Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i don't like the camera angle

That's the WORST tomb raider game ever! The isometric view it's from 1993...and whoever had this stupid idea...deserves death. This game is an example of what happens when some people who don't know about how a gamer feels, think that fixing something which never broke , is a good idea...
    I am glad I didn't buy this game, I saw it on my friend pc, who bit his fists for his waste of money...I am glad I'm not in his shoes..I won't buy this game sanctioning the crystal dynamics lack of inspiration.
    Bottom line, this game is an abomination, avoid it at all cost and wait for the next real tomb raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_VLAD View Post
    That's the WORST tomb raider game ever! The isometric view it's from 1993...and whoever had this stupid idea...deserves death. This game is an example of what happens when some people who don't know about how a gamer feels, think that fixing something which never broke , is a good idea...
    I am glad I didn't buy this game, I saw it on my friend pc, who bit his fists for his waste of money...I am glad I'm not in his shoes..I won't buy this game sanctioning the crystal dynamics lack of inspiration.
    Bottom line, this game is an abomination, avoid it at all cost and wait for the next real tomb raider.
    i dont really care about the camera angle.

But even though of that thing, im still really looking forward 2 getting the game. ( i have ps3 ) And im especialy looking forward 2 the online things.

Well, first of all, it is NOT a Tomb Raider game. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a game that has nothing to do with the pillar games.
    Secondly, how can you say that the person who came up with the idea of isometric camera deserves death? That's so stupid and immature!
    In my opinion, that person should get an award and a pay rise!
    This is one of the best game with Lara Croft that I have ever played. Although, it hasn't got Tomb Raider in the title it has a lot of TR features that I missed in the recent games.
    Finally, the fact that my brother, who has absolutely nothing to do with video games, admitted that he enjoyed it while we were playing co-op is a miracle and proves that this game is EPIC!

I think that the camera is a little bit of a flash back 2 the old games. ( sweet)

The people that dont like it .... well u get what u get!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_VLAD View Post
    That's the WORST tomb raider game ever! The isometric view it's from 1993...and whoever had this stupid idea...deserves death. [...]
    maybe not death, but definietly should be sent somewhere far far... OOO i know. let him play with jigsaw in next SAW movie. So this person could learn what is 3d ^^

Quote Originally Posted by demin View Post
    maybe not death, but definietly should be sent somewhere far far... OOO i know. let him play with jigsaw in next SAW movie. So this person could learn what is 3d ^^
    Just because it does not have a third person perspective does not mean the game is not 3D. The purpose was to make a game, with Lara Croft in it that was actually popular, they succeeded in that. Obviously the developer knows more about making games than some highly biased Tomb Raider fans. GOL is not a Tomb Raider game.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

that was..quite an attack

Quote Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
    GOL is not a Tomb Raider game.
    No but it features the star of Tomb Raider

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Well, first of all, it is NOT a Tomb Raider game. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a game that has nothing to do with the pillar games.
    Secondly, how can you say that the person who came up with the idea of isometric camera deserves death? That's so stupid and immature!
    In my opinion, that person should get an award and a pay rise!
    This is one of the best game with Lara Croft that I have ever played. Although, it hasn't got Tomb Raider in the title it has a lot of TR features that I missed in the recent games.
    Finally, the fact that my brother, who has absolutely nothing to do with video games, admitted that he enjoyed it while we were playing co-op is a miracle and proves that this game is EPIC!
    so if your brother says it's good then discussion ends

Quote Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
    Just because it does not have a third person perspective does not mean the game is not 3D. The purpose was to make a game, with Lara Croft in it that was actually popular, they succeeded in that. Obviously the developer knows more about making games than some highly biased Tomb Raider fans. GOL is not a Tomb Raider game.
    if its not look like 3d its not 3d.
    If this game have not use lara model u would never heard about it. Developer release a minigame. Underexceling and highly disapointing.

i think i like gol..my mate and i waiting for the online patch..any info?

Still looking for the ethernet cable for ps3. if i have time to connect to internet....ill find you still remember you user on ps3 online
    signature imageAngel of Darkness

vampy go at a store to buy one..ij won't cost anything

I am very excited about the camera angle. I love this camera angle; however don't get me wrong I also love first person shooters. My point is I don't want every game released the same, that would become boring.

Once you put Co-op in the equation combined with real life friends camera angles and graphics become less important.

Wow, I actually had to register to respond to some of this nonsense that is written here.

First of all, I see absolutely no problem with the camera angle. The sense of depth is still maintained. A thing which I think is absolutely crucial in every game that is starring Lara Croft. I was a little skeptical at first but they did an awesome job.

I wish that more games would come out in the near future that combine these great gameplay features. From excessive shooting, puzzles and platforming.

What I really like about the camera angle is that the gameplay is much more fast paced. Dodging, shooting and jumping works so perfectly well in combination. Honestly, GoL is much much better than I had imagined and after Legend, Anniversary and Underworld my expectations were very high.

Keep up the good work Eidos and ignore the obvious trolls that have apparently no clue what they are talking about.

Still, just to nit-pick a little. An option to look around freely would be great but I don't know how it would work with the current level design.

If this game have not use lara model u would never heard about it. Developer release a minigame. Underexceling and highly disapointing.
    Lol, best post I've read in this thread. Aren't you ashamed of you obvious ignorance and stupidity?

dont feed troll

dont feed troll
    You be trolling!

Anyway, it's definately 3D.

3D

2D
    signature image

To everyone who doesn't like the camera angel must be newbies to gaming.

I LOVE the camera angel. The isometric view is great and I am used to it after playing Sonic 3D Blast: Flickies Island on the Mega Drive and Saturn.

Also the camera shows you a lot more of the game board.

Prince Vlad nice rant and what are you smioking?

This game is sheer brilliance and it kicks the BLEEP out those games that Core Design laughingly called games in TR3,4,5 and Angel Of Darkness

But if you want to miss out because you dont like the camera angle then that is your immature problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicr9 View Post
    To everyone who doesn't like the camera angel must be newbies to gaming.
    I played tons of games with isometric perspective in the early nineties and I even liked them at that time. Now I think they're just old.

Also the camera shows you a lot more of the game board.
    I don't want more of the game board, I want to see the character's perspective, I want to be able to move the camera anywhere and to any direction.

This game is sheer brilliance and it kicks the BLEEP out those games that Core Design laughingly called games in TR3,4,5 and Angel Of Darkness
    Dude, don't... When Core made the first Tomb Raider isometric perspective was already old. Heck, Core's Tomb Raider was what killed isometric perspective. The 3rd person adventure was a revolution in the nineties, isometric perspective in 2010 is so retro.

But if you want to miss out because you dont like the camera angle then that is your immature problem.
    Personally I tried the demo. Hated it from the start, but I could get used to the lame controls and after a while even like playing it to pass time. But I uninstalled it, and deleted the installer. Just because there are much better games to just pass time.
    signature image

http://www.unitedwaytja.org/images/W...Adjustable.gif
    u can belive it or not, but this above picture is truly drawed with pencil, it show doubts of hamlet from the moment to be or not to be. Check the amazing deepth, and details. For peculiar attention u must be aware that author use gamma filter set to max to make it SO AWESOME !

And now explaination if u are under mediocre iq.

2d:
    http://www.gamoholic.net/images/stor...-1280x1024.jpg

But:
    http://www.fpsteam.it/img2004/mod_wo...hristmas05.jpg
    is 2d or 3d? :> (its 2d, but looks like 3d)

http://alltommac.se/files/2009/02/doom2shoot2.jpg
    how about this one ?

http://games.softpedia.com/screensho...ion-Pack_1.jpg
    or this?

Yeah i know, i must be newbie if I bring wolfenstein 3d to this discussion...

How about this:
    http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/...02_07_640w.jpg

As u can hopefully tell by yourself by now - used technic not always determine outcome. And maybe its my immature problem bc i am newbie.

Buit check the sales... this camera brought noone or little. But scare off hella of fans.

I know its good game. agreed here. But not as good as it would be with right camera perspective.

I am only one here to speak in this way bc noone cares, noone bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by zakker View Post
    sorry, this is a double post after my first one. but looking to screen shots of GOL, i don't like the camera angle and i think a lot of people agree.

i hope there is an option to retrieve the old camera, (behind lara)
    YUCK !........I agree totally. This is so annoying having the camera angle like your looking out of an airplane. I think its more to satisfy the RPG, MMORPG players. I want the First person perspective. The controls are insane. Too bad there wasn't an option like zakker mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Wow, I actually had to register to respond to some of this nonsense that is written here.

First of all, I see absolutely no problem with the camera angle. The sense of depth is still maintained. A thing which I think is absolutely crucial in every game that is starring Lara Croft. I was a little skeptical at first but they did an awesome job.

I wish that more games would come out in the near future that combine these great gameplay features. From excessive shooting, puzzles and platforming.

What I really like about the camera angle is that the gameplay is much more fast paced. Dodging, shooting and jumping works so perfectly well in combination. Honestly, GoL is much much better than I had imagined and after Legend, Anniversary and Underworld my expectations were very high.

Keep up the good work Eidos and ignore the obvious trolls that have apparently no clue what they are talking about.

Still, just to nit-pick a little. An option to look around freely would be great but I don't know how it would work with the current level design.

Lol, best post I've read in this thread. Aren't you ashamed of you obvious ignorance and stupidity?
    The camera angle sucks. Period.

If you want my two cents then here they are; fairly simple too:
    1 - The camera angle is better than the pillar releases due to the fact there's no problems with it. Fixing what needed fixing.
    2 - The game (from what I've played) is more fun than the pillar releases.
    3 - It's likely to sell more than the pillar releases (lets say 10 of my mates wont touch TR with a bargepole; 8 of them have bought GOL and are loving it but the 10 said they wont be going near TR9).
    4 - The dialogue is better than it was in Underworld (slightly less of "Said the pot to the kettle")... still not as fluid as I've seen in other game but Keeley makes it sound better than it probably is.

Ok been playing for a few hours now and the isometric perspective isn't so bad, actually its pretty cool although I would prefer the FP perspective, you know to see more closely into corners and to be able to pan around.

That is 3D. If it has 3D models and 3D locations it is 3D! LCGOL is 3D. GAH!

It irritates me when someon is so obvioulsy wrong on something so ridiculous!
    signature image

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast