Thread: Anyone, who seriously wants to find that freaking bus .. [bus been found]

Anyone, who seriously wants to find that freaking bus .. [bus been found]

  1. #1301
    We need to start officially scaling the map, and tracking whats scaled and what isnt.

    The entire map, even though MCM said it spawns in the desert and snowy areas, because you never know..

    I will create a webpage of the entire map divided into grid squares, which will look something like this:



    For every grid square, there must be 3 people to confirm that there is nothing there, then it will become shaded.
    To confirm that there is or isnt the LL in a grid square, just post something like

    "Scaled:

    1yx-1yx
    1yx-2x
    2y-5x
    3y-3x
    4y-4x
    5y-6x"

  2. #1302
    Originally Posted by dayd41
    We need to start officially scaling the map, and tracking whats scaled and what isnt.

    The entire map, even though MCM said it spawns in the desert and snowy areas, because you never know..

    I created a map labelled by numbers and letters (similar to Battle Ship):

    ###

    For every grid square, there must be 3 people to confirm that there is nothing there, then it will become shaded.
    To confirm that there is or isnt the LL in a grid square, just post something like, "nothing on A,200
    It's a good idea, but just because it doesn't show up the first time you check, or the second, or the third.. that doesn't mean that it will never show up in that spot. But i guess it will help us check each area of the map properly.

  3. #1303
    Originally Posted by SmC12
    It's a good idea, but just because it doesn't show up the first time you check, or the second, or the third.. that doesn't mean that it will never show up in that spot. But i guess it will help us check each area of the map properly.
    Good point, but yea it will let us know a few things like which place is the DingDong most popular in, or which places spawn only 1 type of vehicle or something like that.

    It will keep things nice and organized.

    I wont be creating it until i see that there will be enough support for the idea, if theres hope for the idea ill create a seperate thread and update it accordingly.

    EDIT: and ur quote isnt the updated version of my post btw lol

  4. #1304
    Well i do like the idea, although i think you should keep it in this thread because it's all about the LL and everyone already know what this thread is about.
    (plus it gets more veiws and replies for RedPillow )

  5. #1305
    Originally Posted by SmC12
    I don't think they'd be that mean and not tell us............would they?

    A responce is one of the things i'm waiting for, and i'm sure we'll hear something soon.
    I think he would have PMmed to my guestions, but that theft-thing got on our way.
    Absolutely nice map dayd !!
    New thread .. what? - we have this super-popular one so why make new?
    <Insert random forum-member name here and make the text cooler by using different fonts and font-colors>

  6. #1306
    Well, I could immediately chime in with a few areas I know from memory it didn't spawn in when I "scaled" it... I bet a few others can too :P

  7. #1307
    Originally Posted by RedPillow
    I think he would have PMmed to my guestions, but that theft-thing got on our way.
    Absolutely nice map dayd !!
    New thread .. what? - we have this super-popular one so why make new?
    Id make a new thread for the sake of simplicity.
    If I make a dedicated thread, I can update the map and keep things organized easier than if it were on say, page 53, and newcomers to this thread wouldnt even have a clue what the hells going on anyway.

    Congrats on the crazy popularity though lol I dont think any thread on the forum (user created) has gotten this popular this quickly

  8. #1308
    Man... i been searching for about 7 hours... yes.. 7 hours.. I have alot of spare time
    I must say i found nothing. I checked most places twice and im going to search for longer tomorrow. I shall not give up.

    Have 3 cookies.

  9. #1309
    Originally Posted by Jai
    Have 3 cookies.
    Now that would be cheating
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
    These are mah' glitches.

  10. #1310
    I swear there was a problem in the games spawn files! Or are you just doing this to feel better? Or does it actually spawn?
    Want multiplayer? SIGN!!! Thanks sammich
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/JC2MP#signForm

  11. #1311
    I've been looking for this as well.

    As the last poster commented, I can't really tell if there is an issue or not. Some users who have dug through the files seem to think there is an issue with the spawn commands. The only official response has been that it IS in the game but he would check to see if there might be some issue with it spawning.

    After the amount of time that so many have spent looking for this damn thing, I'm aiming to think that there is in fact an issue with it spawning. I really wish that we could get an official nod one way or another on that.

  12. #1312
    Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Some users who have dug through the files seem to think there is an issue with the spawn commands.
    A limo spawns instead of the LeisureLiner. So if you are ever driving in the desert or snowy mountains and see a limo, think to your self, "Damn, that could have been a LeisureLiner...l"

  13. #1313
    Originally Posted by DMK95921
    A limo spawns instead of the LeisureLiner. So if you are ever driving in the desert or snowy mountains and see a limo, think to your self, "Damn, that could have been a LeisureLiner...l"
    This is bugging me enough that I want to start investigating myself. Can someone please give me a few fixed spawn points for limos (which should be the bus), if what you're saying is true, DMK? Then I can muck around in the right place on the map, at least!

    Thanks.

