Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: PS3 Just Cause 2 - Rant

PS3 Just Cause 2 - Rant

PS3 Just Cause 2 - Rant

Now now, I love this game and finally(!) have my exclusive DLC coming in the post but it's really starting to annoy me.

First off, I'm playing on hardcore after beating the game on Normal, and seemingly getting punished for playing the game, I initially thought, I know what I'll do, I'll complete some locations on the game for some improved weapons, a bit more health and some improved vehicles. This however turned out to be a bad idea, why? The game ups the Police Security levels based on Chaos, rather than how far through the story you've got. I've now completed just 3 strongholds and 0 missions, and the first 2 story missions which are required to get to free roam, and have Level 5 HEAT already unlocked.

If that wasn't bad enough, I now also have to button press in I think it's 8 presses to hack something or blow something up, this gets very annoying when trying to blow up a Biofuel shaft and pipeline and you haven't killed everyone, at this stage in the game it would still be a 4 button which is relatively easy to do even when under fire.

And what's with the game freezing up all the time? My PS3 has froze up while playing JC2 more times than in the entire history of it's life.

PS3 has never froze. Ever. Now to move on to hating you

8 presses? WOW THATS SOOOO HARD OMGZ!!!!!123!!!11269696969!
    Come on, not that hard!

Lets see, I can also criticize you for not thinking that hardcore is hardcore. It is hardcore. Hard. Core. It has a hard core. HARD. CORE. HARDCORE. HARDcore. hardCORE. Get it?

I hope so cause people like you kinda just piss me off sometimes. ETz TooooOOOo hARdCoah fo mah!!!@691111!!!!

Also, people like me must also piss other people off.
    Want multiplayer? SIGN!!! Thanks sammich
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/JC2MP#signForm

Welcome to the forum arsenalmark, get used to this, your gonna get a lot of it.

Originally Posted by ElSock

Come on, not that hard!

Lets see, I can also criticize you for not thinking that hardcore is hardcore. It is hardcore. Hard. Core. It has a hard core. HARD. CORE. HARDCORE. HARDcore. hardCORE. Get it?

I hope so cause people like you kinda just piss me off sometimes. ETz TooooOOOo hARdCoah fo mah!!!@691111!!!!

8 presses is pretty difficult when you have a 5 star wanted level, 3 helicopters gunning down on you, a number of police officers running towards you and you're not even onto the 3rd story mission yet, get my point?

Hardcore isn't hardcore, I can't even tell what the difference between when I played it on normal. My whole rant is that the game is punishing me for playing, any other sandbox I've played rewards me for playing the game before the story, take Saints Row 2 for example, that rewards you with infinite ammo for certain weapons when doing some of the challenges.

If you read my thread properly, you'll see I never criticize the game for being too hard, I criticize the game for punishing me for playing the game.

Also, Why can you blow up propaganda trailers and get a 5 star wanted level, and then go blow up a military jet and get very little wanted?

Come on, not that hard!
    It's even easier than that since only the numbers 1 to 4 are used, I play on pc and place little finger on the 1, next finger on 2 and so on, though I wish they had allowed the use on the number pad.

Sounds like your PS3 might be about to crap out on you. In spite of the various glitches etc. in the game, the one thing it hasn't done is freeze on me - and I just logged my 100th hour of game time tonight.

It has a hard core.
    This.

(is what she said.)
    http://www.justcause.com/authenticHATE

Originally Posted by Paranoimia
    Sounds like your PS3 might be about to crap out on you. In spite of the various glitches etc. in the game, the one thing it hasn't done is freeze on me - and I just logged my 100th hour of game time tonight.
    I doubt it, my PS3 is only 9 months old, and the only game it's crashed on recently is Just Cause 2 (It's just crashed for the 6th time today).

Originally Posted by authenticHATE
    This.

(is what she said.)

Again, if you actually read my thread I have no complaints about the difficulty of hardcore since I can barely notice the difference between that and normal anyway.

My rant is that the game is punishing me for playing the game before the story.

The point is that if you signed up for a higher level of difficulty, then you should expect a higher level of difficulty.

The game is punishing you for not learning faster.

Come on, not that hard!

yes..... yes thats true

The point is that if you signed up for a higher level of difficulty, then you should expect a higher level of difficulty.

The game is punishing you for not learning faster.
    READ MY THREAD PROPERLY

I have NO problem with the game being harder on hardcore, I frankly find it an insult that you think I would complain about a game being harder on a harder difficulty.

My point is that this is the only game I've ever played that decides to punish it's players that decide to do side content rather than the main storyline first. It happens on whatever difficulty you play, amateur to hardcore.

On any other game, you do side content, unlock some nice weapon or armor or something, then face the next mission with an advantage over the enemy you previously didn't have (read above, doing certain side missions on Saints Row 2, gives you inf. ammo for certain guns). On JC2 however, doing side content gives the enemy an advantage making it better to just ignore all the side content and do the storyline.

The further you progress through a video game, the harder it gets.

It's not my fault that you just figured out how video games work.

No, normally the further you go through the story the harder it gets.
    Side missions in most games help you, make things easier for you, or at the very least refrain from making the whole game more difficult

The further you progress through a video game, the harder it gets.

It's not my fault that you just figured out how video games work.
    No, No.

The further you progress through the STORY on a video game the harder it gets, side content is supposed to make the game easier for you and give you an advantage, not harder.

I'll say it, once again, Saints Row 2 example.

1: You start the game
    2: After making your character you do the tutorial mission.
    3: You can now either progress with the story or do sidemissions.
    4: You do a side mission and unlock say, an improved shotgun, unlimited shotgun ammo, 15% price reduction on car improvements.
    5: You continue with the story. Or do more side missions.

