Thread: How To: Loose Door Tether ("LDT") - An almost unbreakable tether in JC2, all platform

How To: Loose Door Tether ("LDT") - An almost unbreakable tether in JC2, all platform

Originally Posted by KomodoDave
    Hi guys,
    "LOOSE DOOR TETHER" EDIT!

added

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...38#post1333538

I was gonna rename it the "Komodo Tether"

?what ya think?

Ok, i'm having a stupid moment here. How do I get the car door to remain open? I steal a car, stunt jump, but the door closes every time

EDIT: never mind, seems to be doing it now. Weird.

Originally Posted by AssassinAgent47
    added

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...38#post1333538

I was gonna rename it the "Komodo Tether"

?what ya think?
    lol, well of course I'm happy with that, '47! I'll rename my "LDT" references etc., will spot when you've changed it. Thanks for your brilliant work in that thread, I've been following it for some time Cheers for the mention.

Originally Posted by supertom
    Ok, i'm having a stupid moment here. How do I get the car door to remain open? I steal a car, stunt jump, but the door closes every time

EDIT: never mind, seems to be doing it now. Weird.
    It can occasionally close.. you can shoot it from the car roof to be sure, like I do in the video with the purple racecar. It'll only ever shut fully if it's not been opened by gunfire.. 99% of the time it stays open when you stunt jump from inside the vehicle though! Anyway, glad you got it working

Had a lot of fun with this last night...I'll post the video evidence shortly...

The Topachula's cockpit hatch can also be opened... I usually have this after having taken one or two missiles onto the thing :P

Same for the Silverbolt's hatch, as posted, you just don't see it because gravity keeps it shut. If you pull down, inertia will show whether it's loose or not.

Originally Posted by sfmountainbiker
    Had a lot of fun with this last night...I'll post the video evidence shortly...
    Looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by Nicate
    The Topachula's cockpit hatch can also be opened... I usually have this after having taken one or two missiles onto the thing :P

Same for the Silverbolt's hatch, as posted, you just don't see it because gravity keeps it shut. If you pull down, inertia will show whether it's loose or not.
    Nice one, I'll add them to the list, thanks Nicate

This thread really should be stickied. Everyone playing the game on the consoles needs to know about this.

Here's a few highlights from last night:

LDT Catapult

Reverse LDT Tether Destroys Windmill

Loose Door Tether = Long Distance Travel

Icebreaker + LDT Unbreakable Grapple + Jet = Fail

Military Jet Surfing with the LDT Unbreakable Grapple

Flying Icebreaker (LDT + Ski Lift)

wow nice vids,I'm gonna have fun with the grapple trick

lol, awesome vids sfmountainbiker! Thanks for uploading The take-off portion of the long distance travel one is hilarious!

(p.s. the "Icebreaker.." one is a private video, we can't view it currently)

I guess it looks like the Leopard works too I suspect the Jet Tengu will work as well then, since it also has a canopy. The Airhawk has a canopy too, right? The Cassius and other larger aircraft don't, but they do have a door...

It's funny to see the physics hinge trying to cope with the forces involved.

Looks like all aircraft work (although I was unable to test the Bering because I have 100% on the two bases it appears on).

The Silverbolt, the Eclipse, the Airhawk, and the Leopard have a canopy that remains open when you Stunt Jump out of the aircraft, even though it doesn't look like it is.

The Cassius and the Aeroliner have a door that remains open when you Stunt Jump out of the aircraft. Unfortunately, the Aeroliner is so large you cannot target the door while surfing, but you can easily hit the door while on the ground because the Stunt Jump position is right behind the door while standing next to it (so you can just use the locking autotarget).

lol, awesome vids sfmountainbiker! Thanks for uploading The take-off portion of the long distance travel one is hilarious!

(p.s. the "Icebreaker.." one is a private video, we can't view it currently)
    Fixed!

Is that a "jumped x distance" stat that just keeps on popping up?

A couple things I discovered through my trials last night.

