Sony systems... you couldn't be more wrong.

    While I prefer the Playstation products, I've also owned the Nintendo systems and Sega systems that were available (with exception of N64). I personally dont like Microsoft or the Xbox brand and will never own an Xbox. That being said, if back in the day, TR 2, 3, and AoD were available on other systems, then great... I really have no issue with multiplatform games. Infact, I think that third party exclusives are idiotic this generation. Heck... put GoL on the Wii for all I care, but keep all the systems on the same level. Give all systems the same content.

    In short... dont shaft anyone.

  10. #35
    The only folks they are shafting mate, is themselves. The Board are the ones who have to live with themselves. They are characterless if they are prostituting themselves to the ugliest fat sweaty dude on the block just because he has the fattest wallet.

  11. #36
    Telekill - don't buy it.
    Miss out.
    Your decision.

    Shrugs.

    But be sure to check out the demo.
    If you DO BUY it - feel free to eat humble pie.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    (unlike when Sony decided to make TR2-3 exclusive)
    Exclusive...? The PC got the games & If I remember rightly, the Sega Saturn was already out of the game & Nintendo would have not been interested due to having a very strict policy on the content published for their N64...

    This generation has changed gaming beyond the visual... things that may have been extras for completing a game, outfits & so forth, can now be charged for later. On the flip-side extra content can also be much more substantial so... Extra exclusive content for a "multiplatform" release will always inevitably annoy some... I don't like it when there's exclusive extras for a game that is aimed at every system regardless of what system actually gets the exclusives.
    signature image
    PSN username - Kiss-Byte & XboxLive username - KissBite

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,580
    GOL isn't TR9 so I am not that worried by it. I am annoyed that they are favouring X-box gamers over PC/PS3 TR gamers again though and really hope that stops. Is a good way to brass off half the fanbase and damage game oppinion outside of the game itself so not good really. Overall though on most things GOL I think it's looking great.

  14. #39
    Yeah brassing off your established and loyal fanbase does not seem to be a good buisness idea.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-bite View Post
    Exclusive...? The PC got the games & If I remember rightly, the Sega Saturn was already out of the game & Nintendo would have not been interested due to having a very strict policy on the content published for their N64...

    This generation has changed gaming beyond the visual... things that may have been extras for completing a game, outfits & so forth, can now be charged for later. On the flip-side extra content can also be much more substantial so... Extra exclusive content for a "multi-platform" release will always inevitably annoy some... I don't like it when there's exclusive extras for a game that is aimed at every system regardless of what system actually gets the exclusives.
    Console and PC gaming are generally considered two different things (the majority of games exclusive to a certain console are usually available for the PC as well) and the Saturn was discontinued in '98 as Burning Rangers was one of it's last releases which came out in that year, so TR2 could have been released on that platform. Also Core Design and Eidos released "Fighting Force" on the N64 (although it was about 2 years after the Playstation release) so Nintendo's policy couldn't have been that strict, that and the fact that the N64 era was when Nintendo tried to publish more games aimed at a older audience. Finally I believe that in the Gametap TRA documentary they mention a exclusivity deal with Sony.

    I know it doesn't exactly seem that those two TR titles were exclusive seeing as PC gamers also got to play them and even managed to get extra levels, but I was strictly talking about console gaming.

    Personally I'm not a big fan of exclusives and I never have been; but at the same time I do understand how they help the publishers and in turn their developers. I know that I sound like a broken record by saying this yet again but, exclusives are like a double edged sword. The developers benefit from the deals made which helps them to fund a bigger and better game, yet there's always going to be fans who are annoyed and in this case feel betrayed.


    @Telekill

    Like I said I understand your frustration and yes I do know that you own other consoles as you previously mention it. It's just that in your original posts the message that came across was that because you've bought every TR release on a Playstation console, you automatically assumed that Sony deserved the exclusives although they're currently showing no interest in securing any deals with Eidos at this point.

    I just stated that things like this happen all the time with other franchises, so don't expect that just because you've been "loyal" by sticking to one console when buying each release that it would continue that way. It happened to me with the Resident Evil series.

    (To anyone following on how many times I've mention the series lately, here's another one!)

    I love the series and I do want to buy every game but I still don't own a Gamecube or a Wii; so I've never had the chance to play RE: 0 or the REmake. Did I ever rant about how it's unfair on me because I've bought every RE game on the Playstation so far; so that means Nintendo shouldn't have made a exclusivity deal with Capcom? Not really, I just accepted it.

    I seriously understand your frustration but the games industry doesn't really work in a way were every console is equal or have equal amount of content. They always have to one up each other usually taking advantage of how publishers need certain funds to keep them up and running, it's how the business works (and yes it's always annoying and unfair to some).

