Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STUNNING New GOL Photo - WOW

STUNNING New GOL Photo - WOW

Get ready to drool! Check out this new GOL shot below - is all I can say. WOW.

You are welcome

o snap that is sweet...but i am going to do my usual thang of saying...the face isn't right i got used to underworld lara

but still it is sweet...thank you for sharing
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Thumbs Up

That is totally awesome!
    Is this official?

Thanks!
    signature image

The screen is from the Global Brand Director at Crystal Dynamics! I hope we'll be seeing the REST of this shot soon!

Wow, looks like Lara meets Kratos or Perseus.?
    signature image

Very nice render, thanks for posting it Katie_Tomb_Raider, looking forward to seeing a bigger version if one is offered to the fans. Lara is for once looking quite normal in that render, nice to see.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

That is awesome. Lara looks great! And Totec's not too bad either.

Awesome screenshot! hope this is how the cutscenes are gonna look like.

Quote Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 View Post
    hope this is how the cutscenes are gonna look like.
    If it is from the cutscenes then does it mean they could be CGI

Anywho, nice picture!

Quote Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 View Post
    Awesome screenshot! hope this is how the cutscenes are gonna look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    If it is from the cutscenes then does it mean they could be CGI

Anywho, nice picture!
    GOL has hand drawn web comic style cutscenes, not CGI, and not even like the Tomb Raider games. The picture is a render, hair that realistic cannot be done with a game engine yet.
    Emma Watson would make a great Lara, and a British actress should play a British icon!

Yeah, you are right. I don´t think the cutscenes will look like that either, since they said in one of those articles it would be comic-style. But wouldn't it be great if the next TR looked like that?

Is it a render though? It looks drawn/painted to me.

So where is that full version? Gimme!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
    GOL has hand drawn web comic style cutscenes, not CGI, and not even like the Tomb Raider games. The picture is a render, hair that realistic cannot be done with a game engine yet.
    Thats good that's its not CGI because I'm not a fan at all I like the comic style cutscenes though, cause the games I've seen use them are quite nice to see.

So it just like the renders they released for underworld and the renders some games release? Not something thats actually powered by the engine as you you said as it can't be done with current engines? I'm really confused today cause I've got a headache so not much information is taken in

From what I can see Lara's looking absolutely stunning in that image! Oh, and Totec doesn't look half bad either... ^.~

@Ants_27_ It's just a fancy render to promote the game, it's not actually a representation of the in-game graphics (Hehe, I sound like the small print included in game commercials).

I love Lara's face!

And that guy reminds me of someone, give me a minute.
    Villa, villa.

OMG!!! That is totally AWESOME!!!!
    Lara's face is just perfect! Best Lara render for a game, imo!!!

Thanks for sharing Katie!

Edit - http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/...enders-01.html
    signature image

Wow that looks stunning! But lara's face is a little bit different. Oh well she still looks like a hardcore killing machine

Now that I've seen the full image, is it wrong for me to say that Totec is pretty good looking (especially for an ancient god/guardian)? It's just that I thought he'd look like a monster more than anything...

Anyway I still think that Lara's looks absolutely stunning here; and if I didn't say that, she'll probably kill me judging from the expression she has on her face!

Incredible shot. Love everything about the look of it and hope the game looks as good.

Lara's face I think is brill and right again but the TRU Lara had a good face in promo shots but didn't happen in the game. I really want to see Lara look like that in GOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    @Ants_27_ It's just a fancy render to promote the game, it's not actually a representation of the in-game graphics (Hehe, I sound like the small print included in game commercials).
    My headaches cleared now and I understand it all now!

Quote Originally Posted by naraku View Post
    Wow, looks like Lara meets Kratos or Perseus.?
    it would have to be Perseus she could get along with him, Kratos would try and pound lara's face into the ground and make it concave and then ask for forgiveness by killing himself...total emo moment :P
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Now that I've seen the full image, is it wrong for me to say that Totec is pretty good looking (especially for an ancient god/guardian)? It's just that I thought he'd look like a monster more than anything...

Anyway I still think that Lara's looks absolutely stunning here; and if I didn't say that, she'll probably kill me judging from the expression she has on her face!
    Haha, gods are supposed to be attractive Han. Though he does have those bone piercings....

Quote Originally Posted by Max 28 View Post
    Haha, gods are supposed to be attractive Han. Though he does have those bone piercings....
    I guess you're right, but I was just thinking that in certain media they make gods seem more menacing and "bad ass" than attractive...

Also come to think of it he's not been classed as a god, as he? (I was a bit unsure in my previous post so I looked back at a few preview articles). He's just been called a warrior. Anyway I thought he'd look more over-the-top aggressive like Kratos from God Of War or something.

What I'm trying to say is that it surprised me when I realised he looks more like a normal bloke than a few warriors/gods/guardians lately. In my mind he was either a monster or someone with HUGE unrealistic muscles (Chris Redfield I'm talking about you!).

He still looks pretty attractive with those bone piercings through his nose though. Hehe... I can't believe I've just said that! And yes I know he's a fictional character before you say anything, I'm not fixated on him.

I guess you're right, but I was just thinking that in certain media they make gods seem more menacing and "bad ass" than attractive...

Also come to think of it he's not been classed as a god, as he? (I was a bit unsure in my previous post so I looked back at a few preview articles). He's just been called a warrior. Anyway I thought he'd look more over-the-top aggressive like Kratos from God Of War or something.

What I'm trying to say is that it surprised me when I realised he looks more like a normal bloke than a few warriors/gods/guardians lately. In my mind he was either a monster or someone with HUGE unrealistic muscles (Chris Redfield I'm talking about you!).

He still looks pretty attractive with those bone piercings through his nose though. Hehe... I can't believe I've just said that! And yes I know he's a fictional character before you say anything, I'm not fixated on him.
    Chris Redfield is indeed unrealisticly HUGE! But I love him that way!!!

But you're right about Totec! I never expected him to look so good!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Chris Redfield is indeed unrealisticly HUGE! But I love him that way!!!

But you're right about Totec! I never expected him to look so good!!!
    Yes I'm not alone!

Although I have to admit, I do prefer Resi 1/Code Veronica's Chris because it was a bit weird to see him that big in Resi 5 (He's so big that they've now made him fight The Incredible Hulk in the MvC3 trailer!). O.O

Yes I'm not alone!

Although I have to admit, I do prefer Resi 1/Code Veronica's Chris because it was a bit weird to see him that big in Resi 5 (He's so big that they've now made him fight The Incredible Hulk in the MvC3 trailer!). O.O
    I honestly prefer him in Resi 5!!! His just too damn hot to resist!!! ^.^
    But I didn't know about that trailer! Got to go check it out!!!

But back on topic, Totec really looks great and I'm glad to see Lara in a more realistic style!!!
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast