Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i don't like the camera angle

i don't like the camera angle

sorry, this is a double post after my first one. but looking to screen shots of GOL, i don't like the camera angle and i think a lot of people agree.

i hope there is an option to retrieve the old camera, (behind lara)
    Lara, whatever you do, where ever you go, there is no one like you left.

I like the new camera very old style GTA or like the chinatown wars Rockstar released. There is a plus side to the new camera... it migh not be as annoying as past titles.

Like everything its down to opinion and the whole point of GOL is to test new ideas... but for others to like it some must hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by zakker View Post
    sorry, this is a double post after my first one. but looking to screen shots of GOL, i don't like the camera angle and i think a lot of people agree.

i hope there is an option to retrieve the old camera, (behind lara)
    No there will be no option to change the camera to the old one, you need the overhead view to see both players and what they are doing. Also the models are not suitable for close up views, they do not want to be releasing a 7Gb arcade game, it will be much smaller in size. Like any game you do not like it, do not buy it, but it would be a pity to miss out on a good game because you did not think you would like the camera perspective.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

The game is designed like this. I don't think it will have the option, why go through promoting something as "this kind" of game if you have an option to change it??
    signature image

i think that they used this camera angle because this way nobody will complain about the camera(a tr issue that has been a problem in every single tr).still it looks crappy to me and it betrays the bad quality of the game

The isometric camera is just a given with the way this game is designed. It's different.

I guess when you grew up with Zelda on the Nintendo, Baldurs Gate and Star Craft you don't mind that type of game.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post
    I guess when you grew up with Zelda on the Nintendo, Baldurs Gate and Star Craft you don't mind that type of game.
    i grew up with all of these(exept from the rest of baldurs gate series)and i dont like this camera angle for todays standards...and see legend of zelda series has third person camera these days,so does baldurs gate little bro(dragon age) and starcraft is a rts so it would be impossible to have a third person camera...

There is no way in hell this could have worked well with a camera like we are used to in Tomb Raider. Aussie500 already explained why, no need to repeat that.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    There is no way in hell this could have worked well with a camera like we are used to in Tomb Raider. Aussie500 already explained why, no need to repeat that.
    And we may even find that this is the kind of game CD excel at as opposed to having a glitchy third person game.

I'm not saying they should replace the main frnachise but now they are using the camera like they are for the 'Lara Croft' games they may find that they can find ways around the many other problems that plague the 'proper' tomb raider titles.

i don't like it, but it doesn't bother me. i wouldn't mind playing it like this. it would be easier, i suppose i don't like it because it's different.
    signature image

Is different necessarily bad?
    signature image

any way

sorry if i offended any one, since i am a big fan to TR series i'm affraid about any thing that affects it's continuty. any way i hope Eidos and CD know what they are doing.

i agree with such enourmous enviroment old camera is hard to catch all the stage where lara stand. but you see, the new one gives an overall view and spoils the adventure. but in return the level must be very very very huge so that there so much to explore.
    Lara, whatever you do, where ever you go, there is no one like you left.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    Is different necessarily bad?
    nope. not at all, i just have to get used to it. change is always good in some ways.
    signature image

Hey!

Yeah I kinda agree on the new camera angle to be fair. But it is giving the game a new style, making it completely different to all other TR games we have played. I am going to purchase it when it comes out and shall test it before I judge it. If I don't like it, then obviously I'll never go near the game or anything like it again.

I'm really looking forward to it
    "The right to be a God... That right is now... Mine!" - Albert Wesker, RESIDENT EVIL 5

Besides, I think it should be the animations most look at... They'd better be polished!

I don't really like the camera angle as it is too zoomed out and overhead. It might work well for the gameplay but dosn't look that good. Hope I will like it more when I play the game.

To me.. it doesn't feel like tomb raider anymore.. it's a pitty.. Will there be more Tr games with camera angle like this in the future? :/

the camera angle is horrible is SO mini-game
    hello ps3 xbox360 and pc it's not nintendo DS !!!!!!
    It should be more classic to beat uncharted
    It WON'T be ob the top of the games with that camera angle, it is disappointing

Isometric View

Well, I do not like that isometric view-angle either.
    As they write on them packages always, one should make a break after an hour or so of having played the game. And this isometric angle of view makes it necessary to regard to those rules. The real experience of a 3d-game is being done by central perspective. This 'bird's perspective' is not nice to play. But the experienced gamer has got enough of Lara Croft's Games at house around, so that for the perfect relax inside Croft-Manor it is always possible to take out one of them older Games of the Series.

If the machine-definition is again that stacky high as in the last Games, One has got no chance at all to pley through the whole Game.

And to be honest - In the time being I am now yet a little bit tired of always only fighting.

Smile: Ten Years behind Lara Croft and One does NOT anymore want to harm anyone... Smile.

This is a little philosophically, as the whole Series are. But I neither want to put too much senses into that Game. They would think, I am mad. But I am not! Human is Absolutely Normal. But for Normality there shall be SKILLS. And them One has developed over the Years.

Not without Being Proud... Smile!

Good Luck to the Good Old Friends of Lara Croft!
    Have a Brilliant Summer and please do not too much pay attention to Uglyness in the World! Ugly is NOT an Orientation for Human Behaviour!

Let the Icon be OUR ICON! Identify with it. But without Affection!

^^^ WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by danimv View Post
    the camera angle is horrible is SO mini-game
    hello ps3 xbox360 and pc it's not nintendo DS !!!!!!
    It should be more classic to beat uncharted
    It WON'T be ob the top of the games with that camera angle, it is disappointing
    But the camera is far better than the other TR games, at least it comes problem free... hopfully giving CD a new way to program the camera to be a lot better... like Uncharted, GTA, MGS.

@Max - I have no idea though it is still somewhat early!

The closest I've found is Baldur's Gate II, and the camera zooms out when the two characters are separated by a great distance. It' neat really.
    "The year is 2027"

Wink

I think the new camera is just different from the previous games. It might be cool to play this game with this kind of camera. I mean, I hope this camera doesn't turns into the default, the base, for the rest of the Tomb Raider series.

Maybe that's one of the reasons why it's called Lara Croft: it has a different kind of gameplay than the main Tomb Raider series.

One way to view the change of angle is this:

Solid Snake is the main (awesome) character of the MGS series, but now that Mr. Kojima has handed it over to his younger team Raiden is the new main character. How does this relate to a camera angle for TR?

Well Snakes adventures were focused on stealth, with the exception that MGS 4 gave you the choice to play it stealth or as a 3rd person shooter... or a bit of both. Now, Rising seems like it will be more action blended with stealth cause Raiden doesn't seem the one to hide in a box.

So the development team split into two. One working on Rising, the other on Peace Walker. Now even though Rising appears to be different Peace Walker is the same MGS experience players have been playing for the last 20 or whatever years! So just cause the one game is different doesn't mean they both will be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast