Thread: How To: Loose Door Tether ("LDT") - An almost unbreakable tether in JC2, all platform

How To: Loose Door Tether ("LDT") - An almost unbreakable tether in JC2, all platform

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by sfmountainbiker
    Sorry, didn't mean to steal any well deserved thunder from Komodo. I would be happy to call it the Komodo Tether, but to be honest I like the self-descriptiveness of the Loose Door Tether and the succinctness of the LDT acronym. Perhaps we give it an official name like "The Loose Door Tether by Komodo™”.
    LOL! Nah, I'm fine with "LDT", let's stick to that Great suggestion though :P

    Originally Posted by Insane-Rob
    All hail TLDTbK!
    hahaha, thanks for that you crazy Rob you..

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    Thanks man - I've actually changed my video annotations and title post to just use "LDT" again, I think it's more obvious for people to remember it.. Would be good if you could change it to be that again, and also link the title to this thread, so users can come and see the latest info in the title post, if that's ok?

    lol, I know, isn't it just! When you tether two vehicle doors/hatches together, you get double the "give" so it's even more ridiculously strong.. I couldn't believe it when I tethered the black market tank's front hatch to a plane and saw it get dragged off down the track! It breaks as the plane accelerates upwards if you don't stunt jump on the plane, but lasts for longer than normal. If you stunt jump on the plane, the tank stays attached.. does that normally happen with the tank? I can't remember. It's a fiddly one, that tank front hatch; I found you had to use a low-level shotgun to open it, any other gun always seemed to make it fall off, even if you fire one bullet at a time.
    I think it's the K sound that doesn't really stick with people... LDT seems so much easier to use XD But whatever, either way is fine with me.

    The revolver (at least at level 6) is also good at opening doors/hatches/canopies. It works on the tank too.

    Interestingly, the Marten Storm III (the Reapahs gang car) has little doors at the back so you can actually drag something while driving forward without having to constantly correct course. I had some trouble trying to get the tether to latch onto it though.

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by Insane-Rob
    All hail TLDTbK™!
    Fixed it for you.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by sfmountainbiker
    Fixed it for you.
    Lol, much better

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by Nicate
    Marten Storm III (the Reapahs gang car) has little doors at the back so you can actually drag something while driving forward without having to constantly correct course. I had some trouble trying to get the tether to latch onto it though.
    Good info - will add that now, and credit you again, Nicate

  6. #56
    OMG thanks for bumping this thread - I never knew this existed! Awesome!
    LOVE LIST: RedPillow, Rios, The Zoo Boy, xbox360kris, Movura, dayd41, NovaSilisko, Ostrich, A.I., German. twitter.com/Pobby27 youtube.com/user/Pobby1000

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,180
    Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    Thanks man - I've actually changed my video annotations and title post to just use "LDT" again, I think it's more obvious for people to remember it.. Would be good if you could change it to be that again, and also link the title to this thread, so users can come and see the latest info in the title post, if that's ok?
    fixed I also added sf's videos , it shows how to aim at the doors and such quite well

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by AssassinAgent47
    fixed I also added sf's videos , it shows how to aim at the doors and such quite well
    Great, cheers buddy

  9. #59
    Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    can someone check the Skeeter Eagle please? I'm short on time right now, but couldn't get it to work when I tried. There's one parked at Panau International Airport on the helipad out in the open near the docking bays..
    That's actually a Hawk, or at least the Hawk also spawns there. I couldn't get its doors to stay open though.

    Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    I couldn't get this to work, doors seem to always fall off, and don't look like they'd have a hinge. None visible upon entering/exiting the plane either - KD
    I can tether the Aeroliner to the ground just fine, with the expected physics engine door fibble, as long as the door is open when you tether it.

    [edit] Uh, here's something I forgot about... the UH-10 Chippewa has no doors. [/edit]

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Nicate
    That's actually a Hawk, or at least the Hawk also spawns there. I couldn't get its doors to stay open though..
    Whoops, I meant the Hawk, yes No joy? Ok, I'll add that as confirmed to the "doesn't work" list.

    Originally Posted by Nicate
    I can tether the Aeroliner to the ground just fine, with the expected physics engine door fibble, as long as the door is open when you tether it.
    How did you loosen the door? I couldn't do it via stunt jump or gunfire; perhaps it's just fiddly like the tank hatch, and you've managed to shoot it just the right amount? Let me know, and thanks for the assistance

  11. #61
    I stunt jumped it, and then jumped off and tethered the door from the ground.

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by Nicate
    I stunt jumped it, and then jumped off and tethered the door from the ground.
    Huh, weird.. maybe I just got out without thinking, instead of stunt jumping . Cool, will remove that from "not working" list

  13. #63
    Finally! After hours of painstaking flying I succeeded in a mid-air LDT :P


  14. #64
    Oh the fun you can have with this new invention...