On JC2 however.

1: You start the game
    2: Do the first 2 storyline missions.
    3: Progress or explore
    4: You explore, Police get Level 3 heat, if you've hunted down 5 weapon upgrades get a minor improvement to whatever weapon you've unlocked in the blackmarker
    5: You continue with the story or explore more.

I took it as a hard learning experience, lost count of the times I got my ass whupped, now I wander through military bases with a machine gun, take on all the soldiers first, then destroy the base at my leisure.

1.Is there a limited edition version of the game available in U.S.if so where do you buy it?

2. will the pre order dlc come out to purchase? ( if so which items and when?)

Just Cause 2 is Saints Row 2?

Oh, my bad. Your point is valid.

Just Cause 2 is Saints Row 2?

Oh, my bad. Your point is valid.
    Because I'm totally gonna compare Just Cause 2, say, to Just Cause 2 aren't I?

They're similar games, fun, not too serious, sandbox games, hence why I compared the two.

But really, it goes to any game, You can either do side content and gain an advantage over the enemy, or do the story without the advantage from the optional content.

There's a million examples of side-quests in games making it easier (or at the very least not harder). Saints Row 2 is just a good comparison because it's another sandbox game with fun as the main focus.
    It's also a good example of side-missions done right.

You're thinking of this in the wrong context.

You're getting improved weapons and vehicles, not to mention money and missions.

So the game is scaling with you.

PS3 has never froze. Ever. Now to move on to hating you.
    this.
    And so basically you want to have the best guns, full health, tons of cash, and no heat. Boy does that sound like a challeging video game. May I suggest Barbie horserider 2 for the original playstation? It seems to be what your looking for.

Wow I'm surprised at some of these responses. I have no further comments for this thread until I do again.
    Want multiplayer? SIGN!!! Thanks sammich
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/JC2MP#signForm

Originally Posted by Black Market
    this.
    And so basically you want to have the best guns, full health, tons of cash, and no heat. Boy does that sound like a challeging video game. May I suggest Barbie horserider 2 for the original playstation? It seems to be what your looking for.
    1) Cash is quite useless in this game I've fount, I have $3m atm, and haven't spent a penny yet.
    2) Best Guns, Full Health - Yup and Yup, Aslong as it takes long enough to get them, It's 80 Weapons parts per gun I believe for Lv1 to Lv 6, and something like 400 armor parts? So that's 640 things to collect if you want 3 guns max, then add an extra 160 for Frag Grenades and Time Explosive, and another 80 per favorite vehicle, So, yeah, I think it wouldn't be too much of a longshot for the game not to punish people who grind at the start of the game.
    3) I never actually noticed the difference between my guns (other than increased ammo) and health at the start and end of the game on my first play, they seem to do very little.

And again, another person who seems to think my problem is the difficulty.

So again, the game isn't hard one bit. Not at all, It's one of the easiest games I've played on the hardest difficulty since Resident Evil 5 on 'Professional'.

So again, Why should the player be punished for playing the side content on the game, JC2 is the only game that does this that I have, and have played.

Examples - A few from my PS3 games collection
    Saints Row 2 - Inf. Ammo, Inf. Respect, Improved Weapons, Price Reductions, More Weapons etc.
    Final Fantasy XIII - Weapons, Accessories, XP, Components etc.
    Fallout 3 - Bobbleheads, Weapons, Ammo, Armor, Perks, XP
    Dragon Age: Origins - Weapons, Armor, Arrows, Runes, XP, Party Members
    Mercenaries 2 - Money, Airstrikes, Tanks, Helicopters.
    Resident Evil 5 - Ammo, Noticeable weapon improvements, Inf Ammo, Money, Treasure, Herbs

Then we get
    Just Cause 2 - Slightly Improved Weapons, Slightly Improved Vehicles, Slightly more health, military defense increases.

One thing you notice? All the previous have entirely positive boosts from straying away from the strory, Just Cause 2 is the only negative one.

And it also makes no sense what so ever in my head that you can go around destroying military bases yet they still manage to increase the military security.

Anyway, I should've figured this sort of negative response to the thread, since it's the official forums it's probably alot of fanboys who will defend the game to the grave

And also: I like games which are challenging, but I also like it when these games give you a chance to make the game easier on you, even if it isn't too difficult anyway.

This is true! The game is very difficult not because of the groundtroops, but justcause of those damn helicopters! In games like GTA4/SR2 you never had to deal with so many dang helicopters all overpowererd and hard as heck to kill!

This wouldnt have happend if the sabotage affects actually made a diffrence in panau.

Destroying com and mast towers should delay the timer, on fast backup arrivals.

It should've worked like this

Military Communications Disrupted
    25% helicopters have a delay timer of 30secs. number of paratroopers 30
    50% Most helicopters show up as assault choppers, not as many apaches and delay timer has been changed to 1min. number of paratroops reduced to 20
    75% No more helicopters with misslepods and delay timer is now 3mins.paratroopers dropped to 15 Elites soilders no longer spawn as paratroops
    100% Helicopters rarely show as backup now and will only bring weak choppers paratroops if they show up now only drop 5 guys.

I know youre saying yeah well this would make the game incredibly easy, But! Thats only if you want your game to be easy.

If not then don't blow up any military communications or be smart and make seperate saves.

wait! this is just a dream, it's not real. You have nothing to worry about.. however!

Helicopters will forever haunt you in your nightmares! so long as you stay in panau.
    It puts the cheats in the justcause2 else it gets the shampoo in the eyes again.

Hardcore is easy! I'll have the acheivement for it soon.
    Death by cheescake (at least it's tasty!)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last