Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: How To: Loose Door Tether ("LDT") - An almost unbreakable tether in JC2, all platform

How To: Loose Door Tether ("LDT") - An almost unbreakable tether in JC2, all platform

Never fear, sfmountainbiker, I will have a video up by the time you're back for the mystery glitch!

Originally Posted by Nicate
    Aircraft control surfaces cannot be grappled onto, the grappler just goes through it.
    Thanks for that Nicate, I'll not remain too optimistic then. All the rudders I've seen are solid, I'm not even sure there are any moving ones anyway.. Will leave it.
    KD's Glitch Tutorial Videos - Includes: Longest Tether Exploit, Loose Door Tether, No-Clip, Plant Surfing, Suicide Bomber.. and more!

Hmm... I seem to recall being able to move the rudder of the Cassius?

*checks*

Yup, it moves when you roll left or right. However, grappling the rudder has the same effect as when grappling an unopened door, it sticks but the tether breaks when coming under tension (and even though the rudder moves, the grappler end does not). When you exit the aircraft using stunt jump, the rudder remains like it is in-flight, again much like a door behaves, but it is no longer grapplable like the other control surfaces :/

Originally Posted by Nicate
    grappling the rudder has the same effect as when grappling an unopened door, it sticks but the tether breaks when coming under tension (and even though the rudder moves, the grappler end does not). When you exit the aircraft using stunt jump, the rudder remains like it is in-flight, again much like a door behaves, but it is no longer grapplable like the other control surfaces :/
    Good detailed info there again, cheers Nicate, 'preciate it bud

EDIT: If you're a moderator and are reading this, could you please change the title of this thread as requested in the first post? I can't believe no-one's done it yet given the popularity..
    KD's Glitch Tutorial Videos - Includes: Longest Tether Exploit, Loose Door Tether, No-Clip, Plant Surfing, Suicide Bomber.. and more!

BTW, I think all or many aircraft have moving rudders, they just move so very slightly on the Airhawk and the Leopard.

LDT with the Pocumtuck RV

After having followed this thread for a week or so, I gave it a try at an RV spawn spot, which also has wind turbines, helicopters, and large military boat (Originally Posted by xbox360kris, spawn spot for the pocumtuck X:25881 Y:3249).

Results are in: (1) RV can be tethered to the wind turbine - video below. It eventually broke after destroying the windmill next to it. (2) RV can be dragged but not lifted with the helicopter. However, if dragged into the water is drags the helicopter with it (guess this should have been obvious). The tether doesn't break even underwater - see video. (3) RV can be tethered to the big military boat, and won't break but will pull the back of the boat down quite a bit. So many possibilities, so little time.

Originally Posted by wierd3
    After having followed this thread for a week or so, I gave it a try at an RV spawn spot, which also has wind turbines, helicopters, and large military boat (Originally Posted by xbox360kris, spawn spot for the pocumtuck X:25881 Y:3249).
    I'd enjoy watching your videos, but I can't - they're set to 'private' atm.

Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    I'd enjoy watching your videos, but I can't - they're set to 'private' atm.
    my bad, thanks for the heads up. they should be fixed now. I really like the second video, because it surprised me when the helicopter sank.

Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    Never fear, sfmountainbiker, I will have a video up by the time you're back for the mystery glitch!

Thanks for that Nicate, I'll not remain too optimistic then. All the rudders I've seen are solid, I'm not even sure there are any moving ones anyway.. Will leave it.
    I'm back! Where's the video!?!?!?

Originally Posted by sfmountainbiker
    I'm back! Where's the video!?!?!?
    lol, sorry buddy, been busy with work. I'll get on it today

i lol'd at the second video when the car alarm was activated xD
    i hate the fact the windmills don't respawn

not bad
    You miss me...?

Use LDT between any vehicle and a chopper, then fly the chopper with attached vehicle in tow, then stunt jump from chopper. Even though you're using grapple to hang from the chopper, the towed vehicle grapple doesn't break!
    you can do this anyway

Originally Posted by Moikle
    you can do this anyway
    OP has been amended, thanks.

After you finish the game the mobile home spawns at Blaine's house ,all the time.

LDT tether it to the car there (the already damaged car) right to the front left of the mobile home.

If you tow it long enough behind you the car becomes invisible but still causes damage.

It's great because the mobile home is a decent speed and can pull the car quite well.

After about 1/4 of a mile the car LDT tethered will become invisible, yet still cause destruction.

Originally Posted by German
    <SNIP>If you tow it long enough behind you the car becomes invisible but still causes damage.<SNIP>
    Hah, nice trick there, German! Thanks for taking the time to share. I have a video I'll be uploading in the next 24 hours showing two new glitches I've developed, one of which lets you create a whole host of different invisible objects. Keep your eyes peeled, it will have a thread title "How To: Plant Surfing and the Ghost Grapple"

[QUOTE=KomodoDave;1430758]Hah, nice trick there, German! Thanks for taking the time to share. I have a video I'll be uploading in the next 24 hours showing two new glitches I've developed, one of which lets you create a whole host of different invisible objects. Keep your eyes peeled, it will have a thread title "How To: Plant Surfing and the Ghost Grapple" [

Awsome job KomodoDave keep searching for glitches because people like me love a good glitch. Right now I am trying to get unlimited ammo with APG so far nothing.

Originally Posted by Cheesepuff
    Awsome job KomodoDave keep searching for glitches because people like me love a good glitch. Right now I am trying to get unlimited ammo with APG so far nothing.
    Thanks bud I've got another glitch developed and all ready to demonstrate which I call the "Ghost Grapple", I just need to sort out some issues with the video.

Good luck with the APG ammo - I've tried that myself but had no success. Would be great if we managed to find a way..

Helicopters - all of them? WTF? Half of them don't even have doors? WTF am I supposed to do then?

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Helix Snake
    Helicopters - all of them? WTF? Half of them don't even have doors? WTF am I supposed to do then?
    All helicopters have doors, one either side of the nose. I'm hoping to re-do all my existing videos in Mac OS Snow Leopard in a few hours, if all goes to plan.. just got back from travelling though, so may need some sleep first! It's 5am here (UK).

Also, I recommend you write more politely, or a mod is likely to give you an infraction

Is the front window of a heli supposed to open? Because I can't get it to. Do I have to hit it at a certain angle?

Originally Posted by Helix Snake
    Is the front window of a heli supposed to open? Because I can't get it to. Do I have to hit it at a certain angle?
    There are two doors on every heli, one to the left and one to the right of the nose. The nose itself has a solid panel on it, so don't shoot that. The doors are situated such that their centre lies central to the pilot + passenger seat inside the cockpit.

Shoot at either door, bullet by bullet, until the crosshair turns red instead of green. Once it's red, you know the panel is loosened.

Next, if you've loosened the left door from pilot's perspective: face the nose of the helicopter whilst standing in front of it and slightly move to Rico's right. Adjust your view, so you're aiming at thin air. You want the crosshair to be white, i.e. not locked onto the helicopter's main grappling point, so equip a weapon and zoom in; this will limit the auto-lock sensitivity. Finally, you press and hold the grapple button - since Rico fires the grapple a little left of the crosshair, he'll latch onto the loosened door if you aim sufficiently to the right. It's also helpful to position Rico such that as you're looking past the heli the door surface is the first part of the heli which visually lies to the left of the crosshair.

Clear?! lol, I hope you can understand that. The above technique is exactly the same if you loosen the left door, but since you'll once again need to fire a little right of the door and into thin air, you'll have to face the heli from behind it, and move slightly to the right again.

I'll make a new video for this and some other LDT tricks in the next few days, hopefully at lunchtime tomorrow.

Thanks sammich

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345