1. The LDT works from the ground only if you aim slightly to the right (i.e. aiming slightly to the left will not cause it to grapple onto the door/hatch). As such, it's important have yourself or the vehicle pointed in the right direction.

2. LDT works in reverse! See video above. You can grapple onto an object such as a windmill and then do a LDT to a vehicle.

3. LDT works on planes (as noted by Nicate)! It appears that when you do a stunt jump from a plane the latch on the hatch (o.k. Dr. Seuss) is undone. Even though the hatch appears to be closed it will work for the LDT. Obviously this only works with planes that have hatches.

4. LDT is a * load of fun.

Originally Posted by sfmountainbiker
    Loose Door Tether = Long Distance Travel
    FYI, you can do this normally without the LDT.

awesome discovery man, keep it up!
    Originally Posted by Stuntman944
    This shark is white. Or I mean....right.

sorry Komodo looks like "Komodo Tether" isn't catching on

Comeon dudes its the "Komodo Tether" not LDT sandwhich

guess I'll edit my post again

lol nevermind! It was a good suggestion, it's shorter if nothing else.. but I guess "Loose Door Tether" is more obvious! I'm not fussed

Looks like it works on helicopters too, you have to shoot open their doors and trick latch onto them though because they have that different stunt position where you hang below it.

Damn Rowlinson can't even lift a roadblock. At level 6, it goes completely nuts though when tethered.

Looks like all aircraft work (although I was unable to test the Bering because I have 100% on the two bases it appears on).

The Silverbolt, the Eclipse, the Airhawk, and the Leopard have a canopy that remains open when you Stunt Jump out of the aircraft, even though it doesn't look like it is.

The Cassius and the Aeroliner have a door that remains open when you Stunt Jump out of the aircraft. Unfortunately, the Aeroliner is so large you cannot target the door while surfing, but you can easily hit the door while on the ground because the Stunt Jump position is right behind the door while standing next to it (so you can just use the locking autotarget).
    Nice work Nicate, thanks for the elucidation I'll add the info and your name next to it

Wind Turbines here I come...as long as I havn't destroyed them all.

Looks like it works on helicopters too, you have to shoot open their doors and trick latch onto them though because they have that different stunt position where you hang below it.

Damn Rowlinson can't even lift a roadblock. At level 6, it goes completely nuts though when tethered.
    Yes, annoying that you hang off so stunt jump doesn't work, isn't it.. I had the black market helicopters on my list, but didn't have time to test many others, except a Skeeter Eagle, which I couldn't get to work.. I'll just say all of them now, if we find any exceptions, I'll add them to the "NOT Working" list.

lol nevermind! It was a good suggestion, it's shorter if nothing else.. but I guess "Loose Door Tether" is more obvious! I'm not fussed
    ehh I'll just leave it KT for now

This is seriouly strong compared to the constant breaking of the normal tether,OMG what fun

ehh I'll just leave it KT for now

This is seriouly strong compared to the constant breaking of the normal tether,OMG what fun
    Thanks man - I've actually changed my video annotations and title post to just use "LDT" again, I think it's more obvious for people to remember it.. Would be good if you could change it to be that again, and also link the title to this thread, so users can come and see the latest info in the title post, if that's ok?

lol, I know, isn't it just! When you tether two vehicle doors/hatches together, you get double the "give" so it's even more ridiculously strong.. I couldn't believe it when I tethered the black market tank's front hatch to a plane and saw it get dragged off down the track! It breaks as the plane accelerates upwards if you don't stunt jump on the plane, but lasts for longer than normal. If you stunt jump on the plane, the tank stays attached.. does that normally happen with the tank? I can't remember. It's a fiddly one, that tank front hatch; I found you had to use a low-level shotgun to open it, any other gun always seemed to make it fall off, even if you fire one bullet at a time.

Sorry, didn't mean to steal any well deserved thunder from Komodo. I would be happy to call it the Komodo Tether, but to be honest I like the self-descriptiveness of the Loose Door Tether and the succinctness of the LDT acronym. Perhaps we give it an official name like "The Loose Door Tether by Komodo™”.

All hail TLDTbK!

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last