  15. #65
    Ok, last one, I swear!



    This stuff is way too much fun...

  16. #66
    Hahaha, great vids Nicate! First one with the mid-air LDT is skillfully done

  17. #67
    first of all, nice trick!! i thought this would really help me skydiving with vehicles on 5km height ... except, when i LDT a car-door under a chopper and fly up 5km, and hang under my chopper, i cannot cut the cord anymore (where it would snap automatically first if i lifted a car without LDT) Dang!
    Just Because.

  18. #68
    Originally Posted by alienator303
    first of all, nice trick!! i thought this would really help me skydiving with vehicles on 5km height ... except, when i LDT a car-door under a chopper and fly up 5km, and hang under my chopper, i cannot cut the cord anymore (where it would snap automatically first if i lifted a car without LDT) Dang!
    Hi alienator,

    Thanks for the compliment

    You mean you're hanging off the chopper, AND the car still remains connected? If so, this could lead to interesting possibilities..

    EDIT: I see what you mean, you can hang and it stays attached to the car! Was wondering if there was any way to get multirope out of this; just spent a while experimenting and doesn't seem possible sadly. Cool to hang and have the vehicle stay attached though! Will add this to title post, thanks for mentioning this, alienator.

  19. #69
    no problem, glad i could add *something* usefull to this thread
    Just Because.

  20. #70
    I've found another use for LDT, though the benefit isn't really apparent at the mo, we'll have to see what trickery we can come up with related to this.

    Noticed how black market vehicles only spawn 2 at a time? If you try to spawn 3 in succession, the oldest one of the 3 will disappear.

    I noticed you can temporarily overcome this by tethering the oldest vehicle to any other object. Once the third vehicle is spawned, the oldest one will remain, and disappears as soon as you break the tether (by pressing grapple button).

    Now, the bonus with LDT in this situation is that you can LDT the oldest vehicle *to itself* and it'll still stay loaded. If you try a normal grapple to itself, the oldest vehicle will just disappear as soon as the 3rd BM vehicle is called in.

    My mind's trying to working out what we can do with this.. Not come up with much so far sadly!

    You can even get 4 BM vehicles this way if you normal tether the first two vehicles to each other. If you LDT tether the first two vehicles instead, one of them still disappears but leaves the door behind, attached to the grapple.

    If you have an older vehicle which is only hanging around because it's tethered to something, then you get in it and fly, then break the grapple, unfortunately nothing cool happens, the vehicle just disappears as soon as you exit it. I tried stunt jumping after I'd broken the cable, but the vehicle still remained until I got off properly.

    I also tried tethering the oldest vehicle to an explosive barrel, spawning the 3rd vehicle, firing once at the explosive barrel (which set it alight but gave me time to get into the oldest vehicle before it exploded and broke the grapple), but once it had exploded and the grapple had gone, the vehicle remains until you've exited it, just as before.

    I was wondering whether we could develop anything using these disappearing vehicles.. let me know if any of you has a good idea.

    EDIT: Still mucking around with this. It'll actually delete the oldest vehicle you're not in/on. So if you spawn vehicle A, then vehicle B, tether them together, then spawn vehicle C, then stunt jump on (or get into) A and break the grapple, B will disappear even though A's older. Again, not sure whether this is going anywhere.. but it's fun to experiment

  21. #71
    Sweet, through experimenting with this, I've found a way to permanently spawn at least one extra BM vehicle, without requiring that a grapple remain fixed anywhere Will post details shortly, want to perfect it..

  22. #72
    I've since tried to take off again with another aircraft attached to the one I was flying, in all sorts of configurations, but I couldn't reproduce the first result anymore :P

    Perhaps the trick is a really long tether... I was making them shorter and shorter. I would like to sustain a bit of a longer flight with the other aircraft gliding behind me. Of course, I dunno if that aircraft is actually producing lift in the physics engine... it does have those vortex wakes from its wingtips though.

  23. #73
    Originally Posted by Nicate
    I've since tried to take off again with another aircraft attached to the one I was flying, in all sorts of configurations, but I couldn't reproduce the first result anymore :P

    Perhaps the trick is a really long tether... I was making them shorter and shorter. I would like to sustain a bit of a longer flight with the other aircraft gliding behind me. Of course, I dunno if that aircraft is actually producing lift in the physics engine... it does have those vortex wakes from its wingtips though.
    I was able to tie two leopards last night. Not very easy to maintain any sort of control. Sort of like hanging on to a bull at the rodeo. Also had some fun with a couple chevalier's see the results below:




  24. #74
    Thanks! These tips inspired me to do this...

    Interactive Just Cause 2 Panau Map - http://goo.gl/bwZG
    www.playstationleague.co.uk - meet, talk, play, UK - PS3 Gaming Community

  25. #75
    Does this work on boats?

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last