  14. #1314
    @ EISock and Mikhail:

    Yes, there is a definate spwaning issue with the LL. But that doesn't mean that it won't show up in the game at all, we haven't found it yet but there is still a small chance that it might show up in the game. There was something wierd about the spawn codes for the LL, and when replaced with the Limo, LeisureLiners started spwaning in the areas that the Limo should spawn, and Limo's spawned where LL's should spawn. (This was on PC btw)

    There's too many things to try, so we can't say for sure whether the LL actually spawns in the game or not, because we can't be in every area at the one time, and we can't try every technique at the same time either. There is a chance that we might get lucky, and somehow maybe we can fool the game into spawning the LL by trying different things and making sure we check each area more than once, and try each method more than once in that area.. just in case.

    Soon though, the LL will be spawning normally and we can drive it whenever we want. Although i actually want the Dev's to make the LL hidden in the game (when they fix it) so that we can all look for it again.

  15. #1315
    @ komododave- There are 3 limo's that spawn at the ski resort.

    @ smc12- 1) The dev's have never confirmed that there is in fact a spawning issue. As I stated earlier, I do agree with some here that have concluded that there is an issue but I'd really like the dev's to confirm it. 2) LOL that is really cruel man. I don't think I want them to start spawning all over the place but I sure as hell don't want to spend another who knows how many hours running around trying to find this damn thing because there is only one that is hidden.

  16. #1316
    Originally Posted by Mikhail
    @ komododave- There are 3 limo's that spawn at the ski resort.

    @ smc12- 1) The dev's have never confirmed that there is in fact a spawning issue. As I stated earlier, I do agree with some here that have concluded that there is an issue but I'd really like the dev's to confirm it. 2) LOL that is really cruel man. I don't think I want them to start spawning all over the place but I sure as hell don't want to spend another who knows how many hours running around trying to find this damn thing because there is only one that is hidden.
    But look at all the people this search brought together.
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
    These are mah' glitches.

  17. #1317
    Originally Posted by Mikhail
    @ komododave- There are 3 limo's that spawn at the ski resort.

    @ smc12- 1) The dev's have never confirmed that there is in fact a spawning issue. As I stated earlier, I do agree with some here that have concluded that there is an issue but I'd really like the dev's to confirm it. 2) LOL that is really cruel man. I don't think I want them to start spawning all over the place but I sure as hell don't want to spend another who knows how many hours running around trying to find this damn thing because there is only one that is hidden.
    Okay, well

    1) Yes we have been told that there might be spawnnig issue with the ll and the dev's are working on a patch for it right now.

    Originally Posted by mycoldman
    It's far more complicated. I can tell you it is in the game. Most certainly. But why exactly it doesn't seem to be behaving correctly is another matter.

    The spawning and vehicle system in the game is complex, very much so... so it takes a lot of people a lot of time to investigate things like this - and we have to get it right.
    Originally Posted by mycoldman
    Hmmn... I am looking into this guys. There's no reason why it shouldn't be there, but this vehicle does not have fixed spawn locations. I'm told it's normally found in the desert or snow areas.

    If I find there is a problem, I'll let you know.
    These two quotes were quite early in the search (while we were still trying things like random spawns and stuff) buty they basically say that the vehicle IS in the game, but isn't spawning correctly. Mycoldman (community Manager for Eidos, everything he says is 100% official, if you need to know anything, ask him! He is the Man of the JC2 Forums!) said that the dev's told him the LL should be spwning in Desert and Snow areas, after we searched and didn't find it he told us that it is unusaul why the vehicle spawning isn't behaving the way it should. We're waiting for him to get back to us with more info.

    Basically the vehicle is in the game but isn't spawning the way it should, MCM never actually said that it is a definate spawining issue (it is one of the main issues, if not the only issue), but if you read this whole topic you'll see that we find that out for ourselves, we also discovered alot more about the way the game spawns vehicles than we intended to.


    2) Me, and alot of other people in the search would like the dev's to hide it for us. This thread is so popular becuase we all worked together as a team to find the LL, and we came really far and discovered alot of stuff and everything. So it would be nice for the dev's to hide it again, for us, since we have been looking for it together for so long and this thread is the best and everyone helps with the search.

    If you read the rest of the topic you'll see what i'm trying to tell you. Everyone is really cool with eachother and we help each other out with the search, so basically we've made a good team and when they fix the LL, we should look for it again, just as a little thing for this thread. Because out of all the forums i've looked through to find answers about the LL, this is the only one that hasn't given up, gotten the dev's attention, and made a really great topic at the same time. And LOL it would be cruel if, after all this searching they make it just spawn on the streets all the time. At least if they hid it then it would actually make it feel like the search wasd worth it. (When we finnaly turn a corner and go up a dirt road in the jungle to see the LL waiting there )

    .. What N-lyger said lol ^^

  18. #1318
    Originally Posted by SmC12
    If you read the rest of the topic you'll see what i'm trying to tell you. Everyone is really cool with eachother and we help each other out with the search, so basically we've made a good team and when they fix the LL, we should look for it again, just as a little thing for this thread. Because out of all the forums i've looked through to find answers about the LL, this is the only one that hasn't given up, gotten the dev's attention, and made a really great topic at the same time.
    Can you imagine searching for it with online coop?
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
    These are mah' glitches.