    And now I probably have to apologise for my long winded post. ^.^;

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,578
    I didn't read the entire thread but just have a message for the OP.

    Would you like me to play you some violin?

  17. #42
    Why do you people have to argue about Sony, Microsoft and other things.

    I belive that the game should be released the same on each console, yes maybe its 4 weeks early on the xbox market place to be in the summer arcade im sure this will increase sales figues due to the extra advertising, as you know the series has not been doing so well lately which fans should be trying to help increase these figures so maybe the company can make better games with the extra money. I really do not mind waiting its not like I will never be able to play it!

    What people should be concerned about is, will playstation users get equivalent extras such as DLC'S, themes and maybe a playstation home environment. It should not matter if you own a playstation 3 or xbox 360 if you are a fan you want the extra content.

    Xbox market place already have got a theme for The Guardian of Light, I hope PSN gets one soon XD im sure they must realise that will also add a little more buzz to the playstation version and make fans happy. An I belive since they are releasing it late on the PS3 this is a little something to keep us entertained untill release.

    also as we know tomb raider underworld got extra DLC's on the xbox 360 which I belive will never be released on the playstation 3 (THATS LIKE 1H+ OF EXTRA GAMEPLAY AND CONTENT), I belive this is what fans on the playstation 3 crave for. If you are a true TR fan you should not have to go and purchase another console to get these extras (THATS WHATS A SLAP IN THE FACE) (E.G. if you go the shop to buy 2 of the exact same phones you expect them to be the same but if they give you one with 1/4 the storage size you take it back for a refund or replacement as its not what you paid for same as if you purchase ps3 and xbox versions they should have the same gameplay, lenght and story, if a version missed 1/4 the game you would be like huh). An since there was more playstation 3 TR:U players its why ppl are angry, imagin 51% (of all TRU SALES) of all them players having to buy a new console or sumthin for that content it does not make ppl happy. Maybe this time the creaters of TR and this new Lara series will of learnt that.

    DO NOT FORGET US, YOUR FANS ON PLAYSTATION 3

    So if you think I am talking sence post here and state you want this time extra content ON THE PLAYSTATION 3 aswel this time + quote my post XD.
    signature image

  18. #43
    Sales and income derive from customers, not from Microsoft. Without us there would be no game and if the Eidos Board continue down this track they are going to continue to lose millions in income, which they have a sparkling track record of doing. Makes me wonder which crappy business school they played truant from when they should have been learning something worthwhile. Or perhaps they had their heads in Mao's crappy little red book.

  19. #44
    It's a dangerous strategy. Now those fans will have 4 weeks to tell all the other fans if it's worth buying

  20. #45
    hello
    it just be a dangerous strategy but personnaly I do nulement need avi others Fans to know if I'll buy it or not
    An icone goes renaitre

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    hopefully it pays off and TR becomes even more popular, and people out side of the core fan base will start playing the TR/Lara games
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  22. #47
    I'm still going to download it and play it and enjoy it because I love Crystal and the guys and gals who make our games. I just don't like being shafted by folks who have as much love for our game and their money earning long suffering clientele as cuckoos do for their chicks (the Eidos Board).


  23. #48

    Patience is a Virtue!

    Well, I would like to apologize Eidos and Crystal Dynamics on this thread as I see it somewhat inappropriate. I must say, I was very peeved when I saw that the XBOX 360 had the two exclusive game add-ons, but I don't think that is something to completely quit Tomb Raider for! SO what if you guys have to wait a month. I udnerstand your ails, but you have people who are working very hard to make an awesome game for us! The fact is, if you didn't quit Tomb Raider when the UNderworld add-ons came out...why do it now? Either way, THIS game will become available to you at some point!!!! Just be patient!

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Helion555 View Post
    Well, I would like to apologize Eidos and Crystal Dynamics on this thread as I see it somewhat inappropriate. I must say, I was very peeved when I saw that the XBOX 360 had the two exclusive game add-ons, but I don't think that is something to completely quit Tomb Raider for! SO what if you guys have to wait a month. I udnerstand your ails, but you have people who are working very hard to make an awesome game for us! The fact is, if you didn't quit Tomb Raider when the UNderworld add-ons came out...why do it now? Either way, THIS game will become available to you at some point!!!! Just be patient!
    Same here I wont quit the series an idm waiting a little longer but am upset about the extra content thing, we are missing out on something hopefully it will be different with this game and in the future .
    signature image

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,576
    Quote Originally Posted by ltshaunbrownuk View Post
    Why do you people have to argue about Sony, Microsoft and other things.

    I belive that the game should be released the same on each console, yes maybe its 4 weeks early on the xbox market place to be in the summer arcade im sure this will increase sales figues due to the extra advertising, as you know the series has not been doing so well lately which fans should be trying to help increase these figures so maybe the company can make better games with the extra money. I really do not mind waiting its not like I will never be able to play it!

    What people should be concerned about is, will playstation users get equivalent extras such as DLC'S, themes and maybe a playstation home environment. It should not matter if you own a playstation 3 or xbox 360 if you are a fan you want the extra content.

    Xbox market place already have got a theme for The Guardian of Light, I hope PSN gets one soon XD im sure they must realise that will also add a little more buzz to the playstation version and make fans happy. An I belive since they are releasing it late on the PS3 this is a little something to keep us entertained untill release.

    also as we know tomb raider underworld got extra DLC's on the xbox 360 which I belive will never be released on the playstation 3 (THATS LIKE 1H+ OF EXTRA GAMEPLAY AND CONTENT), I belive this is what fans on the playstation 3 crave for. If you are a true TR fan you should not have to go and purchase another console to get these extras (THATS WHATS A SLAP IN THE FACE) (E.G. if you go the shop to buy 2 of the exact same phones you expect them to be the same but if they give you one with 1/4 the storage size you take it back for a refund or replacement as its not what you paid for same as if you purchase ps3 and xbox versions they should have the same gameplay, lenght and story, if a version missed 1/4 the game you would be like huh). An since there was more playstation 3 TR:U players its why ppl are angry, imagin 51% (of all TRU SALES) of all them players having to buy a new console or sumthin for that content it does not make ppl happy. Maybe this time the creaters of TR and this new Lara series will of learnt that.

    DO NOT FORGET US, YOUR FANS ON PLAYSTATION 3

    So if you think I am talking sence post here and state you want this time extra content ON THE PLAYSTATION 3 aswel this time + quote my post XD.
    It is not up to Crystal Dynamics or Square Enix whether or not Sony is going to offer DLC, only Sony can arrange that. Crystal Dynamics make the main games, Square Enix publish them, they have retail outlets who purchase the game and sell it to us the consumers. Crystal Dynamics do not make playable dlc unless they already have an agreement for it with a digital retailer. No one wants it they do not make it. One asks for it they make it, but only for that platform. Sony does not want it or cannot provide the service required for it to work the PS3 players miss out. DLC is not part of the main game, even if it is playable and continues the story it is not part of the main game, it is an extra that a retailer selling digital content provides. The free pre-order goodies retailers entice us with, whether an artbook or a DLC code for playable content, the retailer pays extra for that, that is something they are giving away free to get customers to buy the game from them. If a retailer offers a special edition or collectors edition of the game, they have to pay for that extra content, it is not available with all versions of the game, often the retailer will have exclusive rights in their country for that version.

    Steam, XBL, PSN they are retailers of digital games and content. They sell you games and extra stuff for your games. Yes the console providers are competing against each other for our hard earned money, they want us to buy the game for their platform, all the better if it means they can sell more consoles as well. No they are not always going to get exactly the same dlc, one platform like the PC one might miss out because it is not worth it to the provider to try and get more sales, they do not sell PC's so what is in it for them, unless it is a really popular game they will not make enough profit. One might miss out because they never wanted the dlc, or could not provide the right service for it to work. That is not the fault of the developer or the publisher, they cannot sell anything on PSN only Sony can. Sony has to order the dlc in the first place for it to be made available for consumers.

    Then occasionally there will be different DLC available on different platforms, again they are competing trying to get you to buy what they exclusively have. There is no point complaining about it that is the way business has always worked and will always work. You want a game exclusive to one platform you go buy the thing it runs on. And yes you want dlc exclusive to one platform there is no point complaining about it or refusing to buy the game, you want it bad enough you buy what ever you need to play it. Personally I do not thing any DLC is worth buying a console for, but then I have never been desperate to play any DLC. Even having the console and the game does not necessarily mean you would buy DLC anyway. Even if offered for free like the PC Gold levels, how many never played them as soon as they were available because they did not have internet, did not have good enough internet, did not have the PC version of the game or as unlikely as it might seem were just not interested in the extra levels. Even when offered as a retail boxed version some would have refused to buy the game again just to play the TR1 and TR2 extra levels.

    No it is not fair that only some can play the extra levels, whether it is TRU DLC or Gold levels offered years ago to PC players. That is just the way it is, yes moan about it and be jealous of those who can play them, but no point blaming the people who make the games or those who publish them. You want to complain to someone about not getting DLC for TRU, complain to the retailer who did not provide it, because as Sony has said, nothing is really exclusive forever. If they wanted it they could get it I am sure.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •