Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light key art. OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    and thats when i decided Pulse was awesome epic, lol

but imo she doesnt look asian they have just made her eyes more normal, Eidos even said themselves that lara has always had abnormally large legs and eyes for her size but definatly agree about the totec bit...maybe he was a mayan he didnt go out in the sun
    Aw

Yes. He looks ancient. Perhaps he's just been chillin inside the temple for the past few centuries.
    signature image

Hey, I just found out who made it!

Michael Komarck.

Just in case people wanted to know.
    signature image

is he a cd employee?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    is he a cd employee?
    I don't think he is... I think he's worked alongside a few people like sony so I think he is probably freelance kinda thing.

Don't quote me on that cause the site didn't say yes or no like.

No idea. I think they probably hired him to make it.
    signature image

I like this picture, it seems very realistic.
    signature image

kudos to Mark Komarck
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

I checked out that Michael Komarck's art gallery and he has some pretty awesome stuff!!! Great artist!!!
    signature image

I like it, it's verrrry realistic. I agree she should look close to that in TR9! At first she remined me of Milla Jovovich though (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing).

OK, I've been a Tomb Raider fan right from the Tomb Raider Chronicles game and I have seen the game getting only better from that point onwards - graphics, gameplay, music, animation and LARA CROFT herself. The models used for making out beloved Lara Croft WERE NOT THE FINAL LARA CROFT! In this case, she looks like a model herself rather than the LARA CROFT we've come to love..

I'm terribly terribly disappointed and I know that it won't matter to you (guys at Eidos), but seriously, I've heard the gameplay of this upcoming title and I swear if the overal product is not close or equal to the previous titles, I'll never buy a Tomb Raider again.

PS: The game sounds a LOT like Resident Evil 5 - Areawise, tribals... probably even the un-dead/zombies!!! I thought Eidos was original...

Quote Originally Posted by merie View Post
    I like it, it's verrrry realistic. I agree she should look close to that in TR9! At first she remined me of Milla Jovovich though (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing).
    Dude are you sure? She doesn't resemble MILLA JOVOVICH at ALL! And if she did, it would be a BAD thing, we know Lara Croft as LARA CROFT not Milla Jovovich or Karima Abedide!

Quote Originally Posted by gracemillian View Post
    OK, I've been a Tomb Raider fan right from the Tomb Raider Chronicles game and I have seen the game getting only better from that point onwards - graphics, gameplay, music, animation and LARA CROFT herself. The models used for making out beloved Lara Croft WERE NOT THE FINAL LARA CROFT! In this case, she looks like a model herself rather than the LARA CROFT we've come to love..

I'm terribly terribly disappointed and I know that it won't matter to you (guys at Eidos), but seriously, I've heard the gameplay of this upcoming title and I swear if the overal product is not close or equal to the previous titles, I'll never buy a Tomb Raider again.

PS: The game sounds a LOT like Resident Evil 5 - Areawise, tribals... probably even the un-dead/zombies!!! I thought Eidos was original...
    Calm down there's nothing to worry about, it's a spin-off game meaning that it's not going to have the same gameplay mechanics of the main series. In a way this is a good thing because people who got bored of the franchise may find this game new and interesting.

And as for being the same as Resi 5, I can easily say that there's absolutely no similarities. I don't remember a ancient Mayan warrior helping a archaeologist claim back a mirror artefact in that game... Although, I do remember African villages suffering from bio-hazardous side effects by being involved with a couple of evil pharmaceutical laboratories. May I ask how those plots are similar? Or have I been playing the wrong version of Resident Evil 5? ^.^;

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    Calm down there's nothing to worry about, it's a spin-off game meaning that it's not going to have the same gameplay mechanics of the main series. In a way this is a good thing because people who got bored of the franchise may find this game new and interesting.

And as for being the same as Resi 5, I can easily say that there's absolutely no similarities. I don't remember a ancient Mayan warrior helping a archaeologist claim back a mirror artefact in that game... Although, I do remember African villages suffering from bio-hazardous side effects by being involved with a couple of evil pharmaceutical laboratories. May I ask how those plots are similar? Or have I been playing the wrong version of Resident Evil 5? ^.^;
    signature image

I get your point but you see, I love this game series sooooooooo much that i'm REALLY worried...

Don't worry. I doubt if the effects of the game aren't good (which I doubt) it will harm the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by gracemillian View Post
    Dude are you sure? She doesn't resemble MILLA JOVOVICH at ALL! And if she did, it would be a BAD thing, we know Lara Croft as LARA CROFT not Milla Jovovich or Karima Abedide!
    Oh no, it was just for a few seconds when I saw the pic for the very first time, maybe the angle or something or the pose made me think about her, but upon looking at the pic more carefully, nah I don't see it anymore. And I know our Lara is our Lara and not some Milla Jovovich girl... Believe me I know that!

BTW, I'm not a dude.

wow amazin, thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123