  19. #1319
    Originally Posted by N-lyger
    Can you imagine searching for it with online coop?
    Yes but no.

    .. I mean yes, but no because it wouldn't happen. It would make it so much easier though.

  20. #1320
    Originally Posted by SmC12
    Yes but no.

    .. I mean yes, but no because it wouldn't happen. It would make it so much easier though.
    Double the players, Double the bugs?


    <-- I have made this 'speaking about things which I don't even know about' an issue in my behavior.
    Not saying, that I do it all the time .. but like 5% of the times.
    And as it is issue I must rip off from my behavior, I like other people to do it too.'
    Note, that this doesn't concer anything we (or some of us) have spoken here IN THE WHOLE FORUMS.
    It's just a thing everyone should consider before speaking about things you don't even know yourself.

    A nice example is mine: "DLC-cars don't count for the trophy" which was a total fail from me since it was just this 'I think -info'.
    <Insert random forum-member name here and make the text cooler by using different fonts and font-colors>

  21. #1321
    MCM stated it doesn't appear to be behaving correctly and then he said he'd let us know if they found out that there is a problem. So to me it just still feels like the issue isn't confirmed. I guess I'm looking for him to say "yes there is a problem and we are working on a fix for it." Again, not to doubt some of the work that some of have done here as I agree something's definately amiss.

    Oh no doubt it has brough the community together. It's really great to see a 50+ page thread without there ever being people acting like total douchebags. So rare in the gaming world these days. The LL hidden/not hidden is simplly a matter of preference. I may be personally over trying to find it but I can see the desire to have that last little treasure still be tucked away to be found.

  22. #1322
    Originally Posted by Mikhail
    MCM stated it doesn't appear to be behaving correctly and then he said he'd let us know if they found out that there is a problem. So to me it just still feels like the issue isn't confirmed. I guess I'm looking for him to say "yes there is a problem and we are working on a fix for it." Again, not to doubt some of the work that some of have done here as I agree something's definately amiss.

    Oh no doubt it has brough the community together. It's really great to see a 50+ page thread without there ever being people acting like total douchebags. So rare in the gaming world these days. The LL hidden/not hidden is simplly a matter of preference. I may be personally over trying to find it but I can see the desire to have that last little treasure still be tucked away to be found.
    About people fighting .. fighting which console / platform is the best and fighting about which game is the best is just crap.
    IT makes no sense and leads to flame / spam in 97% of the cases.
    And still it's everyday.
    <Insert random forum-member name here and make the text cooler by using different fonts and font-colors>

  23. #1323
    Originally Posted by Mikhail
    MCM stated it doesn't appear to be behaving correctly and then he said he'd let us know if they found out that there is a problem. So to me it just still feels like the issue isn't confirmed. I guess I'm looking for him to say "yes there is a problem and we are working on a fix for it." Again, not to doubt some of the work that some of have done here as I agree something's definately amiss.

    Oh no doubt it has brough the community together. It's really great to see a 50+ page thread without there ever being people acting like total douchebags. So rare in the gaming world these days. The LL hidden/not hidden is simplly a matter of preference. I may be personally over trying to find it but I can see the desire to have that last little treasure still be tucked away to be found.
    Well, that's the thing. We are waiting for him to get back to us. But he has had some other issues to deal with that kind of took him away from the forums for awhile, but we should get an answer soon though. The fact that we have tried EVERYTHING possible (i mean everything, even stuff that isn't to do with vehicles lol) to get it to spawn, checked the locations that it should spawn, but found absoolutely nothing suggests to me that it is a definate spawning issue. And like is said in another post, someone posted the LL spawn codes for us to look at, and the ID was wrong i think and instead it was spawning Limos and 2x the amount of DingGongs in the areas the LL is supposed to appear. By editing this code and changing some values we did manage to get the LL to appear in the game (replaced the Limo).

    And the fact that we have found nothing (yet) but people are still willing to help really is a geat community.

    I'm not saying that it is definately a spawn issue, i'm not a dev, but by what we've discovered about the game i think it's the most likely problem. But there's still a chance we can fool the game into spawning the LL, but who knows if we find it or not (before the patch). And that's why once the patch is released it would be cool if they made us find it again, it shouldn't take long anyway since we've already been searching. But that's just IMO.

    Welcome to the Forums BTW!!

    @RedPillow: I agree, but one thing's for sure.. This topic is Flame-Free!!

  24. #1324
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    temporarily closed while I'm reviewing the posts...

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  25. #1325
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Alright, in an effort to get this thread back on track, I removed the last few pages of this thread that consisted mostly of flaming. Apologies if a few legitimate posts went MIA in the process.

    Originally Posted by Call of Duty MW 2
    53 pages of fail.
    I will remind you that comments like these that add nothing to the conversation except negativity is against our TOU.

    If this is unclear to you or anyone else, you may PM me. Don't derail threads.

    ----------

    To everyone participating here: don't let anyone trap you in a negative spiral or be baited into flaming. An argument can only sustain as long as you fuel it. You guys seem to be having a nice forum group effort going on here, keep it up

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 53 of 220 First First ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... Last